Suggestions and Critique

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree that England and HRE should be more fractioned. This is hard though, since the likelyness of them joining a campain depends on their relationship with the marshall, rather than the relationship with the liege (I think, havn't checked in a while).

EUREKA!!! Ok this quote gave me an idea that I think would work for those larger factions and shouldn't be too hard to impliment!  Instead of splitting up the the larger factions politically or territorially, just split them up relationship-wise. 

For example, the lords of England could be split up into 3 'sub-factions' that have good relations within themselves but poor relations with the members of the other 2 'sub-factions'.  In this way, whomever is the marshal of England will be able to call up only around 1/3 of the total faction's armies to campaign.  The King would not belong to any one 'sub-faction' so he might show up to a campaign regardless.  Plus this does not really subtract from their overall power as the non-campaigning lords would still be defending their lands, and if they are militarily successful the new lords would increase the number of lords likely to campaign.  This won't detract from power so much but might slow their offensive strength a bit, and all it would require is changing the relationship numbers between lords. 

You could make as many or as few sub factions as you want, and of varying sizes to mix things up.  Imagine a faction with 2 strong sub-factions and one smaller sub-faction.  While one of the members of the strong sub-factions is marshal the faction can make some good gain, but then a marshal from the weaker sub-faction happens to be appointed and they start losing ground.  It would make wars more dynamic and manageable.

What do you think Cruger?  Would that work?  Do you like that idea?

It's already done for the next patch :wink:

We have split lords into cultures. Each culture dislike lords from other cultures.

Cruger said:

We have split lords into cultures. Each culture dislike lords from other cultures.

LOL you have preempted me!!!  Is it strange that I feel happy that we both came to the same solution for this problem?  :mrgreen:

Wow - that sounds like it will really add a lot of playability to this mod. If you had mentioned that little patch feature before, I missed it!

On the surface, this should address the realism/difficulty that feudal lords had in actually mustering a feudal levy, gathering them in a timely manner, and coordinating their deployment where they were actually needed for battle. What you got in the field was a portion of what, theoretically, you should have had at your disposal.  As we move through the middle ages, this was a recurring theme.

My passion is in the research and re-enactment of the 14th century and the Hundred Years War. I played the HYW M&B mod a lot before the Warband release, but this mod has made me appreciate, more and more, this earlier period as well. Thank you for all the work you are putting into this.

Cruger said:

It will be out soon :smile: The to do list is down to a few points now. Problem is that they're all on Cèsar and he is pretty busy already. He can hopefully find time to do them soon though.

Aliksander said:
(firefox is racist, doesn't recognize that Polish should be capitalized unlike English, Italian and Hungarian heheh)

Actually that's because there is an english word polish, which is the stuff you put on shoes to make them shiny.  Firefox doesn't know if you are typing that word or the proper noun Polish.

wow, forgot about that. haha.
Cruger said:
Aliksander said:
Unless, of course, you believe that the smaller factions already HAVE all the lords/strength you are ever going to give them.

There we have the confusion. Yes, we believe that all the current factions (and factions that will be in the next patch btw, to avoid further discussion) have the strenght they should.

Nerius said:
The HR Emperor nor the king of England had that type of control over their lords - but the game is letting them have that control, hence the disconnect between what happens in the game and what realistically happened.
Okey this is third time I have had to quote this, and I've already given the quote to you before I think. I repeat, it's not going to change.

Cruger said:
I think you are confusing actual historical accuracy with historical simulation.

I'm happy to provide the setting, in terms of faction borders, strenght, lords, banners etc. Other than that I don't really care about what the factions choose to do with their given start. I can't be bothered to write a script for the Almohads not to go hard for Toledo just becaus they failed hard in year 1212. I can't code the political complexity of problems it would have been for Castille just to steamroll Navarre, but it wouldn't really make sense to station 2k men in Pamplona only either. If that's what your want you should really read some books instead :wink:

I agree that England and HRE should be more fractioned. This is hard though, since the likelyness of them joining a campain depends on their relationship with the marshall, rather than the relationship with the liege (I think, havn't checked in a while).

Nope, wasn't me!

Cruger said:

Well then that's all you had to say! Didn't read this in the changelog, or I would've remembered I think. I don't think I've read about this before, but sounds sweet. Thanks, and sorry for drilling the subject in. I don't mean to be a bother, really, you've done wonders for my mental health with this mod. Just speaking my mind and throwing suggestions out there. :razz:

And before you think I'm loony, please remember that I work 12 hour days and study for another 3-4. 30 minutes a day of M&B: Warband just makes it all a little more doable and something to look forward to during the week days.

Cruger said:

AAAhhhh excellent! That says it all!! I don't think I've seen this either in the changelog, but honestly I dont' care, cause it's done anyway!! It will get the game very very more interesting!!
Regarding the same subject, I have a little question ; will the player have to choose a "culture" and therefore be disliked by those of other cultures?
If you don't want to answer, don't :wink:
thanks!!

