Download: M&B Repository (.exe)
Mirror: GameFront (.exe) md5: 9bc39acd9293fc2012dd713d7ce83d98
It has been a year since the American Civil War ended. The fighting may have stopped back east, but it has begun anew along the US/Mexican border. To the north, Apaches and Comanches fight to maintain their way of life. To the south, Mexico keeps a cautious eye on the ever expanding might of the United States. And everywhere, bandits, outlaws, and corrupt lawmen continue to pillage villages and rob banks.
1866 aims to bring the atmosphere of the most famous western movies to Mount and Blade. Climb into your saddle and experience one of the wildest places in the west. You'll ride into El Paso a stranger, but will you ride into the sunset as a legend of the west?Feature list:
Note: v0.9.1 is not compatible with v0.9.0 save games. Please export your character(s) from 0.9.0 if you wish to continue playing them.Version 0.9.1 bug fixes:
- New Firearms: More than 65 realistic, period-accurate firearms, including the famous Colt M1851 Navy and the Winchester 1866.
- New Clothing: Many new western outfits and hats have been added to bring you back to the old west, including some historical military uniforms for the United States and Mexico.
- New Melee Weapons: Dozens of melee weapons have been added.
- New Factions (major): Four civilizations (The United States, Mexico, Apaches and Comanches) and three gang types(Outlaws, Bandits and Lawmen) to join.
- New Factions (minor): Renegade Confederates, Indian Raiders, Mexican Imperialists, and Scalphunters now roam the map. The player can be friendly or hostile with these factions, and even recruit troops from them.
- New Scenes: Every town and village has been redone (once again!) to make the player feel like they're in the old West.
- New Troop Trees: Varied troop trees designed to highlight each faction's strengths and weaknesses.
- New Sounds: including distinct sounds for different weapons, ricochets, and explosions.
- New UI: featuring art from famous western artists, the user interface is designed to bring the M&B feel into the era of the old west.
- New Effects: Custom weapon particle effects and animations.
- New Quests: including working wanted posters with bounty rewards and duels, town shootouts, stagecoach robberies, bank robberies, and ambushes for honorable/dishonorable characters!
- New Map: Based on the border region of Texas, Mexico, and New Mexico. Includes new icons for towns, villages, armies, animals.
- New Character Customization: including new races (American, Mexican, Native American) for both sexes: improved faces, facial hair, and even customizable warpaint!
- New Characters: Historical characters lead the armies of each civilization, and fictional companions can join your army.
- New Banking Features: For those of you who would rather put money in a bank than rob it.
- New Hunting Features: Hunt the native wildlife to sustain your armies and for their valuable hides.
- New Quick Battles: including Gettysburg, a Camp Defense during a Comanche Raid, and more to get you right into the action.
- New Battle Scenes: Customized to recreate the wilderness of the American southwest.
- New Music: brings the western atmosphere to life. All music included is copyrighted and is by 1866 with permission.
- New Bleeding Feature: Non-player Troops who have sustained heavy damage become less effective and will die or lose consciousness after some time.
- New Skills: Stockpiling allows players to use larger bags of ammunition.
- Shotguns\Dynamite: Shotguns can now hit multiple targets, but at long range the damage is greatly decreased. Dynamite excels at taking out large groups.
- New Enemies: A greater variety of enemies can now be found on the world map.
- New Horses: A wide variety of horses historically found in the west are now available.
- New Animations: Animations have been improved to make the gunplay more realistic.
- New Voice Acting: Voice acting for all troop races and sexes. Command sounds have been added for male troops.
- Improved Flora: Better plants from the American Southwest.
- Death Cam: So you can watch your troops continue the fight when that stray bullet takes you out unexpectedly.
- Faction Relation Cooldown: The relation impact of your actions fades with time.
Version 0.9.1 adjustments:
- Rangers riding horses that look like speeder bikes will no longer occur.
- The shader used on stucco materials was changed so that the stucco props will no longer glow.
- Asking a villager about the latest rumor in a hostile town ("I don't know anything that would be of interest to you.") no longer causes the player get stuck in dialog.
- After successfully fighting off an ambush, the player's troops will no longer be lost.
- Small spanish fix in Peyote Pete dialog- " Me llamo es ..." -> " Mi nombre es ...".
