Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.. go home!?!?!?!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

MurphyAdd

Recruit
I was thinking the cool guys who made this game ( :oops: Forgot names) to add a housing agency.. so that the players with 100k plus (like me) :lol: could buy a nice manor.. or a low level could buy a hut for 2-5k its an idea i leave for you..
also i think that if you're a high rank you should be granted a citytownvillage from the king... or even a knighthood..

Hope to hear from all o ya

You might want to do a search before posting, as this idea has been brought up several times already

:smile: True enough - I have a post or two myself ( http://taleworlds.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1376&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=%29) with this idea for the developers - and there are many similar suggestions by others within threads on this forum.

Still, it's high enough on my wishlist to be grateful for someone bringing it up again! A good reminder that we need someplace to stay.

I'd like the ability for you to eventually start and maintain your own empire. This would be far off, but it would be alot of fun.

Lost-Lamb said:
A known fact: Everybody wants something like this, the only question is can the engine support it and will it be possible for armagan to do
Exactly. What happens is the suggestion for a house rapidly becomes one for a dynamic castle environment where you can be attacked and then for towns/cities with opportunities for sieges, and then for a kingdom.

I'm enthusiastic about more more more of course, but really some suggestions are more practical than others, especially for a small company.

JohnathanStrange said:
Lost-Lamb said:
A known fact: Everybody wants something like this, the only question is can the engine support it and will it be possible for armagan to do
Exactly. What happens is the suggestion for a house rapidly becomes one for a dynamic castle environment where you can be attacked and then for towns/cities with opportunities for sieges, and then for a kingdom.

I'm enthusiastic about more more more of course, but really some suggestions are more practical than others, especially for a small company.

I don't see what makes this seem so unfeasible. Obviously, sieges are out, but a pitched battle could decide the ownership of a town. A town that belongs to the player behaves exactly the same, but attacks along the player's loyalties, and produces some troops and goods that are free for the player, not to mention money. The player can invest large amounts of money in his town to make it produce better free stuff. Get better troops, take more towns, get more monies. It would be extremely simple to implement.

This would create something for late-game players to do, where currently there really is nothing. Keep the level cap at 50. Assign some troops to Marnid, right click on Zendar, and he will go try to attack it for you, or have him hang out in your town and defend it if the swadians try to storm it.

Do somebody remember "Pirates!" ? There are no sieges but there is a way to capture cities. I don't say about the same model. But battles near the city walls will be interesting. There may be added some defensive buildings with archers. What do you think about this?

armagan said:
Buying property does not require any changes to the engine. It's a matter of content addition, and I am sure most mods will come up with different ways of handling that. We'll probably add that to the official game as well, considering the demand for real estate among players.

Looks like owning your very own place is a pretty easy thing to add.

As for sieges, well. It seems to be a rather well received/discussed idea but, near as I could tell, armagan hasn't responded to any of them. So this either means it's unpossible, a whole lotta work, you need to wait for a mod, or look for it in M&B2.

how about a chance to buy a house in all the cities, or just the friendly ones. Then, when you are visiting the town, you wouldn't have to pay for resting and you could access a really large inventory, a storage of a kind.

Edit: oh yeah, and when you own a house, or a city, you could desing your own heraldry!! It would then be visible in tabards over your and your troops armour (maybe only knights). Nothing fancy, just an editor in the style of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. I doubt it would be of much trouble.

Eird-Way said:
JohnathanStrange said:
Lost-Lamb said:

I don't see what makes this seem so unfeasible. Obviously, sieges are out, but
:smile: Heh. First, you disagree with my observation that sieges are impractical and then you add "obviously sieges are out" which is basically what I was saying in the first place.

Still, your followup is not impractical and interesting. Of course, I wasn't arguing against having a kingdom or property, especially in the simple format you outlined.

I was simply pointing out that some versions of this idea can quickly go from simple to enthusiastically elaborate. Where I imagine a simple 2D screen with a portrait of a house or stables with some property statistics, others see a small castle that could be attacked or actually "walked" around in.

