Author Topic: Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim  (Read 1930807 times)

Lorn

• Sergeant Knight
  • Unofficial Therapist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Lorn
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim
« Reply #4230 on: August 18, 2011, 03:42:54 AM »
Nah, vampires aren't able to go out in the sunlight

You could if you had just fed, I think.

I remember in the mod I mentioned there was that feature. You could also make/get vials of blood that would protect you for an hour, but would not increase your feeding number making you less powerful(although it did get crazy after the second buff, something like 1000 times or something).

I didn't really mess around as a vanilla vampire so I have no idea how that worked.
Still supporting a dead mod!!!

Wellenbrecher

• Panzer Commander Welly
  • Archduke
  • glorious Hurenneger, professional doucheweasel
    • Steam - WellePoliorketes
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #4231 on: August 18, 2011, 03:52:58 AM »
That's fine. I noticed in both Oblivion and even Morrowind that player made mods are very very very rarely perfect, and too many mods slow down the game drastically. -So I'll gladly stick to official plug-ins.

Edit: (Anyways there's no way my computer would ever work with Skyrim, it barely even works with Oblivion without various graphical issues)
Ignoring the fact that the games as they were distributed were so ridiculously far away from being perfect that...
Ah, **** it.

"Children are dying."
Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words. Quote me, Duiker, and your work's done."
- Deadhouse Gates

Papa Lazarou

• You're my wife now, Dave!
  • Baron
  • Time turns, the fire burns.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #4232 on: August 18, 2011, 03:58:23 AM »

Yeah, in Oblivion I'm pretty sure you could go into the sun without much hassle if you'd fed recently.

My first character got vamp'd because I didn't understand the disease system. I was a bit disappointed later actually - after going on an epic quest for a cure, I was actually afraid of vampires till I found out that diseases could be cured so easily and would only matter if you slept on them.
Combat Animation Enhancement Mod
Animation Tutorial

A tutorial on making and implementing new animations for Mount & Blade and Warband using free software. No skill in modding or animating is required to make and implement new animations with this tutorial.

Orion

• Baron
  • Marnid, Captain America 2010, 2012
    • Steam - mistermac
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Marnid
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #4233 on: August 18, 2011, 04:32:48 AM »
Don't forget the vile lair DLC that let you instantly cure yourself of vampirism. :roll:

Quote from: Magorian Aximand
I can happy lettuce pimp, but island dick be **** on game your face.

Grunar

• Grandmaster Knight
  • TELEFONMAST!
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/jakuun/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: DukeDick
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #4234 on: August 18, 2011, 05:13:38 AM »
What is meh doggy doing in Skyrim?

(click to show/hide)

Reminds me of a movie i once saw  :shock:
"Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin."

Simo

• Master Knight
  • My pretty dress.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWB
« Reply #4235 on: August 18, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Wait a second, is that a woman or a man? Those look like breasts but are they just moobs on a skinny male? Because the face is something in between.
This is Taleworlds, and it is indeed like a room full of soaped up homosexuals.

Lorn

• Sergeant Knight
  • Unofficial Therapist
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #4236 on: August 18, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Wait a second, is that a woman or a man? Those look like breasts but are they just moobs on a skinny male? Because the face is something in between.

Female, they always look skinnier in armor. The males always look like Conan the Barbarian.

Yeah, in Oblivion I'm pretty sure you could go into the sun without much hassle if you'd fed recently.

My first character got vamp'd because I didn't understand the disease system. I was a bit disappointed later actually - after going on an epic quest for a cure, I was actually afraid of vampires till I found out that diseases could be cured so easily and would only matter if you slept on them.

I had a number of friends become vampires because they didn't notice they had the disease while they were fighting them.

The sad thing was that it seemed to me I only got good loot off of the vampires, and not off the bandits. At least in vanilla Oblivion.

