Author Topic: Scene creating and server hosting guides  (Read 60606 times)

Desert_Weapon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&B
Re: Scene creating and server hosting guides
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »
thx

reyman

• Squire
  • Those who go against God. They go against me.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: TheHolyAdmin, TheHolySilver
  • WB
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »
I cant find the Edit Scene on the multiplayer menu. Can i see a screenie of it or something .

SergeantFriend

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Gustavo
  • WB
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »
host game?
 choose host a game and select one

NOVICIUS

• Master Knight
  • "In Dark Ages nobody would listen to your cries"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: sir/Lord Red de Mon
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
I get massage about error while editing

(click to show/hide)

shell I worry about it?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:40:33 PM by NOVICIUS »
- Lion of Red Nation, Cross of St.Laszlo, Red Dragon of House de Mon and Upside Down Crown as symbol of vassalage to the King/Queen
NOVICUS THREAD and links

Vornne

• View Profile
  • MP nick: Vornne
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 03:28:18 PM »
If you check the F1 information window, you will find "Make sure the first few scene props placed are not scripted (start with pw): instance id 0 can't be handled by some scripts." Your scene may work perfectly, or else one scripted scene prop may not work, since an id of 0 represents "no value" in various scripts, for various complicated reasons. To fix it, generally: if you haven't placed many "pw_" scene props yet, just delete all of them, place a few static (native) ones, then replace the pw_ ones you removed; but since I have the list of ids with the module system, I can tell you that scene prop kind 1505 is pw_buy_courser (in PW_4_alpha5), so you could try just replacing all of that kind.

NOVICIUS

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »
Maybe silly question but...

Is interiors effect FPS? I wander because I have seen maps with a lot of interiors and somehow good FPS even it looks as much if not more full of trees and other staff like in old mod maps.

Is V4 is somehow better with FPS in general?
- Lion of Red Nation, Cross of St.Laszlo, Red Dragon of House de Mon and Upside Down Crown as symbol of vassalage to the King/Queen
NOVICUS THREAD and links

Vornne

• View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
Is interiors effect FPS? I wander because I have seen maps with a lot of interiors and somehow good FPS even it looks as much if not more full of trees and other staff like in old mod maps.
Yes they do; I don't think warband does any "visibility culling" of meshes like engines designed for large continuous worlds, so every extra polygon face and texture probably slows the game down a bit more, depending on your computer system. A few more interiors might not be anything compared to hundreds of trees, though; I suggest just taking it slowly, adding the most important and likely to be used props, then add the "eye candy" later if it still runs fast enough. Always try to use the least polygons if the end result is about the same, so don't place a massive and detailed house scene prop if you only want to use one wall of it, with the rest never visible.
Is V4 is somehow better with FPS in general?
I don't think so; the graphics rendering system is the same as with native as well as most of the meshes used, but if some client side scripts are more optimised there might be a small difference for older computers.

NOVICIUS

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 07:29:51 PM »
Thank you for your patience :wink:

I check my map in dedicated server and it seams I will have a lot of problems with teleporting doors. I put var2 at 11 in both doors but one of them move character just a little on the side. Is telleport doors have to be very close to each other? I used invisible doors btw. Any other advice apart of what is in edit mode already?

Is it matter in which way door are pointed? Which side of the scene they face?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:46:14 PM by NOVICIUS »
NOVICUS THREAD and links

Vornne

• View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »
I check my map in dedicated server and it seams I will have a lot of problems with teleporting doors. I put var2 at 11 in both doors but one of them move character just a little on the side. Is telleport doors have to be very close to each other? I used invisible doors btw. Any other advice apart of what is in edit mode already?

Is it matter in which way door are pointed? Which side of the scene they face?
Teleport doors can be on the opposite sides of the scene, as long as there isn't another closer door in between with the same var2 (which will be used instead); the direction facing is very important, as the character will be moved a small distance away from from the green side of the invisible door - but the character's rotation will not change (hard coded into the engine), so you should try to have the doors face as near to opposite directions as possible, with the green sides "out".

DoctorPainkiller

• Master Knight
    • Skype - mrr.phil@gmail.com
    • Steam - DoctorPainkiller
    • YouTube - DocPainkillerGaming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: TMW DoctorPainkiller
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 10:12:59 PM »
Every time i edit a scene after i close the game and open it, all the changes are gone.

Russia will do what is best for Russian.Im really not sure what that would be, but they would do what is best for them..
Then tsar napileon came and liberated the Europe from Russian overlorda.

Vornne

• View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »
Every time i edit a scene after i close the game and open it, all the changes are gone.
What do you mean by "close the game"? If you forcibly quit it from windows, then obviously you didn't give Warband a chance to save anything - to save you must exit edit mode, at least (click the button on the panel or press ctrl-e again).

DoctorPainkiller

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 01:03:12 AM »
yes i do that, but when i got my new computer steam installed everything to the desktop.

Russia will do what is best for Russian.Im really not sure what that would be, but they would do what is best for them..

Vornne

• View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »
yes i do that, but when i got my new computer steam installed everything to the desktop.
Also make sure the user account that you play warband with has permission to write to the PW_4/SceneObj/ directory.

DoctorPainkiller

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 01:33:12 AM »
hmmm

it works if i dont close the game
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:35:48 AM by Mrr.Phil »

DesereckC

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
I host a game fine but it won't show up in the multiplayer list.

Any suggestions?