MP Fantasy Magic is Might. [Update: Screenies :D]

Users who are viewing this thread

2b47t0.png
Thanks Belendor for this awesome banner!

Hello again MnB Players! I'm back in action, to finnish what I once started!
You can find an explenation for my long away time, and the dead period on page 24.
I've been cleaning the main thread abit, as I'm planning to change some parts of the mod.
Not sure what to change yet, but it's still under discussion. Hehe.
I'll leave most of the old thread in a spoiler, if you're intrested in reading it.. Untill this one is updated!
Now, in this phase, if you have any questions, please don't hessitate to ask!
And if you feel you can help with, it would be cool to have you with us on the team!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLD THREAD

Hello there my fellow witches, wizards, muggels and all other Harry Potter fans out there.. Never before, has there been an opportunity for you to duel with your friends or your enemies in an online game which is based on the magic and fantastic world of Harry Potter. And in the honour of the last released move, which will be released this summer, i feel it's time to take matters in my own hands! The mod will be based on the war against Lord Voldemort and his followers. And you will have to pick a side!

Do you want to defend what you love, and fight as a wizard\witch Resister?

Or maybe as a last year Hogwarts student? 

Or maybe the idea about joining Lord Voldemort as a feared and powerfull deatheater to cleans this world for filthy mudbloods sounds more catching to you?

The mod will have:

New models:
Offcours we will need new models for this mod! And there will be, models such as: Wands, coats, school uniforms, death eater masks and buildings.

Spells: What's a wizard game with out the spells? Your wand will work as a weapon, from which you will shoot different spells that you choose! (spell list comes under) I also thought about making the wand a model instead of glows, which you hold in your hand as normal, and make the spells as a throwing weapon, and simulate that whenyou throw the spell, it comes through the wand.

Harry Potter Based maps:
We will need some scenes to play on as well offcours! And thees are already under drawing. At least some of them, I also accept suggestions. Thees are the scenes: Hogwarts (maybe not whole of it in the start, but at least the most important parts, maybe also on different maps to decrease lags) Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, maybe the minestry of magic even.

At moment i work alone, but i will gladly accept help! So, if you're a modeler or a coder and want to help, please tell! More hands at work, the faster it will be released!

Here is a list of Spells:

Stupify: In the series, this stuns the enemies, but here it will do a good amount of damage, 2-3 hits will knock out (kill) the enemy (kisser shot will knock out instantly).

Expelliarmus: Will disarm the enemy (only possible if a make the wand as a weapon, and not the glove model, which will mean, instead of 4 spell of choose, only 3)

Protago: This will work as a shield, and will block the spells of the enemy.

Impedimenta: Will slow than, and hurt enemy a tad. (maybe add knock back animation)

Avada Kedavra: Instant kill ( only for death eaters) but can only be used once each life! (maximum 3 if that's the only one you choose, but after 3 shoots you will then be defence less)

Crucio: Will inflect a lot of pain trough the target, will stun them in pain, plus take health.

Fiendfyre: a last escape, it will kill yourself, and your enemies (or friends) around you.

If you got any suggestions at all, please post or PM me, if you want to join the team, just tell OK? i accept help, as i hope this will turn out good!

Roleplay gamemod! (updated 13.06.2011)

Something that i will add to the game is a roleplay gamemod, where i myself will host the official server, where the official RP will be, offcourse people can host theire own private rps, but they will not interfear with the main one.. Also there will be an own battleserver for those who just want to kill and due ll..

The roleplay will be at hogwarts, as a student there you will have to go trough all the years of studies. You will get chosen into a house by an admin which will either just randomize, or do a personality test, and will have to register on a site that's under construction. When that's done, you're officially a hogwarts student.

There will be a teacher staff, put together of myself, the principal, and offcourse you guys!

With this there will be classes, competitions, and i even got a plan to make a version of the loved wizard sport quidditch!

If you're intrested for a teachers position, please PM me and I'll review your application, by searching the job, you will also have to help constructing the mod. (maybe not technical, but with ideas, activity on forum etc etc) 

More info about rules and how the system will work will come later... :smile: 

UPDATE 31. JULY - Job application! - by Emma

If any of you want to apply for a job in the roleplay,
you can send an application to EMMA through pm.
- Saying what subject, why we should pick you, if you know alot about the subject or Harry Potter in general.
Remeber to make the application your own.

These positions are filled;
Headmistress
Wise principal
Head of Gryffindor
Defence against dark arts
Head of Ravenclaw
Charms
Head of Slytherin
History of Magic
Groundkeeper
Care of magical creatures
Caretaker
Head of Hufflepuff
Anicent runes
Librarian

These positions are available:
Potions
Clairvoyance
Transfiguration
Astronomy
Arithmancy
Herbology
Nurse
(Flying Instructor - will not be available until later)

NB! We only accept applications through PM

If you've got any questions about the job(s), you can ask about it here on the forum.

----------
We are currently working alot with this game.
Everything from scripting, making spells, buildings, wands and cloth designs to planning rules in the roleplay, and making a website. (The rules will be posted soon!)

We also really want to find all the teachers and employers, so start searching.

The teachers job will be to hold classes, give/take housepoints, help and guid the students, give homework, correct them, etc.
They will also be moderators and "guards" in the game and on the website.

So it will be like a "real" hogwarts-teacher.
- I should mention that the Roleplay will be "after Harry Potter", we're a new Hogwarts generation.
So you'll make your own character.