If I remember correctly Morrowind had vampire factions that you could join, which allowed it to be more of a role play aspect. In Oblivion however they removed them entirely, which I suppose makes sense for the lore., but really kills the point of being a vampire. When I was still playing there was a mod that added a vampire clan, with computerized voices, and quests, but it still offered little to being a vampire unless combined with said mod I've mentioned earlier.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:49:58 AM by Lorn »

Moss

• The Hungarian Salami
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #4237 on: August 18, 2011, 09:20:37 AM »
Aundae, Berne and Quarra, which you can join depends on which bloodline you're infected by. The Vampire clans in Morrowind weren't particularly well fleshed out, and being a vampire wasn't really a long term game choice without something like the Vampire Embrace mod, but it certainly trumped over the 0% content for Vampire characters in Oblivion. That and the Oblivion vamparism system was somehow less enjoyable to play as, despite the nifty advantage of being able to hide your vamparism from NPCs.
There are genetic predispositions for everything. Some people are genetically predisposed to be horses, for example.

AWdeV

• Duke
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: OLL_AleWillem
  • M&BWB
« Reply #4238 on: August 18, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »
I like the dog. The abomination next to it, not so much. Probably made by one of those zany fellow who try to make characters as hideous as possibly possible.

Austupaio

• Flagging in his old age
  • Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBNWM&B
« Reply #4239 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:41 AM »
Really doesn't seem that strange excepting the forehead / brow. Dunmer aren't supposed to be perfect Imperial darlings who've been left in the oven, any how.
Quote from: kurczak
Oh, sure Turkey is secular, but what if the islamists somehow got in power?? Oh sure, Sweden is a welfate state, but what if a Thatcherite party somehow got in power? Oh sure Russia is fucked up, but what if it somehow wasn't? Oh sure I make ridiculous arguments, but what if I somehow didn't?

Lorn

• Sergeant Knight
  • Unofficial Therapist
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #4240 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »
Really doesn't seem that strange excepting the forehead / brow. Dunmer aren't supposed to be perfect Imperial darlings who've been left in the oven, any how.

It reminds me of that one male Dunmer head back in Morrowind with the scar across the eye.

While not important, it does get rid of the "baby faced" people in Oblivion that were so blegh. Though there were some face texture mods that changed how they looked.

FrisianDude

• Coitus non Awesome
  • Archduke
  • Zis is Tshörman tärritorie!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Liudulf Ward/Léodwulf
  • M&BWB
« Reply #4241 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »
Thanks for the info.
(click to show/hide)
WHOOS A CUTE LIL DOGGIE? :D :D
Nords ruled by King Ragnar, Khergits ruled by Sanjar Khan, Rhodoks ruled by King Graveth, Swadians ruled by King Harlaus, Vaegirs ruled by King Yaroglek. All those peoples live, fight, and die in the continent of Calradia. The Nords and Rhodoks field solely infantry and archers, the Swadians and Vaegirs have infantry, archers and cavalry and the Khergit field almost exclusively cavalry. No such things as "infarty" or "calvary" exist. Play Vikingr!

Headmaster

• Hi! My name is Skippy.
  • Count
  • Reverse racist
    • Skype - hefesto42
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWB
« Reply #4242 on: August 18, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
If she's gonna pet him with that fire spell in hand, I'm sure it'll be soon a cute toasted doggie.
░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
█░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
█░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
█░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

Moss

• The Hungarian Salami
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #4243 on: August 18, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
I like the dog. The abomination next to it, not so much. Probably made by one of those zany fellow who try to make characters as hideous as possibly possible.
Yep, this particular sin against mankind is the work of a writer at Machinima.com.

I am liking the slightly more sane axe heads though. They actually look more like weapons than rubber toys this time.
There are genetic predispositions for everything. Some people are genetically predisposed to be horses, for example.

Lorn

• Sergeant Knight
  • Unofficial Therapist
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #4244 on: August 18, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
Yep, this particular sin against mankind is the work of a writer at Machinima.com.

I am liking the slightly more sane axe heads though. They actually look more like weapons than rubber toys this time.

Even this one?

(click to show/hide)