Author Topic: Hell on earth discussion - Applications closed.  (Read 6494 times)

Moss

• The Hungarian Salami
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBWF&S
Re: Hell on earth discussion and concept - Accepting Applications.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:52 AM »
Deus Ex meets Out of Hell? Colour me interested.

I might throw together a bio in an hour or two, but I'll certainly be watching either way.
There are genetic predispositions for everything. Some people are genetically predisposed to be horses, for example.

Incaa

• Master Knight
  • I'm still not a woman.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Incaa
  • M&B
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
If Winds of North won't pick up again, I'll surely join this. For how long will you be accepting applications?
FOREVARRR! /notreally

Until the story has enough posters to support it's own weight.

Deus Ex meets Out of Hell? Colour me interested.

I might throw together a bio in an hour or two, but I'll certainly be watching either way.
Deus Ex was actually a major inspiration for the augmentation side of things, though we're less limited IMO.

I hope you do decide to join us Moss, but otherwise I still appreciate the interest.
Quote from: Incaa
I <3 Redheads.

Go here.

Or else.

Moss

• The Hungarian Salami
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50:30 PM »
Ah hell, how can I not? Throwing together a character now.

Out of curiosity what kind of Hellspawned monstrosities are we dealing with here? Classic Christian Theology, Modern Christian Theology, Modern Horror (Out of Hell/Silent Hill/etc), Lovecraftian Otherworldly Horrors?
There are genetic predispositions for everything. Some people are genetically predisposed to be horses, for example.

Úlfheðinn

• Spells "humorous" just fine.
  • Language Moderator
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 02:35:46 PM »
Australian?

So Foster drinking convicts?

*Please don't ban me!!!
To be honest I kinda feel that Ulfturk has long since transcended his mere Swedish existence.
See where leniency gets you?!?

You need to follow the Tao of Ulf. Ban them all, and damn the consequences!

Moss

• The Hungarian Salami
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »
Huh. Arid, burnt, blood red land, full of poisonous and vicious beasts inhabited by the sinners and outcasts of other lands.

That actually fits pretty well. :P

Edit:

Draft character idea:

Name: Emet
Callsign: Golem
Description: Of average height and average build, at first glance the only thing remarkable about Emet's appearance is how unremarkable his appearance is. Emet's face is often blank and unreadable, with features that could be described as fitting either gender or several ethnicities depending on how it's seen.
Former Occupation: Undisclosed
Current Occupation: Personal Security
Weapons: Trained in firearms and unarmed combat.
Equipment: A gold and silver locket.
Bio: Emet would be an enigma if anyone deemed to notice her, quite and withdrawn, dressed unremarkably, neither seen nor heard. Though some may feel unsettled in his presence they rarely notice the cause of their unease and fewer still think on it for more than a second. For the rare few who've been driven by curiousity to seek out her personal records they've found nothing more than an obviously faked personel file with a very large and threatening higher-in-the-food-chain-than-you security authorization seal on it.
Augmentations and Side-Effects:
UNC; Spine
Synthetic skin and muscles - Provides greatly increased strength/agility - Poor sensory feedback from touch, Poor muscle control without visual feedback
Synthetic face - Skin tone, eye colour and bone structure can be modified (to a limit) in the field - Can appear slightly unnatural, often deadpan emotional expression
Synthetic Speech - capable of mimicking any heard voice or accent accurately - Has no voice of own, always speaks in someone elses tone, can be lilting or artificial on occasions
Synthetic Organs - Increased endurance and decreased need for oxygen/nutrient intake - Requires daily replacement of nutrient tanks, extremely noticable on x-ray and similair security measures.

Note:
Due to the lack of proper gender neutural language in English, and the stupidity of saying him/her everytime I write something I'll just be switching them around completely randomly unless it would cause unwarranted confusion, in which case I'll just defualt to whatever's appropriate at the time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:52:58 PM by Moss »

Draco Wrath

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
I like "it".  :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

QuailLover

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Cease thy bickering hos!
    • View Profile
    • QuailPilot's Page
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »
Oh I'll try and tag a long again.

