Another classic example is the story of how some Polish cavalry attacked German tanks and killed one commander. The reality is they attacked some armored cars and slightly wounded one commander but were in turn savagely mauled. Heroic indeed, but typical Polish flop.
Wrong. They spotted a camping (like resting, not in defense position) group of Germans and their commander ordered charge, instead of dismounting and attacking on foot (while normaly cavalry brigades fought on foot, sort of "motorised" like infantry, if they met unorganised, unwary or unprepared enemy, charge with sabers was common tactic), which was I believe in doctrines of all the countries of that era (US used charge in 1942 at Philipines). The charge was succes and the group of 250 horsemen of 18. Pułk Ułanów Pomorskich managed to kill about 10 germans, wound also about 10 and routed the rest. In that moment, german reconaissance group with Sdkfz.222s and Sdkfz.232s appeared from the forest and begin to fire at Poles from machineguns. Poles, without any means of damaging these armored cars (rest of the group with "not so horse equipment" as tankettes, AT rifles and cannons) was holding position in the behind), started to gallop back to their own, but in open ground were easy targets and about 80 from 250 horsemen was killed. But yeah, we all enjoy picture of stupid horse ridings Poles crushed by glorious boot of allmighty Wehrmacht.
As for training with the Luftwaffe...Germany had been training pilots in Russia secretly for some time. So even though they had officially instituted the Luftwaffe in 1935, they had plenty of manpower in 1938.
I did not say they had not plenty of manpower, I did say that from only 54% went through whole training time, while the remaining 46% had only shortened one. But as you simply wont believe me, I dont think it is worth a discussion.
Nevertheless, I wouldn't trust Polish sources to be objective enough to check all sources from other countries to confirm this.
Sure, I also only trust Germans, Brits and Amis. All Polish air force was destroyed on ground in first hours of conflict without any fight at all, i know.
Munich, no, what I mean is that some officials in Britain felt the country was not yet prepared for war, and I believe they were mostly right.
It is nice to know what who felt, but the fact is that in 1940, Britain was in much worse position than it would have been in 1938. Just do the basic math and count the numbers of French air force + Czechoslovakian air force + RAF against Luftwaffe. And on ground there is really nothing to discuss as numbers of divisions kinda speak for themselves.