I only have M&B Warband, am I missing anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just like the title says, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and buy the original M&B.  I bought Warband during the Steam sale a few weeks ago, and I'm completely hooked.  Does the original have any features that aren't included in the expansion?  Sorry if this is a common question, but I didn't see any other threads about it. 

Ask yourself: Would a game drop anything they already have for an expansion?

If you're to thick/lazy to do that, no, there's nothing in Native that isn't in WB.
Though there are a few mods that aren't being developed for Warband. Which may or may not change.

There is a certain..nostalgia factor with the original M&B. I have been following the game for years though so that might be lacking if you don't have those fond memories of .6xx and all the great mods for .751. I don't know if previous versions work with a WB key(?) but if they do require an original M&B serial I'd think the money well spent just for the chance to wander around in middle earth or ride a tiger.

Hyperion said:
Ask yourself: Would a game drop anything they already have for an expansion?

If you're to thick/lazy to do that, no, there's nothing in Native that isn't in WB.
Though there are a few mods that aren't being developed for Warband. Which may or may not change.

Okay, ****.  The reason I asked was because Warband is called an expansion.  I thought Tale Worlds might have cut parts out of the single player game to give people like me who bought Warband first an incentive to buy the original.  You haven't been gaming very long if the answer you your "ask yourself" question is a no.     

Thanks to Incaa for the nicer reply.  I might just try out the first game for the mods. 

Back
Top Bottom