By the way: do all the characters have to wear that armor?

Name: Tim Fellson
Callsign: Dancing Guy
Description: He is 6"1' and 155lbs. Caucasian, tanned, black hair with blue eyes. Likes to wear wifebeaters, and exercise pants. He also wears knee and elbowpads.
Former Occupation: Student - B.F.A. in Dance
Current Occupation: Freelancer - Free Runner, and Professional Dancer
Weapons: Unarmed Combat, and has a Glock 17.
Equipment: Small camelback backpack. Which carries rope, extra water, extra magazines for the Glock, some rations, extra energy cells, and skeleton-keys.
Bio: Tim is very agile, and quick on his feet. Just graduated with a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Dance, he hoped to compete in some major dance competitions, but unfortunately could never find a sponsor. To help pay the bills, he uses his other hobby of free running, and does various jobs for anyone. Crime syndicates, local politicians, people who just want a secure delivery done fast... hell he even partook in an extreme scheme for a guy who was proposing.

He is a little bit of a loner.

- Side Note: Major dance competitions do not allow a large amounts of augmentations.
Augmentations and Side-Effects:
Head: GPS System - Is able to keep track where he and is destinations are at all times. Also he preloaded maps, for areas where the satellite cannot reach. - It constantly updates, which at times causes a ringing in his ear. The system can be turned on and off, but takes a long time to turn on.
Shoulder: Music Player - just a standard civilian model music player. Plays music internally or externally when wanted, and comes with a kinetic charger. - It does however use a substantial amount of energy. The kinetic charge tries to counteract it, but it does to a little effect. With prolonged used - fatigue, head and shoulder ache.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:38:26 PM by QuailLover »
Here comes a Quail...YEHAW!    

No. 'The River Pirates' are not a punk band. And you misunderstand me when I said I was 'going Clubbing'. Mount&Blade ~ Maw

You're going to piss yourself when you see my guy Quail. Havoc

You're a success, Quailman. Alenmare

This man is so great and possessed of style...Lyze

The best thing about Quail ... he is a good dancer, and sexes it up on the dance floor with chicks and posts pic of it here. Feragorn

Úlfheðinn

• Language Moderator
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »
Interesting, Moss, interesting.

I have as of yet not seen a character focusing on dancing in RP yet, props for originality. ^^
To be honest I kinda feel that Ulfturk has long since transcended his mere Swedish existence.

QuailLover

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • QuailPilot's Page
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
Well, lets say, it's more interesting to have your own character to have his own goal.

No. 'The River Pirates' are not a punk band. And you misunderstand me when I said I was 'going Clubbing'. Mount&Blade ~ Maw

The best thing about Quail ... he is a good dancer, and sexes it up on the dance floor with chicks and posts pic of it here. Feragorn

Úlfheðinn

• Language Moderator
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
Indeed.  :D

QuailLover

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • QuailPilot's Page
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 11:37:15 PM »
Definitely though this time, it's clearly selfish.

Incaa

• Master Knight
  • I'm still not a woman.
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »
Out of curiosity what kind of Hellspawned monstrosities are we dealing with here? Classic Christian Theology, Modern Christian Theology, Modern Horror (Out of Hell/Silent Hill/etc), Lovecraftian Otherworldly Horrors?
I'm not sure how you'd classify them since I'm not an expert on Demonic Biology  :lol:
I can't say too much without revealing planned plotline so I'll leave some of it to your imagination but we'll be encountering corporeal monsters for the most part with maybe some possession or otherworldly shit later.

Australian?

So Foster drinking convicts?

*Please don't ban me!!!

---------------------------

All applications accepted. We've got enough people to start up, I know I said the story thread would already be launched but I've got to go drink some fosters I mean.. Steal some bread.. I mean.. G'day Mate.

