MP Modern Toy Soldiers (World War 1 Mod)

Change the name?

• No (I like toy soldiers :D)

Votes: 152 50.0%
  • Yes (Guns of August)

Votes: 152 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ladders, stairs, things of that nature. And I'm not really experienced in any of this, but is it really that hard to script and code a vertical ladder? I think the hardest part of that process would be the animations used to show going up the ladder :neutral:. Really, there weren't many ways to get out of a trench, which is why so many people died. Of course, there were platforms that rifleman would stand on to aim through a parapet (if such a thing as a pile of sandbags could be called), so maybe the platforms could be implemented in some way to jump out of the trench? and before you tell me how ridiculous it look, is there no way to fix the jumping animations?

Knave24 said:
Ladders, stairs, things of that nature. And I'm not really experienced in any of this, but is it really that hard to script and code a vertical ladder? I think the hardest part of that process would be the animations used to show going up the ladder :neutral:. Really, there weren't many ways to get out of a trench, which is why so many people died. Of course, there were platforms that rifleman would stand on to aim through a parapet (if such a thing as a pile of sandbags could be called), so maybe the platforms could be implemented in some way to jump out of the trench? and before you tell me how ridiculous it look, is there no way to fix the jumping animations?

Maybe something that replaces jumping when you are near the edge of any part of a trench. This movement, lets call it climbing, will require a new animation and will require the jump/climb to be higher then the original jump. Climbing will be slow, and the animation will just be somebody heaving himself over the edge. Maybe something for future patches?

Possibly, but I think it would be better for it to come out on immediate release. Just a feeling, but I'm not sure. Seems like something a bit crucial to the whole trench-style warfare, getting in and out of trenches. I'm not saying it has to be done, but it's either that or making the trenches seven feet wide, when they were realistically 3-5.

Knave24 said:
Possibly, but I think it would be better for it to come out on immediate release. Just a feeling, but I'm not sure. Seems like something a bit crucial to the whole trench-style warfare, getting in and out of trenches. I'm not saying it has to be done, but it's either that or making the trenches seven feet wide, when they were realistically 3-5.

6ft usually. But ya, it is pretty crucial, it is so annoying in the other mods with trenches how you have to walk around looking for a place to get out. I can also imagine a bayonet charge being ordered and then everybody trying to charge the same way because there is only one way out, then a machine gunner just sits there and kills them all as they try to squeeze past.

If we do make the name Guns of August...

gunsofaugust.jpg

I used knave's suggestions, I think it looks pretty nice, suggestions?

Hiya fellas!

Went to a museum today where they had some ww1 stuff on display, got a GREAT shot of a german officer pickelhaube with full parade ornaments on. Ill post pics if I can :grin:

About the sig, why not take the infantry guys out, and just have a black outline of the gun against the background you already have?

HEY

Stop it!

And I'm glad my suggestions are being taken into consideration.... that banner looks very good, once it's sized, it'll look better....
You had best post those pictures, Spearing!

Matthieu said:
marchal davout said:
nah just have bikes. Just a flat map with hundreds of bikes with people equiped with lances and swords. Now that is a ggod mod :grin:

That will be the totally suckin mod.

Just wondering, are you familiar with "sarcasm"?

Marchal, seriously? "so's your face" is that suppose to be a comeback or something?

I like that idea Duke, but it is so hard to get artwork of German soldiers off the internet, unless if you want a black and white sig. Or if you can find me some nice artwork that'll be nice.

Here is what I have now, I'm pretty happy with it
toysoldierssig.jpg

So if you want to use it,
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,160708.0.html][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/691/toysoldierssig.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Back
Top Bottom