Poll

If you saw a knight assaulting a young female peasant, what would you do?

Attack the knight.
Ignore the knight.

Author Topic: [S] (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (1.31 released 23th of June)  (Read 1506820 times)

ruledarkman and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Cozur

• Master Knight
  • Censored.
    • Twitter - @realcozur
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WB
Adding some more NPC's, which ones would you like to see?

Fasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WB
You should add King Joffrey. If you say the wrong thing to him, you get thrown into the black cells

savantx

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • WB

Jixxor

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Hello guys,
I have a question:
I just downloaded the mod and started a new Game ( awesome character creation by the way ) and I noticed that I am told to own "4 acres of Land in the Town of Storm's End" . Now when I paid my troops the first wages I did not see any income from that Land I own and I cant seem to find any option to cultivate the land or manage it or whatever you can actually do to it.

At the "Lordlands and moneylenders " overview I can either buy acres of land or "buy and prepare uncultivated land". I am kinda confused: the first means that I buy land and just have it unused, and the second seems like "Buy new land and cultivate it"( so it does not use your previously bought acres of land?).

Do I have to use the option "buy and prepare land" to make use of my land?
Thanks in advance.

Seighfryd

• Recruit
    • Steam - baraz
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Seighfryd
  • WB
Hello guys,
I have a question:
I just downloaded the mod and started a new Game ( awesome character creation by the way ) and I noticed that I am told to own "4 acres of Land in the Town of Storm's End" . Now when I paid my troops the first wages I did not see any income from that Land I own and I cant seem to find any option to cultivate the land or manage it or whatever you can actually do to it.

At the "Lordlands and moneylenders " overview I can either buy acres of land or "buy and prepare uncultivated land". I am kinda confused: the first means that I buy land and just have it unused, and the second seems like "Buy new land and cultivate it"( so it does not use your previously bought acres of land?).

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Contrary to enterprises in the game and other revenues, the money made from land has to be fetched directly in that Town by simply clicking the 'moneylending' option. If you have any revenue there (appears once every two weeks), it will then go directly in your backpack.

You can see a financial report (a table) that shows you if you have any assets/revenues and, mostly, that financial report will pop-up overtly in your face automatically every two weeks (unless it is somehow turned off).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:14:50 AM by Seighfryd »

Moridin

• Squire
  • Favoured of Sithis
    • Steam - [DLP]Moridin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WB
Hello guys,
I have a question:

Thanks in advance.

Like Seighfryd said, to collect rents from land you need to go there in person. Rents build up over a period of time, so check back after a couple of weeks.

The way land works is, there's a certain ratio of land cultivated to population of the city. For whatever the population of the city, a proportionate amount of land is worked. Any land above that limit is not worked, and so wasted.

You pay rent on all the land you own (50 denars an acre, I believe). You also earn income on all your land that is being worked.

Buying uncultivated land adds more total land to the city. This is useful if the city population has grown, and the existing amount of land is insufficient for supporting the total population. The downside is, though, if you buy too much then the total amount of land in the city exceeds the amount it needs to support its population, and the excess land is wasted. As such, you pay 50 denars for each acre, but you don't get any income from the land that isn't being worked.

It's a fairly complex system, so look up the Floris wiki - I think there's an explanation of the land mechanics on there somewhere.
Quote from: Empire Immortal
Remember our order's name, before you do anything rash.

Quote from: PC
Indeed I do. It contains 'mortal' and I don't care for prefixes.

JabdiMelborn

• Language Moderator
    • Skype - jab_di_melborn
    • Steam - jabdimelborn
    • Twitter - jabdimelborn
    • Twitch.tv - jabdimelborn
    • YouTube - jabdimelborn
    • View Profile
    • Clan L'ARMATA BRANCALEONE
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: AB_Jab aka "Wasted Meat"
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
...@RobbazTube "ACOK Video" #1 - House Corgi and #2 - Corgi Islands:...
(click to show/hide)

...ACOK become even more famous out there... :wink:

ciauz^^,
Jab
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:38:39 AM by JabdiMelborn »
(click to show/hide)

@Jabdimelborn

Yahiko

• Recruit
    • View Profile
More bandits, more people who I can fight, more lords, cuz I played for 2-3 hours and I find a few lords on the way and just 4-5 groups of bandits...I wanna find some more bandits, to run from them or to fight :lol:

Shavar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
Playing it for a bit now and I really enjoy it.
Got some suggestions tho,
1. Battle maps are in some cases far to big. ( Enemy just stands there while you have to take you troops all the way or solo their commander so they will attack ).
2. Players villages should be attacked less. Its impossible to get money from your village since its always under attack even tho other closer to enemies remain intact.
Recently after fighting 5 enemies around Wolfs Edge ( The North ) my village got raided by Balon Greyjoy ). I know its not just ACOK problem but it seams bit less annoying in native.
3. North needs some better path finding aswell as Dragonstone.

Oakenshield

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Oak_the_Ranger/Hallvard
Haven't played this since 0.8 so I think I'll download this and play it again, a great mod from what I remember!

Cozur

• Master Knight
  • Censored.
    • Twitter - @realcozur
    • View Profile
  • WB
More bandits, more people who I can fight, more lords, cuz I played for 2-3 hours and I find a few lords on the way and just 4-5 groups of bandits...I wanna find some more bandits, to run from them or to fight :lol:

Not at all what I was thinking of.

By adding some more NPC's, I mean like Sandor Clegane and Cersei Lannister.

Which ones would you like added?

Gilwe

• Sergeant Knight
  • Wuk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Gilwe
  • WB
If he isn't already in the mod, Ser Barristan Selmy. He's old and white haired, but still a badass.

(click to show/hide)

- "With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth. Our strength will shake the foundations of the world."

Cozur

• Master Knight
  • Censored.
    • Twitter - @realcozur
    • View Profile
  • WB
If he isn't already in the mod, Ser Barristan Selmy. He's old and white haired, but still a badass.

(click to show/hide)

Except we know he's on his way to Qarth at the moment the modification starts. So that was a stupid suggestion.

HarbingerOfDoom

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Captain and CO of Guard Company
    • View Profile
I want to use banners of the houses already in game. How do I do this?
bump

Epicrules

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Everyone's equal when they're dead.
    • Skype - Epicrules
    • Steam - Jamse
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Jamse
  • WBWF&SNW
You do one of two things:

A) You don't.
B) Editting game files.
James, there is no question you use Smithy-Seeking Ammunition (SSA).  That Carbine has never failed to hit me right in the face as you're going full speed on horseback.
Well then no shit sherlock, get an army or get out.