I decided to create a Thread with an overview about this PW-mod to give the new players the possibility to have a good start.
Also check my mapper-tutorial!http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194986.msg4671352.html#msg4671352Structure:
2. Key Bindings
3. Getting started
6. Factions and classes
7. Cooking1. General
Basically, in the Persistent world modificatition you can't level up like in cRPG or other modifications, also there is no Database to save your Character.
It's more a Roleplay-mod where you can train different classes and go in houses, taverns, make war, sieges and so on. 2. Key Bindings
I won't list every key bindings like the ones for administrators, but the most important ones:F
- The most important key in the mod. with F you can use/buy/craft/open/saddle up/... in general this is a Use key.C
- Also a very important key since the last update. With C you can toggle the names above players, show/hide you clothes, pick up other clothes and so on. Also you detach backpacks with C.E
(normally) - Kick another player, this interrups him in attacks and hurts him a bit, he also gets pushed back.W,A,S,D
- Movement keys, like in most other modificationsF7,F8,F9
- poll keys, F7 for abstain, F8 for 'No', F9 for acceptESC
- Main Menu, here you can start polls, kill yourself, faction administration and so on.G
- Drop your current weapon (the one in your right hand. if you want to drop a shield you have to sheath your weapon and take just the shield)P
- opens the money window, there you can drop moneybags or withdraw/drop money in nearby chestsL
- opens the chat log# or \
( the button left of enter, depends on keyboard ) - sheaths your weapon (you can change the key)F12
- select a player for armor lootingF7
- local chatlog
- Local chat, has a light orange colour, if you press shift+enter, then you shout out, this has a dark orange colour and has a increased rangeT
- World chat, white colour, main chat. With this you reach everyone on the server.I
- Faction chat, different colours, depending on the faction flag. If you are leader of the faction you can use shift+enter to make announcementsBackspace
- Admin chat, use this if you got complains. pink colour.
- select playershift + F8
- stop a pollshift + F9
- accept a pollshift+ enter
at admin chat - Make announcement
Mapper keys:CTRL + E
- go in edit mode (you have to be in window mode)Right click
- Select/place an object/colour/groundMouse wheel click
- paint grass on the floorT
- change height of an objectZ
- rotate Z-axisY
- rotate y-axisX
- rotate x-axisB
- change scaleG
- move placed objectdouble/triple/... tap W
- increase movement speedDEL
- Deletes an object3. Getting started
If you are the first time in PW mod, you start as a Commoner. Commoner is the basic faction and normally can't be attacked by other players randomly.
The first thing you should do is to check how much money you got, if it's more then 250, you should look for a Serf-trainingpost
you can find them if you look for a pitchfork. Then you hold and press F to train.
Then you have changed your class to a serf. Congratulations :] Now you can destroy trees faster and also mine faster.
Now to this: If you got additional 300/500 you can buy a woodcutters axe/mining pick.
With this you can go to trees/mines and simply hit them with a right tool. (If you got no money, this also works with normal weapons with trees. You also don't need to be serf.)
Then you will see that the tree/mine drops items. pick them up (you can have a maximum of 4 items in your inventory) and find a place to sell them. Mostly they are in towns and castles. Put them in your hands and hold F at the spot where you can sell them.
This is the way you get fast money on the PW.
To buy a weapon/armor, just tap F once with no weapon in your hand. Then the weapon spawns at the spot, then take it with F.
You equip armors in the same second you buy it.4. Crafting
If you are engineer, you have much possibilities to craft items/ build objects.
To craft items, you just need the right ressources and hold F at the weaponspot of the weapon you want to craft.
You don't know whats the right ressource? No problem, here is a list:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoRHZwIqBE-udHdwMFZncWZpZ3JwVld5OHJ4MTk1SkE&hl=en_US#gid=3
How to get these ressources?
You will find some ovens to process iron and some benches to process wood in the world. Iron processing:
If you process iron
, you get 2 Iron bars
To get a long iron bar
, you need to process 2 iron bars
To get 2 short iron bars
, you need to process 1 iron bar
To get 2 iron pieces
, you need to process 1 short iron bar
To get 4 boards
, process a Wooden block
To get a pole
, process a branch
To get 2 short wooden poles
, process a pole
To get 2 sticks
, process a short wooden pole.Building:
To build anything, you need to find the right place, it's often marked with a piece of wood or a chest.
Then you just need a repair hammer
and some wood. Then you hit the spot and after ttime and many ressources, the thing gets built.5. Fighting
Fighting is easy. You just need to hit the enemy with left click like everytime. But you have to respect the rules, randoming is not allowed mostly.6. Factions and classes
You can join different factions in PW. Leaders can decide if they are in war/peace or in alliance with another faction.
Mostly the factions have own castles and own spots for weapons/armor/training places/selling spots.
If you train in the factions castle, you join this faction (it's shown in the first line: 'Train as CLASS for the FACTION'
In most maps half of the money you spend in the castle goes to a chest. This chest is locked by the leader of the faction and you can ask him for the keys.
He also can give out door keys for opening gates closed by the faction. All this the leader can do in the faction-administration panel.
You can leave a faction everytime you want by tapping F on a 'leave a faction and become a peasant' -stick somewhere in the world.Classes:
There are many different classes in PW, and I don't want to list them all.
Every class has other special abilities, the better the class the higher is the price to train it.
There are also special classes:
Sailor/traveler: Best class to sail ships
Engineer: best class to craft weapons (only craftsmen can also craft, but their less skilled) and build constructions.
Serf: best class to mine/chop wood.
Doctor: can heal players with a surgeon scalpel
It's up to you what class you want to take, but often the lords want you to be what he wants.Cooking:
For Cooking, you need the right ressources.
For example you have to harvest wheet to make flour out of it in a mill. Then you take the flour to a baker-oven and you can make bread.
You need bread and other food to heal yourself.
I hope I could make you a bit more intelligent by this Thread.