The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some plates of the Hibernia and Ultonia (Ulster) regiments before and after 1809, but not during.  :lol:

ArLZwLa.jpg

kRdGd4G.jpg

TORN9000 said:
Aren't these uniforms out of date? compared to the mods time setting?

Spanish uniforms didn't change a lot from 18th century to early 19th as the British/French/Austrian did,if that was what you meant. The bicorn was still used by the infantry in the Napoleonic Wars, but little by little the influence of that kind of "top hat" (is it called shako?) that others nations used started taking importance.

For example in the second picture Bluehawk has posted, the soldier number 3 is from the Spanish Hibernia regiment. This soldier's uniform looked pretty similar to the French because its uniforms were French made, but you can diferenciate them by the lion of the Kingdom of León that they carry in the neck.

But yep, if you see a picture of a Spanish soldier of the 18th century compared to one of the Napoleonic Wars, the difference is minimum.

dinnerdog2zero said:
Surely you don't mean this
361px-General_Matvei_Ivanovich_Platov_on_horseback,_Russian_school.jpg
Surely, I do. Long blue coats are badass.

Don't know if I can actually justify spending time making the full kaftan, though.

Bravo2255 said:
The reason they are towards the back of the horse is because I think he is on a hill, and that happens when a player is mounted and on a horse.
That's precisely the reason he's sitting in an odd spot.

Anyway, I've been coding mostly these last days, but I spent a day making the Guard Cossack officer's uniform. I also tweaked the trooper's coat a bit and made the trousers much baggier. There's a field-officer's version with fringed epaulettes, too.

guardcossackofficer2.jpg

guardcossackofficer1.jpg

russianguardcossackoffi.jpg

As I said earlier, I rather like the Guard Cossack officer's uniforms---I like uniforms that are fairly modern looking yet still have a bit of old-fashioned style. The baggy pants are pretty wicked, too.

Docm30 said:

As I said earlier, I rather like the Guard Cossack officer's uniforms---I like uniforms that are fairly modern looking yet still have a bit of old-fashioned style. The baggy pants are pretty wicked, too.

Nice!

Oh, that, I like.

Belts and sashes make everything flashier.

Is there some significance to the silver badges(?) on the collar.

Rangerplus10 said:
Docm30 said:

Nice!

That's what I thought! The pants are so baggy! They look kind of out of place when all the other uniforms include tight, close-fitting pants. 

Ililsa said:
Is there some significance to the silver badges(?) on the collar.

With a few exceptions, "button holes" on the collars and sleeve cuffs of 19th century Russian and Prussian/German uniforms indicate their admission in the Leibgarde (Leyb-Gvardiya).

Officers of the various regiments (especially the three oldest infantry regiments) in the Russian Guard had unique designs tailored to them. The design used by officers of the Cossacks of the Guard happened to also be shared with officers of the Don Cossack Host though, so it wasn't as unique as it could've been.

cossackpetlitsy.jpg

Cossack loops

guardofficerpetlitsy.jpg

Loops of the Preobrazhenskiy (1), Semyonovskiy (2), and Izmaylovskiy (3) regiments

I really like the cartridge box, the bursts in the corners almost look Art Deco.

That's no dress uniform. Cossacks wore their finests at all times, which is why they were usually so ragged.

The medal is the 4th class of the Order of St. George. This was apparently extremely common among Russian officers.

Docm30 said:
That's no dress uniform. Cossacks wore their finests at all times, which is why they were usually so ragged.

The medal is the 4th class of the Order of St. George. This was apparently extremely common among Russian officers.

I never understood the speciality of a medal that's given to basicly everybody...

Nice work on that officer. Those baggy pants are certainly going to be a part of the uniform of my first character  :mrgreen:

Looking good like always I am so tempted to try the Russians now, though I have some valid questions.

Will we be seeing more of the clothing for the less military inclined ladies and gentlemen of the era of all classes again soon? I've seen what little you've posted before and it is amazing. I am curious to see if Wigs will be included despite the fact they are now the flared jeans of the changing fashion of that era.

Also any new facial hair/hair styles with this mod?

theinsane4 said:
Can someone tell me why the country the Duchy of Warsaw is not called Poland and how it came to be?
Because at the same time as the Duchy was created, Russia entered into an alliance with France. The Tsar asked his new ally Napoleon to avoid use of the word 'Poland' in any official capacity, so as to avoid fostering a sense of Polish nationalism, which the Russians regarded as extremely dangerous. Thus, the use of Warsaw instead of Poland.

Napoleon had intended to make Poniatowski king at some point, and it's possible he would have changed the name to Poland at that time.

SeanBeansShako said:
Looking good like always I am so tempted to try the Russians now, though I have some valid questions.

Will we be seeing more of the clothing for the less military inclined ladies and gentlemen of the era of all classes again soon? I've seen what little you've posted before and it is amazing. I am curious to see if Wigs will be included despite the fact they are now the flared jeans of the changing fashion of that era.

Also any new facial hair/hair styles with this mod?
All of the hair, facial and otherwise, seen in those cossack images are new. There are several new styles of each.

I don't know when or if I'll be showing any more, but there will be plenty of civilian clothes. There's a periwig I made for the Germans, too, if you're so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom