roads

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef

Recruit
Small suggestion, have roads between the 'larger' towns that give a small speedbonus.

I was thinking of this, merchants can follow them giving you a nice area to target to ambush enemy supplies. heh heh.

Wouldn't iot detract from the whole feeling of roaming about in the wilderness, though? It'd also remove the point of having a tracking ability (which is a great addition, I love using it to follow my prey)

Perhaps if areas became muddy where caravans/prisoner trains went regularly?

It'd only really help when moving from ton to town, bandits and raiders would still be out in the wilderness, its more defining the route to a few important towns and showing the path a few merchants take.

I think this is an excellent idea. Increased merchant traffic on roads should also be coupled with increased protection for the caravans, though. If the player wants to knock over a large caravan, they better have to really fight for it.

Aye, the major concentrations of bandits and raiders would be on the roads, so smaller caravans and wary players would instead trek through the wilderness (maybe have a skill which allows faster travel on the open country). The roads would have to reflect the war zone though, so the roads further back from the front line would be in better repair and safer, whilst those right in the thick of fighting would be teeming with soldiers and in bad condition from constant use.

Well, my idea - make roads give you +30% speed, like 10th level pathfinding :wink:... but not cumulative with pathfinding. After all, no need to find your way around when you are just traveling down the road :smile:.
And when you'll want to travel rough terrain - pathfinding will kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom