Author Topic: By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 11 Posted)  (Read 10246 times)

Dalkar

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 2 Posted)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
A good thing Coy isn't here, Brutus :P
The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can,
    Pursuing it with eager feet,
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say.
        -Bilbo Baggins, Halfling.

Diputs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 10:05:10 PM »
This is a pretty interesting AAR. I'll be reading from time to time.
A good story has meaning. A great story asks you what its meaning is.

karviteri

• Regular
  • By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Chapter 3 will be posted tonight.

Thanks everyone for reading.  :)

Enjoy!

markushex

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Markus
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
Interesting  :D
      Run and hide , if you wish , but I'll smell you .

karviteri

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 3 Posted)
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:51 PM »
By the Lust of Men

Chapter 3: The battlefield

The battlefield is indeed a difficult place to describe. For some, it is a place of death and hatred. For others it is only a profitable business. Even for some people, it is a drug that flows trough their veins and keep them alive. However, for everyone, it is definitely not a place for women - but Alissa would prove them wrong.

Along the way she would get more than one wound,  but in exchange, her name would shake the most skilled warrior. Every battle and every success was a step forward, but the price of war was to be paid. Oh yes - she would lose loyal men, close friends and, with their blood on her hands, she would also lose a part of her humanity with each life ended by her own sword - As they say, no pain, no gain. But for now, this was just the beginning.

It was during April of 1257 when everything changed, not on the outside, but in the inside, not in the people or in war, and not even an inch of our big world changed - but something happened in the heart of our beautiful lady. Let me tell you the story.

During a short stay in Suno, to recover a wound received during battle, Alissa met the men who planted the seed of battle in her soul. "Please bring me a cup of your best wine, my good man" - Alissa said to the tavern keeper - "What are we drinking for?" -asked a strange man in the other side of the bar - "To my doctor's health" - she said - "Haha! That is a large bandage on your leg.  You seem like one who has seen combat" - the man replied - "Yes, Indeed. But in the end all I got was myself getting injured..." -  when the man interrupted - "Oh no my lady. I must beg your pardon, but I must disagree. Calradia is a place of great opportunities, at least for an adventurer like yourself. You see, every wound is a profitable lesson and every battle opens, inch by inch, the heavy door that leads to the circle of Kings".

After hours of listening carfully to this wise man, the tavern door hit the wall as it was opened fiercely. It was an exauhsted man that, covered in sweat, cried for help. You could tell he ran for hours beore arriving the place, but people didn't care and quickly continued with their drinks. "Come here young man" - said the wise man to the exauhsted farmer as he approached the table - "Please tell me, what is it that you need?" - he asked - "It is my people, my home - you got to help us!" - the farmer said with great concern, to what the wise man replied - "Calm down and explain yourself" - and after recovering his breath the farmer said - "A band of brigands have taken refuge in our village, they take everything we have and do us much evil. I escaped and ran to my Lord, but his guards didn't let me talk to him. I beg your help" - after thinking for a seconds the wise one said - "Oh my dear man, I am old and I have no experience with a sword. But you might be the opportunity that this young lady has not realized yet she is expecting" - "Where is this town?" - Alissa asked - "It is the village of Lyindah my lady, it is not far from here. Will you help us?" - asked the farmer with an obvious hope in his eyes - "Tomorrow I will ride to the place. I beg your prayers" - Alissa said while holding the farmer's hand - "Thank you my lady.  I can see it in your eyes, you are one of great goodness!" - and after finishing her cup of wine, she returned to her room to take some rest.

Still with a bandage in the leg, Alissa and her men rode to Lyindah, where they would deal with the band of brigands. With no mercy our heroes charged the evil men who took the village by force, and when the rest of villagers realized it was their opportunity to strike, they joined in the name of freedom and brought an end to this nightmare.

With blood in her sword and a fast heartbeat, Alissa had this feeling that cannot be described with words - the feeling that is only produced by the drug of war flowing through the veins of a true leader, the drug that would make her feel alive, and the drug that would never set her free.