On the game's website, everyone will make their own profile, where they can write about their character and post their homework.
On the website there will aslo be posted news, announcements, events, etc.
screensshots

Hogwarts
Havn't gotten arround to texture it yet haha, quite frankly it's going to be a nightmare! The whole piece will be used in backrounds of maps like hogsmead, or the quidditch pitch.
Though I'll take each induvidual part and make it more detailed, so that they can be used for close-ups. The great hall also has an interior, wich will be used on some scenes aswell :grin:
10hk554.jpg
Got some Wands here, from the old days aswell! The textures will be remade though! :grin:
hx3l2h.jpg
And some remade uniforms! If you look trough the thread, you'll find some old uniforms, theese are made longer, and I added a refrense person for the lols
dfdt6v.jpg
More to come, but you can find some old ones scattered amongst the thread heh.
Community stuff

Banner:
2yjr8sm.jpg

Code:
[Center][URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=176065.msg4227076#msg4227076][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2yjr8sm.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

2vtqhye.jpg

Code:
[Center][URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=176065.msg4227076#msg4227076][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2vtqhye.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

2e496vl.jpg

Code:
[Center][URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=176065.msg4227076#msg4227076][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2e496vl.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

a2x8ns.jpg

Code:
[Center][URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=176065.msg4227076#msg4227076][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/a2x8ns.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Poll results:
Which Gamemod would i meet you in:
Roleplay
    65 (60.2%)
Battle
    11 (10.2%)
Siege of hogwarts
    18 (16.7%)
Deathmatch
    4 (3.7%)
Team deahmatch
    10 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Team:
OLT_Grandmaster_Farferon - Projectleader and pretty much everything
Aquila_Germania - Modeller\texturer
Arnas - Part-time coder.
Spanker - Exotic Dancer

I am pretty worried about how this thing will work despite the others i am counting on you but still are you going to do whole thing yourself or like other "spammers" you need help?

You have a bold, and interesting idea.  I haven't seen a mod that featured magic yet.  You are going to have a lot of work to do, but I think its going to turn out great. Good luck!  :mrgreen:

Belendor said:
I am pretty worried about how this thing will work despite the others i am counting on you but still are you going to do whole thing yourself or like other "spammers" you need help?

I will do the whole thing alone if i need to. Rather that, then rellaying on others.
But offcourse i wouldn't say no to help if it came to me, and i could rellay on my helper to do a good job. 
But at moment, I'm alone.
Thanks for the support, and i'll try not to dissapoint you! :grin:

You might want to check out Magemod on this forums. It actually featured magic, though not perfect it worked.

It is Open Source? I did not know that :wink:

Anywya, have fun making this mod. Sounds interesting, even if i am no real Harry Potter Fan-

Why don't you make the mod in the period of Hogwarts foundation,where the Slytherin was fightin' the other 3 Archmages.It fits to the M&B period and u can make it for SP(In SP Spells are easier to add).

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Why don't you make the mod in the period of Hogwarts foundation,where the Slytherin was fightin' the other 3 Archmages.It fits to the M&B period and u can make it for SP(In SP Spells are easier to add).
I second it

Ikaguia said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
I second it

I don't. I think it would be cooler to set it on the last book, with the war between the 2 factions. The School would be the map, with villages, castles, etc being converted into rooms and areas of the Hogwarts castle and surrounding parks and buildings.

If you follow my advice you can
make 8 factions for the mod for both sp and mp:
Might Factions:
England-England of year 1000 with historical lords
Scotland-Scotland of year 1000 with historical lords
The Danelaw-U know,danelaw of year 1000
The Welsh-The welsh of year 1000
Magic Factions:
House Griffindor-Mages of House griffindor are prominent to fire spells-House near the English
House Slytherin-House Slytherin mages are prominent to dark spells-House in center of all factions
House Hufflepuff-House Hufflepuff mages are prominent to earth/water spells-House near the Welsh and the Scotts
House Ravenclaw-Mages prominent to lightning spells-house near the Danelaw
You can add spells like:
Incendio
Finite Incantatem
and find some more names on latin for electrical,water,dark(imagine some yourself :smile:)
Revan Shan said:
Ikaguia said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
I second it

I don't. I think it would be cooler to set it on the last book, with the war between the 2 factions. The School would be the map, with villages, castles, etc being converted into rooms and areas of the Hogwarts castle and surrounding parks and buildings.
Too less variation.The year 1000 setting allows us to implement historical characters and faction thus making a double mod.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
If you follow my advice you can
make 8 factions for the mod for both sp and mp:
Might Factions:
England-England of year 1000 with historical lords
Scotland-Scotland of year 1000 with historical lords
The Danelaw-U know,danelaw of year 1000
The Welsh-The welsh of year 1000
Magic Factions:
House Griffindor-Mages of House griffindor are prominent to fire spells-House near the English
House Slytherin-House Slytherin mages are prominent to dark spells-House in center of all factions
House Hufflepuff-House Hufflepuff mages are prominent to earth/water spells-House near the Welsh and the Scotts
House Ravenclaw-Mages prominent to lightning spells-house near the Danelaw
You can add spells like:
Incendio
Finite Incantatem
and find some more names on latin for electrical,water,dark(imagine some yourself :smile:)
Revan Shan said:
Ikaguia said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
I second it

Too less variation.The year 1000 setting allows us to implement historical characters and faction thus making a double mod.

Double mod means twice the work. I don't understand why historical factions should be in it.

The first idea ... is perfect for a Multiplayer . And the idea , with the old magic world , is great for a Singleplayer .

Back
Top Bottom