MP Modern Apocalypse Epidemic

Users who are viewing this thread

Nord Champion

Grandmaster Knight
EpidemicLogo1-1.png

Description:
This is a Zombie mod for Mount and Blade: Warband Multiplayer. It was created by William (Taleworlds Forum Name: Nord Champion).

The mod itself takes place in mid 2012, after an outbreak of a disease caused humans to go into a sort of instinctual stage of life, all that mattered to them was survival. The Diseased Humans found it best to attack Humans, since they were the ones depleting most of their food sources (Cows, Chickens, etc.). The New Humans were stronger, faster, and very cunning (the most basic). But the Humans had a secret weapon, wit, something instincts can only teach after thousands of years of living.

What caused the disease, though, is a cure for cancer. On August 11th, 2011, scientist found that a modified HIV virus can kill cancerous tumors. After this discovery, the scientist tested it on 3 human subjects. After 2 months, everything looked great and they were released to their homes to live a normal life again. After another 2 months, some strange symptoms appeared. The subjects muscle density increased, they could not sit still, and they thought that they had to do everything in their power to survive. After 6 months of the initial testing, the symptoms had spread to more than just these test subjects. By 12 months after testing began, 95% of the worlds population was infected. They were no longer humans just infected, they were a new breed of humans.

Screenshots:
Little Zombies
mb15.jpg

Alpha Zombies
mb14.jpg

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMW6LIjW4T4

Alpha Testers (Thanks a ton you guys!)
DoF
elorian
Kazzan
gaham1
Slawtering

Current Version: .02 Alpha
Current bugs: Iron Sights do not work, Shotguns do not work, Zombies can block.

Next Version: .03 Alpha
Changes that are going to be made: 2 New Zombies, More Weapons and Clothes, Shotgun and Iron Sights Fix (Optional)

Kazzan said:
Good luck mate! Just hope you'll actually see this through, will you break the zombie mod curse?

Ah thanks! And yeah I will be working on this forever! I promise :wink:

And this will include singleplayer eventually but not until the multiplayer is stable.

I saw a server playing this, four people, so I quickly came here to download it. By the time I got back on the server was gone. But I hope to play this soon, looks pretty interesting.

Pretty neat and fun, the zombie stone throwing thing is the only thing i would definitely leave out. Keep it up!

J12-19 said:
I saw a server playing this, four people, so I quickly came here to download it. By the time I got back on the server was gone. But I hope to play this soon, looks pretty interesting.

The DoF server is probably going to be running this most of the time now.

As to the throwing zombies, one of the main reasons they are in there is to keep people from camping or glitching (getting on roof tops etc.) where other zombies cant get you.  They will however be getting a damage nerf, and will only have around 10 stones.

Glad to see some people are getting interested!  Keep up the feedback please!

Name Suggestion: Tides of Flesh

I think this name suggestion will fit the mod purely because it represents a horde of zombies attacking the player in waves or "Tides", the "flesh" part represents the zombie being nothing but a husk of walking flesh(i like to provide in depth reasons for my suggestions, it improves my chances of my suggestion being picked :grin:).

shadowarcher said:
Name Suggestion: Tides of Flesh

I think this name suggestion will fit the mod purely because it represents a horde of zombies attacking the player in waves or "Tides", the "flesh" part represents the zombie being nothing but a husk of walking flesh(i like to provide in depth reasons for my suggestions, it improves my chances of my suggestion being picked :grin:).

:lol:

I think it has a nice ring to it, but its up to William, and he might keep his options open until he gets some more suggestions.

Nord Champion said:
Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
Maybe different weapons for zombies?
the dagger is a bit boring

Well what would you like to see them have? Honestly I thing the dagger is best because "real" zombie don't carry anything at all....
Maybe give them a weapon that looks like fists, or is invisible, so it appears like they aren't using a weapon, but can still deal out whatever amount of damage you want them to deal.

Rurin said:
Nord Champion said:
Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
Maybe different weapons for zombies?
the dagger is a bit boring

Well what would you like to see them have? Honestly I thing the dagger is best because "real" zombie don't carry anything at all....
Maybe give them a weapon that looks like fists, or is invisible, so it appears like they aren't using a weapon, but can still deal out whatever amount of damage you want them to deal.

Yeah I was thinking that aswell.

Back
Top Bottom