Anyone Remember old Netstorm RTS?

Users who are viewing this thread

barnEbiss

Recruit
I was just wondering if there are any other Mount and Blade players that used to play a RTS called netstorm.  Me and a few of my friends from the main Netstorm fan site have been working on a fan remake of it in 3D, just thought I would share a few screenshots of what we have gotten done on our fan project.

RisingStormprogress8.jpg

RisingStormProgressClassics.jpg

RisingStormprogressSunCannonsattacking.jpg

RisingStormprogressSunworkshop.jpg

Netstorm. :shock:
I remember seeing something about a fan remake years ago, but it didn't look anywhere near as far along as the pictures you posted. I didn't realize there was still an active community around the game. Please get this done!

I spent last year modeling all the basic meshes, then in the spring we got a texture artist to help texture some of the meshes and a coder that has been working all spring, summer and fall on coding and implementing stuff. If you guys want you can check the projects main page out here is the link: http://risingstormhq.com/news.php

And yes there is still a very active netstorm community and server running for people to join and play on, their main website is currently going through updates but you can see the main Netstorm Community page here at this link http://www.netstormhq.com/news.php

Here is picture of new sun players stone tower blocker unit.
sunblockerswithnm4.jpg

Here are some Youtube video's showing elements of gameplay and how things are coming along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUQqir6XAWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm5czvLRRII

Also sorry about posting in wrong forum I did not notice their was another games forum that is part of off topic until after I posted.

I was wondering if perhaps there might be some modders here that might be willing to lend a hand, we have our finished priest mesh but we need to get him rigged and animated, I was wondering if their might be anyone that might be willing to lend a hand?

Small update from our project, It has been a busy month for everyone on the RS development team and today we have a update,  A month ago we showed the first glimpse of the new in-game island map editor for creating island maps for Rising Storm and we talked about how we were working on implementing new island edging detailing to make the islands look less square and more organic, and  I am pleased to say we have had success with implementing edging detailing meshes for the terrain and they now use the detailing meshes that Feng our texture artist has just finished.

Before Picture: This is how islands looked like before when painting the island shapes in the editor.

RisingStormIngameMapeditor2.jpg

And here is how islands are looking in the editor from an earlier build that was using the test island edging temp meshes that Feng put together. As one can see islands are starting to have a more organic feel to them.

RisingStormtestislandediting.jpg

And here are the brand new textured island detailing meshes showing the separate segments

Risingstormedgingparts.jpg

And this picture shows how the newly finished and textured detailing meshes that “Feng” just finished look like when they are put together to make smooth fully organic looking island edges.

RisingStormIslandedgemeshes.jpg

Now we just have to get the edge farms done up to go on the edging.

Edge farms! :mrgreen:
Nice progress. This looks so much more further along than community game projects usually ever get.

Everyone on the project has been putting in  a lot of effort to try and make everything as polished as we can, we are looking forwards to getting the island generation system finished soon and basic MP working by middle of Jan or February.

Also the Thunder Workshops are just about finished and texture artist is busy working on finishing those up.

You guys are gonna run with the original soundfiles, right? At least I demand that the golem will have it's original "Yeees master!" :grin:

We have a expert sound and music guy working on the project that is going to help us remake the sound pack so we will not be using the original sound files but they will sound the same since we will be using the same wording.

Besides multi-player Rising Storm is going to have a quick match instant action single player option against AI so players will be able to play on randomly generated island maps this was something that was lacking in the first netstorm since it only had the single player campaigns that once played did not have a lot of replay value.

Along with the single player AI we are also adding in campaign option,  the new map editor will allow for easy creating of single player missions and integrating many missions into a campaign, we want to make it more easier then the older netstorm to make mission so that players will always be able to find new missions to play.

RisingStorm Multiplayer!

We are pleased to announced that RS can be played via the web! We are still having
some issues with certain players being unable to connect, and our Master coder
Duhprey has been working really hard to fix many of the current bugs we have.
Duhprey has also fixed a lot of bridge bugs and other errors we have been having,
and though there are still a lot more bugs to fix, he is making fine progress.
Cheers and Yeahs to Duhprey!

Below are you some images taken from some of the Multiplayer Games that have been
played. Also, check out the battle reports that have been written on the RS website

game3z.jpg

game4i.jpg

gamefun.jpg

Other News, the Menus are all done. They wont be uploaded anytime soon however as
our coder is very busy and still working on more important things. The priest is
still being animated, and we believe Feng has finished the Ice cannon unit. Feng has
contributed a lot recently in making the awesome Island edges and new grass terrain.
Hopefully we will have more to show you guys soon.

Incase anyone is wondering about the low frame rates on the FPS ticker its because the tester taking the screenshots has a very old out of date laptop. the other testers are getting much better frames.

We just about have the Thunder workshop textured and the texture artist is making a few adjustments to detailing on the workshop texture and then we will be posting the renders of the finished textured workshop.

Its been a while since I posted and an update from our fan remake showing of newly textured meshes to show off, but today we don't  just have one mesh but all four stages of the thunder players workshop models finished and textured and ready for implementing in-game. we were very pleased with how the newly finished workshops turned out so we did up a quick render of the workshops in blender to show everyone. expect to see the newly finished workshops in-game very soon.

http://www.uskaarj.com/RisingStorms/RisingStormThunderworkshopspromo.png

Feng is currently finishing putting the textures on the players outpost building meshes and we should have those to show soon, so keep posted and let me know what you think of the new workshops.

We are getting closer and closer to playable public build but as on all projects there are always error's and bugs in the code that have to be squashed to make sure its stable.

Back
Top Bottom