Houses would be an awesome addition. When I'm searchin for RPG's to play on my comp, I try to find one that will let me own a house, town, castle, w/e... because that basicaly combines my 2 favorite game types. Simulators, and RPGs. You can simulate the living in your town, and then you can go around battling enemies if you get bored :twisted:

You could simply walk up to an NPC, who's the Real Estate Agent (or unreal estate agent? Games aren't real, you know :razz:) and you can choose to buy a house. There will be different types of houses... going like so ---

Hut (1 story) --- SRP* = 5k
Farmhouse (1 story) --- SRP = 10k
Cottage (1 story) --- SRP = 20k
Abode (2 stories) --- SRP = 30k
Manor (2 stories) --- SRP = 50k
Mansion (3 stories) --- SRP = 75k
Castle (4 Stories) --- SRP = 125k

***SRP = Suggested Retail price***

The transitions between stories would look like stairs, but they would act like doors. You simply walk up to it, and it says "Go Up Stairs" or "Go Down Stairs" depending on the way the stairs go. They would take you up or down, and of course the door would be on the ground floor :razz:

The houses would come pre-furnished, and the more expensive the house, the bigger it would be and the more stuff would be inside it. So a cottage would be bigger than a hut, but they would both only be one story.

There would be a bed, so you could sleep without paying money, there would be also be a storage system. Starting with the Farmhouse, you would have a trunk/chest sort of thing, maybe at the foot of your bed, which would store a limited amount of items. Say, maybe 15 items for a trunk/chest thing. Once you upgrade to a manor, you have a storage room, which is capable of holding twice as many items. this would take care of the whole storage system thing, which so many people want.

When it comes to owning towns, however... that's an entirely different matter. As some one said, there could be a battle for the town. Like.. you right click the town and pops up a menu that says "Travel To (name of town), Attack, Cancel" and if you clicked attack you would travel there and that town's army would come out. Wether it be a bunch of peasants or a war party, it doesn't matter. The winner would take control or keep the town. If you controlled a town, you would get discounts. Nothing would be free, but you would get, maybe, a 25 or 33% discount. 33% 1/3.

Hiring units from that town would be cheaper, and the wages would be 50% less. You would also make money from taxes and stuff. If your city was attacked, you would recieve a warning that pops up and says something like "The town of (town name) is under attack! Will you travel there and aid your citizens?" with a Yes/No answer thing. If yes, the game would teleport you near the city, so you could defend it. Or you could just leave a hero with some units there... hehe.

All sorts of possibilities with this, but houses WOULD be awesome :grin::grin::grin:

If you eventually get to own some land in this game, you should be able to buy your own manor. I don't think one should be randomly generated just for you, but it is the home for that particular lord of that particular town. So if you inherited the ownership of Rivacheg manor, where count mira lives, you'll get his manor, complete with antlers on the wall and a little prison.

Maybe could estabilish somthing like "Dynamic landlord system". Every part of both empires has his feudal lord, who swear fidelity to one of the kings. If lord is slain, his domain go to ruler, who can estabilish new lord.
Every lord is individual character. Mercenary capitan, who has most of king's favor, take this land, and exploit it. Of course, he'll can build a house from resources, eventually expand it into the castle.
Random "wild" castles, built by raubknechts or pirates would be great, and could be a part of quests.

I must though that this coupled with the design your own heraldry which you and your men wear on armour and shields are my two favourite so far

bandits should camp out in the open, and you should be able to attack thier camps. It wouldnt be hard to mak designs for attacking camps would it.

probably not. Just make a couple nomad-style huts and place them in a group somewhere on a randomly generated map. Like a tree. You can't walk in to it, but you can go around it and such. The bandits can spawn anywhere, and the camp can be spawned anywhere.. just not like... floating up in the air. Or you could make a level like the Four Ways Inn, that never changes. Always has the same geography and stuff. Sure, it would get boring to raid bandit camps over and over and see the same stuff, but no 2 battles in this game are the same, as far as I know...

A group of people should be able to transform into a town, called a "camp" that will function the same. I've said this elsewhere, but a group of 100 bandits should rove around slowly, then plop down and settle in for a little while, sending out little groups of scouts and raiders.

And thank you for mentioning Pirates. The new game is awesome. Sid Meier really knows what games are about. Gamers think some things are ridiculously ambitious because no designer has ever bothered, but I'm basically suggesting that M&B work just like Pirates! in this respect. No complicated RTS elements. Perhaps you can invest in fortifications, or buildings that will produce stuff you can use or sell (or personal troops), but I'm not talking about adding a lot of content here.

The only hitch is storming a town. I'm saying that a ordinary battle with a town pictured in the background is a reasonable sacrifice for the huge addition to the overarching campaign.

I have already posted this topic(and it's in the first page) already, maybe you could have a look at it...make sure you read the first post(mine) and at least to the end of page 2. Thank you.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=3946

Back
Top Bottom