bandit raid (need development help)

Users who are viewing this thread

wannyboy

Sergeant
I got a nice idea about bandits but unfortunatly I’m not very skilled in making mods. That’s why I seek people who would want to help realize my idea:

It starts to annoy me to always be the good guy so i would like a mod where you can become a real badass.
i would suggest that when you have high renown and very low honor, a bandit would approach you to become their leader(or something like that).

When you join the bandits you can make your own bandit hideouts and upgrade them using tools and other stuff. Doing this u can go from normal tent-camp to a heavily defended wooden fortress.

The hideouts would work like some kind of village/castle. U can garrison troops in them and recruit looters which can be upgraded to some high tire bandits or units specific to the bandit faction ur playing with. When u are the mountain bandits, u can recruit looters or mountain bandits, when u are the sea raiders, u can recruit sea raiders or looters. They both have the same cost while the faction specific raiders are much stronger but they can’t be upgraded while the looters can become very strong.

Also there will be some shops with goods that the bandits have stolen or the bandit faction specific weapons and gear and weapons and gear from their victims.

Finally there should also be a sort of tavern where u find specific heroes and almost always a slave trader. The heroes that u can find in the bandit camp can’t be found in city’s so for some nice companions you have to become a bandit. Some companions like deshiva or borcha should be going to both normal and bandit taverns. Mercenary’s will be found in those taverns just like in city taverns. The final tavern guest is the black market merchant who will sell u top tier weapons, armor and horses. He won’t have very much goods but the goods that he has are well worth of buying. He also has a huge amount of money so he is the perfect man if u want to sell stuff u have looted.  To find a ransom broker, a normal shop or normal heroes you will have to sneak into a city.

I was also thinking about being able to chose your own disguise with certain weapons and gear but that is a feature for later.

When you enter a bandit faction, several things will change about taking over castles and cities.
When u take over a castle, the castle will become yours and so will the villages but they won’t give you money normally. When u want your cash, u have to go to the village and force them to pay you so when u are away u won’t get anything. Also, the money only reloads once a week. The good thing here is that the villages give u more than they would when u were in a normal faction. U can also still force them to give u goods and even loot them but when u do that, the amount of money u can go claim each week gets lower. When u just take goods or cattle, the time you have to wait until they have money again will extend by a week so if u get your money and then u steal from them, you will have to wait 2 weeks before it is recharged. If u steal both cattle and goods, the time u have to wait until u can collect money stacks. Looting them is even worse: You will have to wait 2 weeks extra after they have rebuild their village(no more looted status)before they give u money again and the next 2 times u go collect your money after that they will only give u half of normal.

When u attack a conquer a city, u won’t be able to hold it, instead you and your men will loot all the items that are in the shop and get a large amount of money (I thought about 25000 gold per city for you). Also, it will be a huge boost for your men’s morale. The city gets a destroyed status for 1 week and after that week it will be rebuilding for 2 weeks. While it is destroyed, u can’t do anything, just like in a looted village. While rebuilding, it has about 100 mid tier troops and only a small amount of items in the shop. Most of these items will have a negative status(rusty, cracked…) and the items won’t be from very high level. When u attack the city with ur bandits during this period, you won’t get very much and the city won’t be destroyed again, however, the rebuild time will be 5 days longer.
After the city’s rebuild time is over, it will regain its full amount off troops and items.

U will also have to fight against other bandit factions to drive them away from your "hunting grounds" or to steal their "hunting grounds". When you have fully destroyed another bandit faction u should be able to recruit their kind of bandits too in your hideouts so u can get lots of different bandits.
The last enemy u will have to fight are the man hunters.  The more renown u get while being a bandit, the larger army’s they will make. They will also get better troops like slaver chiefs and sometimes, they will hire mercenary’s like the hired blade and the mercenary cavalry.

Another idea we could maybework out later are caravans that grow in strength when they carry better products and get less troops when they carry worse products. This is what I got until now.

This is all that I got until now and I hope u liked it and  maybe even want to help develop it.

As soon as i get the chance, i will make the text better, sorry if its a bit crapy right now

You'll be extremely hard pressed to find any modder who's willing to make your mod for you as most modders already have their own projects. :wink: Learning how to mod is probably even easier than finding someone who'll make a mod for you.

maybe(hey jou heb ik ook al op nederlands forum gezien) but from all the things i have already thought of i think this mod would be extremely hard for a beginner like me and i want it done well

Finally, A f***ing bandit mod. Sorry I love playing as a bandit leader on all the other games, aka. capture bandits recruit to party, Takes a long f***ing time. :/ I'd much rather them approach me. :grin: anyway i've got troop idea's.                 
                                                              ----------Bandit Marksmen.                                 
                          -------Bandit Archer ----
New Bandit-----                                      -----------Bandit Horse Archer
                        --------Bandit Horseman----------------Bandit Calvery.