Nerius said:
One the smaller italian factions are added in, i completely expect HRE to steamroll south just like England steamrolls the british isles in under a year.
I played with Non-english Britain factions and they had no problem with England.
France is stealing their castles in the sout east, Scotland and Irish kingdoms are surprisingly good at sieging, Scotland even took Chester, and Irish took Dublin. I mean, even Welsh P. took one castle before the peace started. England didn't conquer any new castle, they just returned a small number of lost terrytories. And they lost a few lords because of the Manpower. So I really had no problems with English, because they were at war with many.

Yeah, maybe that is necessary.

At the beginning, they were completely being stomped by the French and the british factions, but once they peaced-out the french, it was good night for the other guys.

DrevniDabar said:
I played with Non-english Britain factions and they had no problem with England.
So I really had no problems with English, because they were at war with many.

Yeah but the thing is when they make peace with all those factions. After that, they declare war upon one small faction, and litterally rape it, then another one, etc they easily invade one after another after having made peace with all the enemy factions of the beginning.

I really hate it to ask the village elder if he has seen any enemy forces, because no matter how near they are he will always repsond that he hadn´t seen any.

So, my suggestion: Unfold him, make him see! Maybe add that when you have good relationships with a village and ask him, all enemy parties  and also raiders and looters within a certain radius around the village can be seen on the map.

Hey this mod is really good even trough it is still in early beta stage and it looks like it got allot of potential, but could u maybe add some of the features from Brytenwalda like this, just some examples: recruiting spions, buy services from whores to raise your armies moral, have diffrent religions effecting the relation betwen diffrent factions and the soldiers in ur party and having priests from the diffrent factions traveling around, and include polished landscape into this mod would really make it look allot better. This is just some of the features in Brytenwalda and other mods that could have been cool to to have in this and also are u gonna add places outside Europe like the war between the Muslims and Knights Templar for the holy lands and maybe places futher out like Asian with their samurais in the future?

haakonsval said:
also are u gonna add places outside Europe like the war between the Muslims and Knights Templar for the holy lands and maybe places futher out like Asian with their samurais in the future?
:mad:

Eктωρ said:
haakonsval said:
also are u gonna add places outside Europe like the war between the Muslims and Knights Templar for the holy lands and maybe places futher out like Asian with their samurais in the future?
What he meant is, you should read topics like FAQ, Info thread, Progress, you will get your answers there.

Hmmm... If I remember correctly, there was one mini-mod which allowed the player
to put any Companion Party member to be the leader of the party.
Then, you could use his skills which are reserved for party leaders only - i.e. You (leadership, inv. management, prison. management and persuasion).

Okay sorry i didnt knew, but i am gonna read the info thread now thanks
DrevniDabar said:
Eктωρ said:
haakonsval said:
What he meant is, you should read topics like FAQ, Info thread, Progress, you will get your answers there.

DrevniDabar said:
Hmmm... If I remember correctly, there was one mini-mod which allowed the player
Then, you could use his skills which are reserved for party leaders only - i.e. You (leadership, inv. management, prison. management and persuasion).
was there perhaps a mod that lets your warparty have multiple leaders?
example: you are the main leader, but you can assign the commander of the calvalry, or the left and right wing of your army? i think that would be cooler :neutral:

Executor-64- said:
DrevniDabar said:
was there perhaps a mod that lets your warparty have multiple leaders?
example: you are the main leader, but you can assign the commander of the calvalry, or the left and right wing of your army? i think that would be cooler :neutral:
I do not know how exactly is that useful, since companions tend to die no less difficult than normal troops, so there is no real need for them to lead a wing or something.
I was reffering to the world map party leaders. F.e. if your companion has better Pathfinding than you, than your whole party is going to go faster, that is already in the game for all except for 4 skills that are not called Party Skills, but Leader Skills. So, your companion CAN make your army go faster, but he CAN'T organize your inventory to carry more items, or to have more prisoners (Inv. management skill and Prisoner manag. skill). For them to do that, they need to be a leader, and the only leaders is you...  :sad:
haakonsval said:
Could have been cool if u could let ur companion command ur entire army instead if u wanted to
Well, there is that option (sort off).
It is called ''Order your army to attack without you''.  :razz:
Pretty much a suicide mission, there.
I once attacked 3 lousy looters, no more, no less, with about 50 of my warriors.
To save time, I choose ''Order your army to attack without you'' option, and lost one Welsh Veteran Archer (who is one step to W. Longbowman, a kickass unit). That sucked.

DrevniDabar said:
Well, there is that option (sort off).
It is called ''Order your army to attack without you''.  :razz:
Pretty much a suicide mission, there.
I once attacked 3 lousy looters, no more, no less, with about 50 of my warriors.
To save time, I choose ''Order your army to attack without you'' option, and lost one Welsh Veteran Archer (who is one step to W. Longbowman, a kickass unit). That sucked.
that's so true! I never use it anymore since it really is useless.
maybe there would be a way to improve it, but i have no ieda how that could be. there are some interesting attacking menu options in brytenwalda though.

Back
Top Bottom