Poll

Have you done the Night's Watch quest line?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: [S] (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (1.2 released 8th of April)  (Read 1240281 times)

natkar, Chezwa, Tuco22, Htet Thu, zerokira101, Xzayler and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: [S] (ASOIAF - Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (1.0 released 13th of September)
« Reply #7485 on: September 22, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »

If it is in the Gathering Companions is in StormĀ“s End, in the tavern, if its not, i think the spawn of companions in taverns is random....

No no, where QUESTS start. 

I know about finding companions.  My companions issue is more about the compatibility so I can pick out a stable group and not have to worry about the BS likes and dislikes stuff because I HATE that in play (And if I could turn it off in this mod?  PLEASE tell me how).

(though that said, I don't know whether this is a mod issue, or a Floris implementation issue.  But one of my games I had Gather Companions on, they all dispersed as soon as the first week passed and never went back to Storms End unless it was the random place they traveled to)

Domestic

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: [S] (ASOIAF - Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (1.0 released 13th of September)
« Reply #7486 on: September 22, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »

Heck, I'm as much just wanting to know where they all start.  So far I only know about White Harbor, the Tattered Prince, Winterfell, and the Abbey place.

I keep reading about some Ghoyan Drohe mission, but I've been all over there and can't find that.  It's made me wonder if it is somehow related to one of the religions.

In the castle of The Ruins of Ghoyan Drohe in Norvos is a man named Lomas who gives you the Coldbringer quest. There is a quest given by a man in the Braavos castle to take over Volantis. Where do you find the Tattered Prince quest?

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #7487 on: September 22, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »

Heck, I'm as much just wanting to know where they all start.  So far I only know about White Harbor, the Tattered Prince, Winterfell, and the Abbey place.

I keep reading about some Ghoyan Drohe mission, but I've been all over there and can't find that.  It's made me wonder if it is somehow related to one of the religions.

In the castle of The Ruins of Ghoyan Drohe in Norvos is a man named Lomas who gives you the Coldbringer quest. There is a quest given by a man in the Braavos castle to take over Volantis. Where do you find the Tattered Prince quest?

Sure there's not a pre-req for Coldbringer?  I talked to -everyone- in the Ruins and didn't get a quest.

As for Coldbringer, there's a guy in the castle of one of the Myr cities.  Myr, Tyrosh, or the one that brings with an I.  It's... hard.  The quest itself says to bring at least 200 men!

Joe_cantson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: September 22, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »

Sure there's not a pre-req for Coldbringer?  I talked to -everyone- in the Ruins and didn't get a quest.

As for Coldbringer, there's a guy in the castle of one of the Myr cities.  Myr, Tyrosh, or the one that brings with an I.  It's... hard.  The quest itself says to bring at least 200 men!

[spoiler]
You get the quest in Tyrosh in the second floor of the castle, he tells you to kill Bloodbeard and the company of the cat, he has 250 people but you can beat him with 100 well used cavalry, some lancers, some knights etc. or at least I managed to, as most of them were on foot, but I lost a lot of men so 200 would be better. You get a frickin awesome axe, but that's Bonebreaker, not Coldbringer. :)
Anyone know how to get the other valyrian swords? Coldbringer especially, I know how to get Blackfyre and is there a third?

Domestic

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: September 22, 2013, 10:23:41 PM »
You get the quest in Tyrosh in the second floor of the castle, he tells you to kill Bloodbeard and the company of the cat, he has 250 people but you can beat him with 100 well used cavalry, some lancers, some knights etc. or at least I managed to, as most of them were on foot, but I lost a lot of men so 200 would be better. You get a frickin awesome axe, but that's Bonebreaker, not Coldbringer. :)
Anyone know how to get the other valyrian swords? Coldbringer especially, I know how to get Blackfyre and is there a third?

You get Coldbringer from doing the quest at Ruins of Ghoyan Done or whatever it's called.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #7490 on: September 22, 2013, 10:37:57 PM »
So, the quest to kill Aegon of the Band of the Crossing.  After I beat him, he escaped... does he respawn somewhere?  Or is it just going to be luck to find him now?

Fasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #7491 on: September 22, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »
So, the quest to kill Aegon of the Band of the Crossing.  After I beat him, he escaped... does he respawn somewhere?  Or is it just going to be luck to find him now?
You don't need to capture him.

~~

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #7492 on: September 22, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »
I know I don't need to.  The fact is I -want- to because I'm trying to play a more straight and narrow sort.

Epicrules

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Everyone's equal when they're dead.
    • Skype - Epicrules
    • Steam - Jamse
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Jamse
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #7493 on: September 22, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »
It's very possible that they're not capturable.
James, there is no question you use Smithy-Seeking Ammunition (SSA).  That Carbine has never failed to hit me right in the face as you're going full speed on horseback.
Well then no shit sherlock, get an army or get out.

Fasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #7494 on: September 23, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »
How come whenever I put sellswords in my castle to defend it, they abandon the castle after a couple hours? If I put anyone other than solders of my faction, they abandon their posts..

burnall

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: September 23, 2013, 02:28:42 AM »
Quick question on the quest for the Horn,

I spoke to Rodgar, and figured I had to go to Harrenhal. I got inside, Vargo has nothing to say, but Ben Blackthumbs said something cryptic when I asked him about the horn, and I believe I missed the clue.

What do I do next?

Thanks.

Okay heres how u do the quest, i've done it a few times

(click to show/hide)

Thanks man, that's really helpful, I presume I must have selected the wrong answer. How do I restart the quest though? Speaking to the quest giver does nothing; he just greets me.

after u have messed up the quest if u go back to the quest giver he should give u the quest again, he has for me. but i only messed up at the harrenhall part of the quest never any earlier.

raider128

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: September 23, 2013, 04:10:48 AM »
A few general questions:

Are any major characters of the novels/show able to be married? I mean people like Cersei, Catelyn Tully,Lysa Tully, Arianne Martell. Or is it possible to marry into a family like Lannisters, Martells etc   even if its not a major character?

Are there random events such as Renly's death or as far as the Red Wedding?

For RP purposes, what "far away land" is your character born in? There are options to be Dothraki, Fight in the pits (Meereen i'm guessing?) or studying at the Citadel. Is the far away land suppose to be Essos?

Are there any plans to expand the character creation/starting choices like in Brytenwalda? Or options to start somewhere other than Storm's End?

chatmanstef

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #7497 on: September 23, 2013, 05:50:14 AM »
How come whenever I put sellswords in my castle to defend it, they abandon the castle after a couple hours? If I put anyone other than solders of my faction, they abandon their posts..

I got the guy captured, but you really dont want him, no one pays you ransom and he keeps a slot occupied.

Joe_cantson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: September 23, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
You don't need to capture him.

~~

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

What mission is the Aegon one?

WHITESHEEP

• Recruit
    • View Profile
IS THE ECONOMY WORKING NOW?
« Reply #7499 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:22 AM »
I think to give this wonderful mod another try. But the economy is important of course. Any bugs encountered so far?