:grin: as a easy recruitment. "First Order that comes to you" Then you could do the  Steepe bandit, etc.
I Would also like to see "Force Marraige" like all the real bandits and multi marrage. Yea I know I might be late and this might be dead. but D: I like bandit.

Look in my signature, I've already make a mod like this, and Im trying to add almosta all of those features.You could help if you want.

i would suggest that when you have high renown and very low honor, a bandit would approach you to become their leader(or something like that).
I dont know if its possible, but I can add a Dialog with captured bandits, so that you make a quest to join them.

When you join the bandits you can make your own bandit hideouts and upgrade them using tools and other stuff. Doing this u can go from normal tent-camp to a heavily defended wooden fortress.
I dont know HOW to do that, but I know that it is possible, Ill ask help to the guy who made the outpost kit.

The hideouts would work like some kind of village/castle. U can garrison troops in them and recruit looters which can be upgraded to some high tire bandits or units specific to the bandit faction ur playing with. When u are the mountain bandits, u can recruit looters or mountain bandits, when u are the sea raiders, u can recruit sea raiders or looters. They both have the same cost while the faction specific raiders are much stronger but they can’t be upgraded while the looters can become very strong.
that part is easy, just change some things in game_menus.py.

Also there will be some shops with goods that the bandits have stolen or the bandit faction specific weapons and gear and weapons and gear from their victims.
that`s also easy, just have to change somethings in game_menus.py again

Finally there should also be a sort of tavern where u find specific heroes and almost always a slave trader. The heroes that u can find in the bandit camp can’t be found in city’s so for some nice companions you have to become a bandit. Some companions like deshiva or borcha should be going to both normal and bandit taverns. Mercenary’s will be found in those taverns just like in city taverns. The final tavern guest is the black market merchant who will sell u top tier weapons, armor and horses. He won’t have very much goods but the goods that he has are well worth of buying. He also has a huge amount of money so he is the perfect man if u want to sell stuff u have looted.  To find a ransom broker, a normal shop or normal heroes you will have to sneak into a city.
same thing above

I was also thinking about being able to chose your own disguise with certain weapons and gear but that is a feature for later.
I didnt understand weel what do you mean with disguise, so I couldnt say anything

When you enter a bandit faction, several things will change about taking over castles and cities.
When u take over a castle, the castle will become yours and so will the villages but they won’t give you money normally. When u want your cash, u have to go to the village and force them to pay you so when u are away u won’t get anything. Also, the money only reloads once a week. The good thing here is that the villages give u more than they would when u were in a normal faction. U can also still force them to give u goods and even loot them but when u do that, the amount of money u can go claim each week gets lower. When u just take goods or cattle, the time you have to wait until they have money again will extend by a week so if u get your money and then u steal from them, you will have to wait 2 weeks before it is recharged. If u steal both cattle and goods, the time u have to wait until u can collect money stacks. Looting them is even worse: You will have to wait 2 weeks extra after they have rebuild their village(no more looted status)before they give u money again and the next 2 times u go collect your money after that they will only give u half of normal.
That may be possible, but I dont know how(yet)

When u attack a conquer a city, u won’t be able to hold it, instead you and your men will loot all the items that are in the shop and get a large amount of money (I thought about 25000 gold per city for you). Also, it will be a huge boost for your men’s morale. The city gets a destroyed status for 1 week and after that week it will be rebuilding for 2 weeks. While it is destroyed, u can’t do anything, just like in a looted village. While rebuilding, it has about 100 mid tier troops and only a small amount of items in the shop. Most of these items will have a negative status(rusty, cracked…) and the items won’t be from very high level. When u attack the city with ur bandits during this period, you won’t get very much and the city won’t be destroyed again, however, the rebuild time will be 5 days longer.
After the city’s rebuild time is over, it will regain its full amount off troops and items.
Same thing as above

U will also have to fight against other bandit factions to drive them away from your "hunting grounds" or to steal their "hunting grounds". When you have fully destroyed another bandit faction u should be able to recruit their kind of bandits too in your hideouts so u can get lots of different bandits.
The last enemy u will have to fight are the man hunters.  The more renown u get while being a bandit, the larger army’s they will make. They will also get better troops like slaver chiefs and sometimes, they will hire mercenary’s like the hired blade and the mercenary cavalry.
Idont know about the "hunting ground" part, but its prety easy to fight other partys from your faction

Another idea we could maybework out later are caravans that grow in strength when they carry better products and get less troops when they carry worse products
that's simple, just make 3 kinds of caravans and name them all caravans, then change the troops and the goods

Back
Top Bottom