Author Topic: Can you marry Lady Isolla of Suno?  (Read 20650 times)

SkyChef

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WB
Re: Can you marry Lady Isolla of Suno?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »
The way you describe it I think it's possible that you should take all the lands first except a few castles left, then propose to help Arwa to the throne. If she objects that she doesn't have enough lands, you can return the lands to her. You might pull it off with that.

And no, my character doesn't like Arwa because he doesn't want to be a 3rd time charmer for her (2 Kings've rowed rowed her boat, already man) and died while rowing her boat. Bad, bad omen.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:37:50 AM by SkyChef »
I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took Skyrim patch 1.2 in my game.

Wraith.

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »
The problem here is - if "you take some lands first", you become a king... and these claimant chicks are too picky - they refuse to recruit a king, they accept only landless guys.
apparently, you have to grab as much land as possible during reconquest - after you have given an oath but before reconquering all provinces of particular kingdom. I will try this - and tell how things turned out.

iuniusbrutus

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 04:55:32 AM »
I have experimented and found the most straightforward way to marry Arwa is to accumulate right to rule before starting the rebellion, by sending out companions or being a mercenary/vassal of a faction that gains a truce while winning. I found 21 (but not 18) was enough R2R.

I cheated in this rebellion to win all the battles, and when I took fiefs I allocated roughly half to Arwa and half to me (Arwa always took my advice about how to allocate, even when I experimented with taking all for myself). I didn't recruit any lords at all, just wiped them out so I don't know whether you would have similar results if you were allocating most to lords but half of the remainder to Arwa and of the remainder to yourself, but I suspect it would still work. When the rebellion was won, all the lords defaulted back to the faction and I was Marshall. Then, before I had a chance to accumulate any controversy, I proposed and she accepted. As co-ruler I handed out most of my feifs. Notable that Arwa still had too many, but you could a) take them all for yourself originally then hand them all out as co-ruler, hoping you don't run out of  or b) allocate them rationally to defected lords as you go, but make sure Arwa and you are roughly equal.

DogSoldieR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
I have experimented and found the most straightforward way to marry Arwa is to accumulate right to rule before starting the rebellion, by sending out companions or being a mercenary/vassal of a faction that gains a truce while winning. I found 21 (but not 18) was enough R2R.

Thank you for that piece of info : 21 RTR.
Now I'm better prepared to do a claimant marriage run thru

Araturnas

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
Can you give province to your lords? I married with "Lady of Suno" and I can do everything like a king except give province.

Aøkaar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
Lol. Im getting Diplomacy so I can marry Arwa.
Arwa appeared to be a rather greedy and paranoid creature... I conquered for her all Sarranid lands, by the course of action also entire territory of Khergits. She took all lands in possesion for herself, incriminated all vassals (so far - except me) and declined the proposal of marriage. Reason: I have "not sufficient holdings and marriage would be uneven"... Jeez! Sure - I have only one town - but it is because she took all conquered towns - except one - and castles for herself!
I have only controversy 12 and quite decent right to rule, renown (higher than hers) and honour.
I have read, here and there, in Diplomacy might be possible to marry a claimant. So - can anybody (who actually has done it by himself) reveal how things should be done to proceed with marrying a claimant to succeed?
This more about challenge than other reasons - because Arwa is definitely not the miss Sarranids and Lady Isolla has obvious thyroidal problems.

You know that if it is the talents of Arwa you can as well just marry Isolla of Suno, I think she is better. and if it is the look of Arwa I think at least on Diplomacy mod you can as long as you got her in your party change the look of the same way you can change your own look by going in on the skills and clicking on the picture of the character and edit what you want.

Fultic

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
What are the benefits of marrying a claimant anyway?

Moghul_Emperor_Woden

• Recruit
  • I am the murdalator
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/jawa1800/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: Moghul_Emperor_Woden
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »

I can't imagine there being any benefits, I guess so you can be like a king, but lazier since you have too do less.

Also I have a question too, can you marry a male claimant as a woman?
Check out the Empire of the Moghul today! http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,281360.0.html

"If all evidence of religion were lost, someone would invent a new one. If all evidence of science were lost, someone would eventually find it all over again."

Rhodok Sergeant

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 02:05:10 PM »
No real gameplay benefits I imagine, but since Caldaria is basically medieval Europe, marrying a female claimant essentially means that you are installing your own dynasty to the throne rather than Isolla's. I don't know if Caldaria has jure uxoris but I imagine that it would.
Support the Revolution, hang the nobles. Caldaria for the Caldarians!

Comrade Bunduk for President!