This was the point of no return, the point when the seed planted by the wise man in the tavern, grew in her heart and turned the girl into a new born warrior.

Lord Brutus

• Bot Hunter Mk.IV
  • Global Moderator
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Brutus_Marcellus
  • M&BWB
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »
Somewhat disturbed by the lack of lust :wink:, but an interesting turning point. :D
Love to eat dem adbots, adbots what I love to eat.  Bite dey little heads off.  Nibble on dey tiny feet.  "Words are wind."---Snoop

Aleolex

• Veteran
  • Ain't nothin but an arrow to the head.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Aleolex
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 01:51:53 AM »
Somewhat disturbed by the lack of lust :wink:, but an interesting turning point. :D
Oh, you  :roll:

I'm sure there will be more than enough in the chapters to come. :D
There are several good reasons for drinking
and one has just entered my head.
If a man can't drink when he's living,
then how the heck can he drink
when he's dead

Ludial

• Knight at Arms
  • The damn bastard pacing in front of the shieldwall
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Wild_Man
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 02:42:16 AM »
I can sense that a dim-witted but rich lord will get caught in the web of a seductress only to finish his days as an unimportant consort at the side of his empress...

this sounded kinda stupid, though
A bastard that knows no other law than that of the sword and no other love than that for gold. Isn't this the ideal of those who come to seek their fortunes in Calradia? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154052.0.html

karviteri

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 04:44:57 AM »

I wanted to use this chapter to go deeper in what is happening to Alissa and focus on it. But hey, you won't me missing the lust during Alissa's adventures :wink: hehe

karviteri

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 4 Posted)
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
By the Lust of Men

Chapter 4: The one

"It has been an honour" - the merchant said while taking a step out of the tavern, and she would never know of him again. "Was it fair?" - the lady asked to herself. Well, it depends on the definition of fair. If you ask me, Yes - it was legal, and No - it was not right.

Just a couple hours before the above events, our heroes arrived to Praven - the Capital Town of the Kingdom of Swadia - with the objective of selling all the loot gathered after their great success in Lyindah and filling their purses with denars. Alissa then went to the Tavern to have a cold drink and rest the remaining hours of the day.

"Bless you my lady. It is good news to see you are well" - a man said somehwere in the place - "Ulric Fugger, it is you!" - Alissa said after recognizing the merchant's voice - "Of course it is me! but not for long..." - he exclaimed with some concern in his face, inviting her to his table and asking the tavern keeper to bring whatever she wanted to drink - but she desired no more than a glass of fresh water.

"Now tell me, what is your concern?" - asked the woman - "Well, things didn't go quite so well as I had hoped. King Harlaus is grateful enough that I got rid of his crooked Captain, but he can't exactly have me running around here as a lasting reminder of his failure to take care of things himself" - explained the merchant - "So what is he expecting? People to cross their arms while  they are robbed?" -she said - "I know, I know. But this is Calardia my lady, where Kings do as they might and we must abide. In a way he was grateful enough to me and gave me enough time to sell my properties and leave town. I can't say it was the worst outcome, since in the end, I bear justice in my heart after all we did" - the merchant expressed.

