SP Apocalypse [WB] Post Apocalyptic Horror mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

del

Master Knight
                                                  A  Post Apocalyptic Horror mod for warbands

Background story so far

The year is 2031 - 20 years after the Hit, the catastrophic asteroid impact that tore society apart and set in motion a chain of events that left cities in ruins and 95% of the world's population dead.
The survivors have banded together for mutual protection, resources are scarce and every other group is either a threat or an obstacle.

The Hit was an asteroid size of a mountain it struck Russia on the 18th of may 2011, vaporizing cities and leveling mountains totally destroying a area of 150 miles in seconds, the rest of the world was hit with tsunamis, earthquakes, lava flows and superstorms.
Billions died in the first few days and the death toll rose as the clouds of ash and debris are thrown up into the atmosphere blocking out the sun for 3 years, temperatures worldwide dropped about 40 degrees, most vegetation and animal life dies.

Days later after the hit odd things started happening all over the world, Thousands of survivors across the world were infected by a deadly virus caused by the dust from the asteroid.
This was a virus that infected not only the living, but also the recently deceased, When afflicting a live subject the virus seemed to take 24 hours to reach it's full potency,  when this happens the subject will slowly lose their memory, acting only on pure instinct.
With recently dead subjects the virus is reported to take only 5 hours to overwhelm the body and reanimates the corpse, all try to flee from the infected due to their cannibalistic tendencies.

Slowly after 3 years of cold darkness and half light days our planet recovers the dust clouds disperse and the sun shines down on our shattered world.
People start to emerge from hiding to make best of whatever lives they can in the ruins of earth.

Human Society now centers around small family and tribal groups, usually numbering between
10 and 40 people. Some have settled down in small communities where they grow crops and raise animals under harsh conditions with the few species of plant and animal life which survived .
Others resort to raiding and looting for survival, taking whatever they want from weaker communities,
life is harsh with no law or order ,governments are gone as are any local authorities and armed forces.

It is the time of desperate survival, of waring gangs and tribes , raider and road warriors, of warlords and wardering heroes fighting for the leftovers of a time past with the ever threat of the living dead looking to make you their next meal.

For those who have never played or heard of my old post apocalyptic mod , wastelander it can be found here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,82850.0.html

Screenshots
Vehicles
dirtbike.jpg

quadss1.jpg

trader.jpg

car2jp.jpg

pickuph.jpg

Undead
zombie3.jpg

zombie1b.jpg

zombie2z.jpg

I would actually love to see more "survival elements" in it. Possibly limited ammo, the food items are small portions, and you would need to scrounge for food. I would also like to see a it to become more of a story mod since there is a huge lack of those. And more of a post-apocalyptic feel, the last time I played the original mod I was kind of turned off by the factions, and I just didn't feel end of the world-ish, but it was your first mod. Warsword was awesome, so I can't wait to see what you do with this.

QuailLover said:
I would actually love to see more "survival elements" in it. Possibly limited ammo, the food items are small portions, and you would need to scrounge for food. I would also like to see a it to become more of a story mod since there is a huge lack of those. And more of a post-apocalyptic feel, the last time I played the original mod I was kind of turned off by the factions, and I just didn't feel end of the world-ish, but it was your first mod. Warsword was awesome, so I can't wait to see what you do with this.

Some good ideas there QuailLover mate, yep I agree it has to be more of a post-apocalyptic feel to the mod and all the factions need redoing I might keep the terminator one tho but get rid of the rest.

If anyone has any ideas on factions or bandit types etc let me know thanks.

this is one of my fav mods for classic M&B, so that would be awsome if you could start this again, and i'm sure it would be a damn good mod again knowing all those great mods you made. The background of this mod between fallout and termiator was definitly what hooked me in wastelander mod, i hope you'll keep the same atmosphere in v2 ^^
I also agree with Quaillover ideas, survival in an apocalyptic world is the key to good background i guess, so limited ammo and so on yes !

ps : i'll post some more constructive stuff & ideas later :wink:

Maddened canibalistic survivors as bandits? Anyways, good luck! :grin:

P.S: That was the first, and probably best, suggestion I could make at 2am so I'd better go to bed now..

What about scavengers?They hunt and find food but they also rob people for money to buy equipment.They should be like looters but a little tougher

I think it would be interesting, but only while you made somth reallistic. I mean, no terminators and giant robots. Keeping it like Fallout, Metro 2033, I'm Legend or Resident Evil.

Cool Options:
-Focusing on a single city. New York would be great for example.
-Making a postapocalyptic Nazi world. Lets say it became apocalyptic after the nazi conquered america and entered nuclear war with the URSS.
-Adding zombies.

Revan Shan said:
I think it would be interesting, but only while you made somth reallistic. I mean, no terminators and giant robots. Keeping it like Fallout, Metro 2033, I'm Legend or Resident Evil.