No srsly, I've got to go get some groceries.
I <3 Redheads.

Go here.

Or else.

Moss

• The Hungarian Salami
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 03:47:49 AM »
Classic Christian Theology:
Think Dante's Inferno. Has more in common with Modern Horror than Modern Christian. Demon's have many forms and Hell is a very stratified and chaotic environment politically. Lesser demons take twisted inhuman forms, often based upon one of the sins of man, in some cases they are described as being the embodiments of each sin committed by mankind made flesh. They may also have a form shown when on earth as well as their natural state. Greater Demons, higher in the political hierarchy of hell have multiple forms and choose them as they see fit, though they often stick to one favored form. They can be as varied as a lion headed man or a great many headed dragon, much like their lower kin they're often defined by one of the mortal sins.

Examples:
Solium Infernum
Wayne Barlowe (Especially Barlowe's Inferno)

Modern Christian Theology:
Red, on fire, cloven hooves, wings, you know the drill. Hell is portrayed as a much simpler place, The Devil at the top and everyone else serving loyally. Rather than the wasteland of ash and despair of traditional christian theology the modern version is all fire and brimstone, which is much reflected in the appearance of modern demons. Essentially your modern day pentagram, blood sacrifices and gnashing teeth mythology.

Examples:
Hellgate London
Paradise Lost

Modern Horror:
In many ways similar to traditional theology but more heavy on the horribleness. Lot's of walking corpses, horribly deformed humanoid creatures of pure evil, Exorcist style possession. Probably not worth looking up links for this, as if you've played a video game or watched a horror movie in the last twenty years you know it. Some good examples would be Resident Evil, Silent Hill, The Exorcist, Out of Hell, nearly all creepy-pasta on the internets, anything with buckets of blood, pus and horribly deformed human beings really.

Lovecraftian:
Hell isn't in Kansas anymore. Eldritch horrors, putting the 'evil' in primaeval. Demons are more alien or primitive in nature, though possessing an incomprehensible intelligence. Involves a lot of going insane and often results in everyone dying or killing themselves.

Examples:
Call of Cthulhu
Cthulhutech and more Cthulhutech

/Mythology nerd

Incaa

• Master Knight
  • I'm still not a woman.
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »
Classic Christian Theology:
Think Dante's Inferno. Has more in common with Modern Horror than Modern Christian. Demon's have many forms and Hell is a very stratified and chaotic environment politically. Lesser demons take twisted inhuman forms, often based upon one of the sins of man, in some cases they are described as being the embodiments of each sin committed by mankind made flesh. They may also have a form shown when on earth as well as their natural state. Greater Demons, higher in the political hierarchy of hell have multiple forms and choose them as they see fit, though they often stick to one favored form. They can be as varied as a lion headed man or a great many headed dragon, much like their lower kin they're often defined by one of the mortal sins.

Modern Horror:
In many ways similar to traditional theology but more heavy on the horribleness. Lot's of walking corpses, horribly deformed humanoid creatures of pure evil, Exorcist style possession. Probably not worth looking up links for this, as if you've played a video game or watched a horror movie in the last twenty years you know it. Some good examples would be Resident Evil, Silent Hill, The Exorcist, Out of Hell, nearly all creepy-pasta on the internets, anything with buckets of blood, pus and horribly deformed human beings really.

Hell is going to be somewhat similar to classic theology while the creatures will be somewhat more intense and less 'christian's say ******** is a sin so you're gonna be raped by a horny demon'  :lol:

Only if you don't wanna die.

Look shiny!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:18:38 PM by Incaa »
I <3 Redheads.

Go here.

Or else.

Úlfheðinn

• Language Moderator
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »

Only if you don't wanna die.

:lol:

Look shiny!

Great! I will probably post later today or tomorrow morning(Europe Time) as I sadly have errands to run at this moment.

Question though, I take it that it is safe to assume everyone thus far is working for this fancy shadowy corporation?  :P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:51:50 PM by Úlfheðinn »