Author Topic: If you have Performance Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here  (Read 107691 times)

Pacific_Salmon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WB
Re: If you have Performance Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
You can try:

texture_detail = 100

render_buffer_size = 12

max_framerate = 80

use_vertex_shaders = 0

fake_reflections = 0

force_single_threading = 1

If this dont run, you can try performance patchs in brytenwalda donwload page.

Thanks for responding but are you suggesting I INCREASE the texture detail and frame rate?  Anyway I tried it anyway and I get the same result.  I downloaded the Brytenwalda 256x256 and that does not help much.  I tried playing at the lowest settings possible and still I would get crashes.  This tells me that it is not a problem with lack of memory but something else.  Sometimes the game crashes when in the inventory or when I try to talk to a NPC.  I don't think the strain on the memory is so great at these points. 

I too had the same Visual C++ error as VoodooChild.

The error I get mostly is that infinite loop where the screen goes one frame forward and one frame backwards in an infinite loop.  At these points my memory usage and CPU usage drops to nearly zero. Oddly if I take an action like change weapons I can hear it but cannot see it because of the infinite loop.  Other posters have had this problem also

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
  • MP nick: CeltíberoIdibil
« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Mm, your PC have more than 3 gb of ram and more double core, it is correct for play. It has be a configuration issue.

You try patch 512x512, then, go to game, graphic configuration and choose LOW.

Advise me if this run plz

VoodooChild

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
Well, it runs well with low graphics, but it sure looks awful.  :|

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
Well, it runs well with low graphics, but it sure looks awful.  :|

You can go add improve until it crash, then you will know how many let your pc you  :D

Pacific_Salmon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2012, 02:37:46 AM »
I downloaded WSE 2.5.  It does not really help but I kind of find a way to play.  Whenever the game freezes (and it does so frequently) alt+tab+delete back to the desktop and then re-enter the game in a few seconds and I am able to play again.... :)

Weird, right?

Anyway, usuall when I play Brytenwalda it shows that it uses 1.6G memory in the processes.  For some reason, when I play with WSE 2.5 It only uses 150MB.... What is going on.  In addition, in WSE there is an option to "flush memory" if usage hits a certain threshhold (I think defeaut value is 500 MB).  Does anyone knwo what this is and what value will optimize play.

Also, what the does teh bufffer_size setting do?  I heard people say change it to 256 or 512 but but what is the best setting?

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:51 AM »
However, you use normal warband for menus and normal game, WSE have conflict with strings and menus in Brytenwalda.
you have it include in Brytenwalda folder.

Warband and memory is a old problem hehe, you have more information in first post.

Pacific_Salmon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2012, 10:24:23 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions Idibil,

Can you please answer what does "render_buffer_size" do?  If I knew what it does then maybe I would be able to find the best setting for it. 

Currently I have no idea, it seems like it does not affect anything other than if I set it too high (1024 for example) the game does not want to start or crashes right away.

Also, I have a few other questions (these might be helpfull to others also)

1. What is "use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0"?  If I change to 1 then the game does not start, why?
2. Do you know what "auto_gfx_quality = 2"?

THanks for all help.  I really love this mod and just want to play it withoug too much lag :P

Just as a side not, I limited my computers memory consumption by closing needless processes lowering windows visual setting etc.

Currently my windows eats only about 450 MB of my ram.  So this leaves about 2.7G Ram for Brytenwalda... I hope this is enought.  I also have Radeon HD 3200.  Is this enough and maybe I can change some setting on it to allow game to run better?

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
I think that your questions are reply here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Configuration

:D

Currently my windows eats only about 450 MB of my ram.  So this leaves about 2.7G Ram for Brytenwalda... I hope this is enought.  I also have Radeon HD 3200.  Is this enough and maybe I can change some setting on it to allow game to run better?

Warband work with 2 GB of your memory, and brytenwalda 512x512 should work fine you. I have 4gb of memory and 1 GB of graphic Card (ATI too), and it did.

Pacific_Salmon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
I think that your questions are reply here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Configuration

This answered all my question except for one, what does render_buffer_size do ?

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
It has relation with resources you assign coform to your memory card. I dont know like it work, but I have 12 here, I saw 15 in others games, and rest of people use half of their graphic card memory. By example, if they have 1 GB, it add here 512.

Pacific_Salmon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
When I tried changing my boot file (adding /3GB /USERVGA=2990 fix)  I get the following message:

Warning--nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced funcctionality reference device installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device." I hit OK, it says "Generic Application Error", "The Sample will now exit." These are Mount and Blade error screens, not windows screens. What does this mean?

Also, I notice that the best way to get Brytenwalda working is to reduce the resolution.  I changed mine to 1280x768 16-bit and that helps a lot.

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
That is a good advise for others players.

Pacific_Salmon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2012, 04:28:57 AM »
Advice is good but what about:

When I tried changing my boot file (adding /3GB /USERVGA=2990 fix)  I get the following message:

Warning--nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced funcctionality reference device installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device." I hit OK, it says "Generic Application Error", "The Sample will now exit." These are Mount and Blade error screens, not windows screens. What does this mean?

Idibil

• View Profile
    • Nova Regula
« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »
Conflict. You dont change it  :D

vilipo

• Recruit
  • TEMPLAR VILIPO
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Bellator (warrior)
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »
HI! can you help me, i have an annoying problem with the mod, like many else do :D but still i need help with this... So when i try to go visit an village center, or town... the game freezes, and error window comes, that says: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
                             unusual way
                             Please contact the application's support team for more information.

and also iwe tried many fix ways here are... but it still does the same, also iwe tried to put texture, and all others into the lowest. But still same error happens. Please help me. VILIPO
Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam - Not to us Lord, not to us, but to Your Name give the glory.