"I guess that makes me an unwanted person in this town as well. He must know I led the assault" - she assumed, but the merchant said - "Oh, my lady! Your innocence becomes naivety from time to time. Yes, he is fully aware of your participation in such events, but your beauty is not an easy thing to hide and its word has spread fast across Calradia. This called the King's attention and I assure you, he has different plans for you" - "That hardly seems fair!" - Alissa exclaimed, but the old merchant, with the experience and lessons obtained by the passing of the years, replied - "It is not all about justice, my young girl. With time you will learn that wars will be fought, crimes will be forgiven, hearts and entire nations will be broken... and everything by the lust of men. It is the one who controls lust that controls men. It is the one who controls men that carries great responsability. And it is the one with great responsability that owns power" - and after a short silence, the merchant continued - "King Harlaus has taken note of you. Be ready my lady, since he or any of his Lords may offer a good deal to have you at their side - or given the chance, their competitors will. But be aware, they may desire more than just your sword" - Ulric suggested and, impressed by his wisdom, Alissa said  - "It is a shame that you must leave this land, your skills could be very valuable among our team" - she purposed - "Oh no! I am not one for adventure, but keep an eye out there and you may find interesting people that could be willing to join your cause. But my glass is empty and the time is short, I must leave now. I will never forget the fight we lived together, it was one worth of song" - and after leaving some denars in the table, he left.

Alissa never saw the man again and no one ever did. It is not clear what happened to him, but his property was never sold and his body was never found. However, his words would stay in the thoughts of our lady for ever and would lead her trough the search of the highest bidder for her sword... or her beauty.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:22:53 PM by karviteri »

Coy

• Knight
  • General sexiness
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Coy
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
A good thing Coy isn't here, Brutus :P

Who says I'm not?

I'd just rather watch scarily from the shadows.

Like it so far.

Lord Brutus

• Bot Hunter Mk.IV
  • Global Moderator
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Brutus_Marcellus
  • M&BWB
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 01:47:50 AM »
This lust thing has me intrigued, excellent work.  A wonderful, lustful place, this Chile.  I must visit there sometime.
Love to eat dem adbots, adbots what I love to eat.  Bite dey little heads off.  Nibble on dey tiny feet.  "Words are wind."---Snoop

karviteri

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
A new chapter is coming up today!

This lust thing has me intrigued, excellent work.  A wonderful, lustful place, this Chile.  I must visit there sometime.
Thanks Brutus! It is nice when people enjoys the story :D

Oh yes, it is said I'm guilty for bringing the lust all they way down from Mexico :twisted:
Yep, I'm Mexican living in Chile (A wetback... but in the south. Just kidding, I'm legal)

karviteri

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 5 Posted)
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
By the Lust of Men

Chapter 5: Dear Sanjar

With Ulric's words in her head, Alissa and her men rode out of Praven searching the opportunity to gain some denars at the service of the Swadian Lords. But suddenly, the beautiful scenery was full of dust by the passing of a military march across the countryside, raising with honour the banner of their Lord. With haste, Alissa approached the group of soldiers and requested to talk with their leader.

It is a curious thing how a woman's beauty can produce such different reactions among people. For some it is a feeling of comfort, for others is a reason of great anxiety, but for Baron Mirchaud, it raised a rare - if not impolite - social barrier.

"My name is Alissa, at your service sir" - the once a thief said - "These are fallen times indeed, when even women turn brigand, to pick the leaving from the wreckage of war" - Baron Mirchaud greeted. Alissa, a woman of strong temperament, could not stand the male idealism of the time and did not hesitate in answering with her most honest thoughts - "Indeed, these are fallen times , when brigands call themselves 'Lords'" - and among the troops of both leaders, it was heard the soldiers' attempts to stifle their laughter. "Are you trying to provoke me? I could order my men to seize you and horsewhip you. Would you like them to do that?" - replied infuriated the arrogant man - "This is not worth the shedding of blood" - said wisely the brave woman, turned around and left. Alissa's decision was not very smart, but no one would ever forget the name of who once called Baron Mirchaud a brigand.

Hoping for better luck, Alissa resumed her search for a Swadian Lord that valued the brave heart of a woman.

After hours of roaming the land, our heroes stopped for some minutes to rest. During this time, a group of ravaged villagers passed by with the word that the Kingdom of Nords had declared war against the Kingdom of Swadia and raided their village. Those were bittersweet news for Alissa, since it meant death, destruction and danger, but it also meant opportunity.

