B Native [WB] The Extended Factions Mod: COMPETITION: Guess the Troop Type!

Which of the new factions are you going to try first?

• Nihon Shogunate

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Halrond Confederation

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Crown of Lyonesse

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • Vorrok Clans

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Basileia Euriae

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Quetzl Tribes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Szabzla Union

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Himanchian Dynasty

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Garwall States

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well Eternal Winter, I'm flattered that you think this has enough potential to do so, but I'm afraid that I don't really understand your meaning. What exactly would you do with it if you were to do so? On the other hand, if you were being serious perhaps you might wish to PM me as I've had an idea for a "spin-off mod if you will.

Cheers,

It's just that i dont know anything about coding so i dont know how to add more faction. And after seeing and playing your mod, i think it will really help me a lot :mrgreen:

Btw, i'll PM you when i am finished planning my ideas :grin:

Cheers,

Well I don't know how much it will help you but I won't disabuse you of the notion and I'm looking forward to this pm. :wink:

To everyone else, I have been thinking about how this is progressing and have decided on something with regards to one of the factions.

At the moment, the Szabzla Union has a roughly 50/50 split between the Szabzlas themselves, based on Medieval Poland and the Barldark, who are based upon Medieval Lithuania.  After fiddling with all sorts of stuff I realised that there is easily enough information and base material to split the Baldark and Szabzlas into two factions.

Basically, I am saying two factions based on Eastern Europe, one more-or-less Baltic and another more-or-less Balkan.  What are people's thoughts on the matter?

Cheers,

Ok guys, happy New Years in half an hour. My present shall be uploaded over the next 24 hours.

Thanks Dia and Rigadoon, I'll get back to you both soon although I don't think there is anything Rigadoon.

Cheers guys,

EDIT* Happy New Year's everyone! Uploading has begun on Part 1 of 4 Parts of Extended Factions.

Cheers,

Phoenixguard, I can't express how happy I am that the beta version is going to be uploaded and that working on the mod continues. :grin: All the best and if you need anything just let me know. :smile:

On the other hand, Happy New Year to all fellows on TW forums, and all the best wishes in the new year 2012, may it be a lot better for all than year 2011! :smile:)))

phoenixguard09 said:
A Huitzauhqui.  It's like a bladed club that I can't find a picture of.  :oops:

Something like this?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmIbr2Rv8LZV9iNPYu-0JKLPWsKyJoVN3YzggMhpeetNN847OO

Mackie's osp weapons down in the Forge has a couple of Huitzauhqui models, you should check them out if you still need them.

Thank you guys but unfortuantely, from what I can tell, Mackie's stuff, while excellent does not actually include a huitzauhqui. It's much closer to the macahuitl.

To Tobijah, thank you, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. It's much closer to a wooden hammer with blades inlaid into the head. I'm not really making a hell of a lot of sense but... :sad:

Cheers,

By the way, the uploading is continuing apace. I have two pieces up so far and hopefully will have the others up soon. My internet's sort of a pain.  :evil:

I'll stop bothering you in a sec, but is this anything like it?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRENSVc_JQMRYeFahBANiGYegtw1mBXXNMknKZ_IedLGuGAJ63j

Lol don't worry mate, it's not a bother at all. Unfortunately, no that's not exactly what I'm after either. The first and perhaps only time I saw it was in Apocalypto.

Cheers,

From wikipedia,
Huitzauhqui: A wooden club, somewhat resembling a baseball bat. This weapon was used as a melee weapon just as it was made, but other designs were studded with flint or obsidian cutting elements on its sides.

So basically a baseball bat with obsidian jutting out of it?

Nah not really. :grin: 

I'll watch Apocalypto tomorrow night and take a photo of it when I see it.

It's ok though, I don't actually think we need it anymore. I'll have to comb through that list on the OP again soon.

Cheers,

Ok just a quick bump.

My good friend JankoMega has made a promotional video using the first release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvHjdMPMq0&feature=youtu.be

The new release is far more polished and has ten (TEN! :grin: ) more factions compared to those early days.

The upload has halted. I have decided (really my internet decided for me :sad: ) that I will wait until I have finished implementing the newest of Dia's awesome banners and then release it in 6 parts as opposed to the 4 I was originally going to use.

Cheers guys,

Well, triple posting ahoy!

balionarcher.jpg

Have a guess guys, what do you think this is?

Back
Top Bottom