- Entry Points Fixed at Vista Del Sol when Laying Siege to Hotel Vista Del Sol
- Hardcoded guns removed from player inventory at start of game
- Imperial Cazadore misspelling fixed
- Graile the Comanchero now pays more money for higher level prisoners
- The wanted sign should no longer participate in town battles
- Display errors with $X.XX money format resolved
- Added missing player chest to Hotel del Rio
- Player should no longer be able to become an enemy of the neutral faction
- The Sabino Paint horse now uses the correct textures when viewed from far away
- Guaranteed that the following troops spawn with ranged weapons: Vigilante, Camp Defender, Camp Rider, Sharpshooter Sister, Caravan Master
- The U.S. Major General Uniform now uses the correct texture (and does not reuse the U.S. Major Uniform texture)
- Shovels can now be used to attack and block (rather than just be held)
- Certificates of deposit no longer disappear from player owned chests in towns and forts.
Full 1866 Change Log
- Minor factions can be recruited from starting at relation level 10 (was 25)
- Adjustment to minor faction troop recruitment algorithm
- Level 5 troop recruitable at faction relation level 6 (was 12)
- Level 10 troop recruitable at faction relation level 13 (was 25)
- Level 15 troop recruitable at faction relation level 20 (was 37)
- Level 20 troop recruitable at faction relation level 26 (was 50)
- Level 25 troop recruitable at faction relation level 33 (was 62)
- Level 30 troop recruitable at faction relation level 40 (was 75)
- Helping a faction's party in battle will earn the player +3 faction relation that faction (instead of +1)
- Faction cool down occurs every two weeks (instead of every week)
Previous versions and their features can be found here:1866 - v0.9.01866 - v0.81866 - v0.7
(If you are not on the list and think we have forgotten you, we apologize. Send me a PM in this case.)
- yellowmosquito: Scripting, modeling, voice acting, music, sounds, particle effects, story writing, troops/characters, item balancing, user interface, banners, and overall polishing wherever needed.
- Highlander: Main scripting and contributions in all other categories
- Penis Colada: Mostly weapon modeling and balancing, some writing/spell checking, music, and other contributions.
- abominog: Scene Building
- Insomniac: Scene building
- dstemmer: Scripting, Town shootouts, particle effects (explosion and bullet dust)
- Red River: Scripting, Scene building
- Njiekovic: Modeling (mostly scene props), story writing
- Stavaas: Modeling (mostly scene props)
- Dain Ironfoot: New animations and miscellaneous other contributions
- Barf: Hats with Hair!, Models, Effects, Music
- Kartoffel: Modeling, Re-texturing, Normal Maps, and overall beautification
- GetAssista: World map
- Buxton: Some modeling
- -IYI-O-R-T-: Indian face textures, donkey model
- Ursca: Modeling (especially waistcoats)
- Nethoras: Double Barreled Shotgun
- Ettubrutesbro: Remington Rolling Block, Mortimer Revolver, Colt Revolving Rifle (model only)
- Domovoi/Harry: Modeling (Allen T Pepperbox, Beaumont-Adams)
- Rize: Scene building
- Walzou: Modeling (large map icons)
- Saregona: Textures from Better Horses Mod
- rejenorst: Voice acting
- Sara, Whitney, and Kaylee: Voice acting (Thanks girls!)
- Peralta: Lamp scene prop, Uniform Textures (WIP)
- Sockeye: Hats
- captain lust: Russian Hat
- lumikant (and pals): Voice acting
- wickedshot: Faction color chooser
- Yiyang Chen: Faces
- Early Testers: Akselst, dstemmer, Gunfreakt ,Haya, izaktj, Karbine, night raider, Pellidon, Richard Shru, scalded, The Man With No Name, vonBlood
- Music contributors: RATMdude92, Kevin MacLeod, Andrea Matthews and Brian Rockholt (Native American flute music - www.busroads.com), Wakarusa, El Duke, Doren, buzbybadman, Hyper-Shadow-Death, J Graham (ChemicalReaper), CL Underwood (WoodyForrest), Deniz Akbulut (Intero), SageRiku, DJB00n, Roverbreath, proud
Downloads: 27,609 [20,192 (mbrepository), 4,421 (mountfanblade), 2,996 (megaupload)]Version 0.8
Downloads: 122,879 [87,230 (mbrepository), 29,749 (mountfanblade), ?,??? (megaupload), 5,900 (filefront)]Version 0.9
Downloads: 4,693 [ 4,545 (mbrepository), ??? (mountfanblade), 148 (filefront)]Total Downloads:
155,181 Want to help support 1866?Make a donation
Add a banner to your signature:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,150.0.html][img width=600 height=186]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/atolest/mb11-6.jpg[/img]