At the distance, it could be seen the smoke of the burning villages. The bodies of the innocent could be found across the fields and fear made the air thicker across Calardia. The night fell, but our heroes would not set a camp in the middle of a warzone, and instead, decided to hurry to the nearest town or castle to spend the night.

"Stop right there!" - a vocie said from the deep forest - "If any of you move a muscle, we will land hundreds of arrows on you before you even reach your blade" - and as Alissa raised her hands surrendering, the figure of her femenine body was lit by the moonlight - "Looks like we are having fun tonight boys!" - the stranger said to the rest, blinded by the lust of men.  With ill intentions, the stranger walked towards Alissa, and she could recognize the elements of a Swadian banner - "I am no enemy my Lord. We roam the lands in the best interests of the Kingdom of Swadia. You may have not heard my name before, but I am willing to fight for you and raise a name for myself" - the woman said convincingly - "And, who are you?" - said the Lord - "My name is Alissa".

The Swadian leader ordered his man to  lower their weapons but to stay alert and, amazed by the beauty of the woman before him, he said - "It must really be you. Your beauty is truly unique they say. Accept my humble apologies and please do not think it forward, if I say that it is unusual to see a woman caparisoned for war. I hope that one day I may be the father of a daughter possessed of such bravery and spirit" - he said with great shame - "Your lustful thoughts turn into flattering words , my lord. Apology accepted" - Alissa said with relief - "I'm glad to hear that! I am Count Rafarch, a loyal vassal of King Harlaus. Please tell me, what are you and your men doing in these dangerous lands at this hour? This is no place for a night walk" - Count Rafarch asked - "We were trying to find a safe place to spend the night when..." - Alissa was interrupted by Count Rafarch - "Oh, please let me offer you protection for the night. We will give you and your men food and a bed to sleep. Our camp is not far from here and in the morning you can leave". Accepting the kind proposition, Alissa accompanied Count Rafarch back to his camp.

"Let me ask if I can help you somehow, my lord. I am in debt with you for your kind help"- Alissa asked once in the Count's camp and, after thinking for a moment, he said - "I could be in the need of a fast courier. There is this letter I need to deliver to Khan Sanjar of Khergit Khanate, who must be in Tulga currently. If you are going towards there, would you deliver my letter to him?" - "Certainly, sir. It would be an honour" - the woman agreed.

The next morning, after receiving a few denars from Count Rafarch, our heroes resumed their travels.

It took them a few days to cross the land all the way to Tulga, in Khergit Khanate. In such days, our heroes avoided combat if possible, but more than once they were forced to fight. They enjoyed of multiple victories and suffered from the occasional wound, but It was not until the last day of April when Alissa and her men arrived to Tulga. It was getting dark, so they decided to rest for the night and request a meeting with Khan Sanjar the next morning.

As it has happened for the last million years - the sun raised in the sky early in the morning, the sunlight provided the homes with heat, and fathers said goodbye to their families before going to work. Alissa walked all the way to the castle doors, where she requested the guard to meet with Khan Sanjar. Finally, the guard removed her weapons and let her come in.

"It is not often that I meet a woman who aspires to lead men into battle. But these are dark and troubled times, and I for one will not turn away hands that can grip a sword, should their owner be brave and loyal" - greeted Khan Sanjar to the young lady as she approached - "I'm Alissa, and have travelled from the far fields of Swadia, protecting this message from Count Rafarch with my life. Please receive the letter that was entrusted to me" - said Alissa as she lend the letter to the nobleman - "It was good of you to bring me this, Alissa. Take my seal as proof that I've received it , with my thanks" - Sanjar said.

It was a long journey, but in the end, Alissa was able to complete the task given to her by an important vassal of King Harlaus. It was an easy mission for a start, but soon enough more challenges would knock our heroes' door and have them face the dangers of Calradia.

XSevSpreeX

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: SP>MP
  • M&BWB
Re: By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 5 Posted)
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 07:56:11 PM »
Uh oh she's got an attitude. :wink:
(click to show/hide)