Cool Options:
-Making a postapocalyptic Nazi world. Lets say it became apocalyptic after the nazi conquered america and entered nuclear war with the URSS.
-Adding zombies.

Now thats awesome.But not sure if its what hes going for:sad:

Or focusing on post apocalyptic Europe where the new world Nazi regime has established themselves, without america and very little of russia left to oppose them. Oh and I doubt technology would move forward too much in a post apocalyptic world since there are very few survivors and most likely, most of the men who had the know how are dead or some of that jazz.

Revan Shan said:

Cool Options:
-Adding zombies.

This is exactly what kind of mod I've been wanting for a loong time to come to Warband. If you switched your focus to this, I could help with modelling.

Also, adding zombies and single city would certainly be interesting too, although I'm not really sure about a Nazi world, but hey, I'm open to stuff.

Excellent idea loved it.

A few suggestions.

Keep Cyberworks, The Coalition and Xiticix. They could stand as factions.

But change the names of The Pecos Empire and the Federation of Hell. Rename the Pecos to something like "Bandit Cities" or "Bandit territories".
You said "The Pecos Empire is a loose-knit association of dozens of independent kingdoms and bandit groups." Well a loose-knit association can't be really an Empire can it now?  :wink:
Rename the Feds to just "The Hellspawn" or something like that. Demons creating a Federation? I don't know seems kinda weird.

Completely reconstruct the vehicles.
Civilization was destroyed so who the hell is refining oil to make gas for the vehicles or constructing them?  :mrgreen:
Use simple mounts in the game such as horses or whatever mutated animal you want :razz: and insert, for example, only a type of bike with a few variations (like in Knights the Last Battle, there are around 20 warhorses, but they vary at the type like the English warhorse is faster than the French).

You could probably still use a car but make it available as an elite unit for the Coalition exclusively (at least in the beginning).

Hovers are good.  :wink:

About the guns now;
It would be nice if you made the lasers available in abundance  only for the aliens, and very scarce and with limited ammo for the rest of them, since it's a very advanced technology.
About the rest of the gun make most of them accurate but relatively weak and some of them reaaaally strong but with limited accuracy. If civilization was destroyed then most of the guns should be old and poorly maintained whilst the ammo should not be in abundance. It would be nice if the newer guns of the game were of poorer quality from the old ones since making weapons requires a certain level of expertise and good materials (things hard to find in a post-apocalyptic world, as I believe).

Most of the weapons should be for close quarters combat since they are easier to construct and use.

About the armors;

Make more leather and clothing based armors and fewer metal based.
Keep the metal based for the Coalition for example and give the rest of them only a few but of worst quality. In addition I don't think that a player should be able to find whole "head-to-toes-kits" very often.
The majority are scavengers after all.

Also I believe mechs should be available at the start only to the Coalition. The aliens looked like they are an insect-like race so I doubt they use mechs. For the rest of them should be too advanced to construct or useless (for the demons).

That's it for now, I love your idea, I'm just throwing in a few myself, I don't know if you'll like my ideas or not but I just thought of giving it a try.  :wink:

PS I have NOT played the old mod, I'm just posting here based on what I saw in the descriptions so forgive me if I made any mistakes or said something stupid.  :smile:

Thanks all for you idea keep them coming they are all taken on board and thought about.

Here is the first part of the background I have come up with today let me know what you think of it ?

What with the green house effect and global wide flooding ever looming closer , freak weather condition , earthquakes , tsunamis , the increase in terrorism and wars with no ideas on how to fix this mess we are in ,The main Governments of the world commissioned the making of Overseer a thinking computer to evaluate and compute a solution to our problems the  pinnacle of artificial intelligence , the greatest minds in technological and scientific fields around the world joined to make our saviour to save our planet.

We made it too smart .

del said:
Thanks all for you idea keep them coming they are all taken on board and thought about.

Here is the first part of the background I have come up with today let me know what you think of it ?

What with the green house effect and global wide flooding ever looming closer , freak weather condition , earthquakes , tsunamis , the increase in terrorism and wars with no ideas on how to fix this mess we are in ,The main Governments of the world commissioned the making of Overseer a thinking computer to evaluate and compute a solution to our problems the  pinnacle of artificial intelligence , the greatest minds in technological and scientific fields around the world joined to make our saviour to save our planet.

We made it too smart .
Does that mean there will be a faction ruled by the Overseer?Oh yea i love the idea to.

I have just finished putting this model in game  :grin:, just put a quick texture on for now tho

sportscycles.jpg

Also changed horse animations and changed horse sounds for engine sounds

Hmmm would it be "realistic" for a bike of this type to be able to move easily in wasteland? Maybe something more of a dirty-bike would be more appropriate. Excellent model though  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom