<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

PLEASE ANSWER: What did you like more in 1755 Old Frontier? (thx to all of you!!!)

• The flora and panoramas, forests, rivers

Votes: 232 11.5%
  • The sounds of people and battles

Votes: 234 11.6%
  • The music

Votes: 148 7.3%
  • The indians

Votes: 342 16.9%
  • The european troops

Votes: 801 39.7%
  • I cannot decide. I love all that mix!

Votes: 699 34.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
schmidty797 said:
Apologies, I'm playing 1776 Frontier
oww Ok.. :wink:
the 1755 old frontier forum is in this link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157351.0.html

about rgl error..please reduce your battle size 120 and reduce the texture about 50%,
it's about Ram usage and virtual memory issue in your PC
please read this link for resolve it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Just a quick note for the team members, Caba,drin has just released an updated formation mod, check it out guys and let's ask him nicely if we can incorporate it in the mod, here's some shots from a recent game I played, have a look at the formations. That's a centre company in the foreground and a grenadier company in the background with the King's and Battalion colours.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20album28

formations would definitely be nice. On a related note, I think 1755 has too much cavalry, so the traditional line battles/tactics don't work at all. That leaves most infantry only parties near helpless. Maybe the pantie's compositions can be determined by specific regiment. (unit type) I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way.

Seal_1 said:
formations would definitely be nice. On a related note, I think 1755 has too much cavalry, so the traditional line battles/tactics don't work at all. That leaves most infantry only parties near helpless. Maybe the pantie's compositions can be determined by specific regiment. (unit type) I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way.

Yes we've discussed cavalry. There was very little in the French and Indian War. The French raised a corps de cavalrie in New France in 1759 that was active through 1760. They are in the game because...well they did exist... and it is "MOUNT and Blade Warband" after all. The British did not use cavalry. Yet we couldn't leave British players undermanned/powered in that aspect. There has been debate about what best to do for the British? Everyone liked the 17th Dragoons but they were not sent to North America until the rebellion in the 1770's and they were actually created for 1776 mod. Gab has toyed with removing them and just creating a "mounted infantry" for British players. This would be more reasonable if still not completely accurate. There is a balance here that has to be made between 100% historical accuracy and playability. I personally think there should be a mounted infantry option for Britain but left at that. It's been discussed though and thanks for the input Seal.

Auldman said:
Seal_1 said:
Yes we've discussed cavalry. There was very little in the French and Indian War. The French raised a corps de cavalrie in New France in 1759 that was active through 1760. They are in the game because...well they did exist... and it is "MOUNT and Blade Warband" after all. The British did not use cavalry. Yet we couldn't leave British players undermanned/powered in that aspect. There has been debate about what best to do for the British? Everyone liked the 17th Dragoons but they were not sent to North America until the rebellion in the 1770's and they were actually created for 1776 mod. Gab has toyed with removing them and just creating a "mounted infantry" for British players. This would be more reasonable if still not completely accurate. There is a balance here that has to be made between 100% historical accuracy and playability. I personally think there should be a mounted infantry option for Britain but left at that. It's been discussed though and thanks for the input Seal.
PERFECT EXPLAINATION, SIR AULDMAN!!  :grin:
What would I do without you???!!!
And yes, I removed the 17th cavalry troops....but I couldn t help to put them back as .....mercs!! Yesss, he he he
....but I had to sacrifice my adorable wild frontiermen mercs!
This shows my affection for the very first gift Poomtang gave me: his beautiful 17th light dragoooooons!!!
Gabby

poomtang said:
Here's a short vid for 1776, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaxgM8DRHo

I love it! That's inspiring stuff Chris! I so want to put down the rebellion  :wink:  :razz: Hey the guy who thinks this mod is "mythical" in the 1755 thread ought to get his butt over here and see this!!

poomtang said:
Here's a short vid for 1776, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaxgM8DRHo
Bravissimo, Poomtang!!!!!!!
Great idea, also. You present things so well in that way.
...........but you cannot show the "cake" and think I am not going to eat it!! he he he

So two kind requests to you:
- may you send me that music in ogg or mp3 format, in order to add it to 1776?
- and also send the dragoon horse with the RED cover under saddle, to add it to 1755?

THX A LOT!!! .....AND ONCE AGAIN: BEST COMPLIMENTS

GABBY

GABRILDURO said:
And yes, I removed the 17th cavalry troops....but I couldn t help to put them back as .....mercs!! Yesss, he he he
This shows my affection for the very first gift Poomtang gave me: his beautiful 17th light dragoooooons!!!
Gabby
Oh, no please don't put them as mercs, it kills the inmersion... and you destroyed the wild frontiermen mercenaries??? No, how dare you!!!?!! Please do whatever in your power to restore the frontiermen, don't be silly please the dragoons will apear in the expansion... please please please?!!
:cry:

Lavandina said:
GABRILDURO said:
Gabby
Oh, no please don't put them as mercs, it kills the inmersion... and you destroyed the wild frontiermen mercenaries??? No, how dare you!!!?!! Please do whatever in your power to restore the frontiermen, don't be silly please the dragoons will apear in the expansion... please please please?!!
:cry:

I agree with you. They should be removed from 1755 altogether and put in 1776 (dragoons) and in 1755 British should have "mounted infantry" to counter French corps de cavalry and the frontiersman should be restored as merc. Just my strong two cents in agreement.

Oh, here's a good one. Sometimes in '55, I can hear the song "British Grenadiers" playing in the background. Maybe you could add drummers and troops with fifes to trigger that and other faction specific songs, then set its volume to correspond with the number of these men. Just a random "I got bored and started thinking"  idea.

Just looked at Poomtangs video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaxgM8DRHo

Just like having a Time Travel Machine.
Amazing Work looking forward to 1776.
time_machine_large_01.jpg

Len said:
Just looked at Poomtangs video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaxgM8DRHo

Just like having a Time Travel Machine.
Amazing Work looking forward to 1776

Leeen your Irish Brigade in 1776 American Revolution :razz:

Irish régiment de Dillon
fusilierdillonirishregi.jpg

Status