THIS BUG REPORT THREAD IS FOR POP 3.0 FOR M&B V 1.011. PLEASE POST POP 3 WARBAND BUGS IN THE POP 3, WARBAND SUPPORT THREAD.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY BUG REPORTS! PLEASE CONFINE YOUR POSTS HERE TO BUG REPORTS ONLY (RATHER THAN OTHER TOPICS OR QUESTIONS!)
0. READ THE LIST OF PRIOR SUBMITTED BUGS BEFORE POSTING.
1. Please specify OS and error reports from Windows. Both Windows 7 and Vista have been reported as causing problems.
2. Did you edit any files in PoP? Did you use other cheats in PoP? If so, please specify what you did precisely.
3. Do you have any mods installed in Native which modify troops/gameplay/other conditions?
4. Did you install any other mods which affect sound or visuals in either Native or Prophesy of Pendor?
5. Did you do a clean install of Native 1.011 in a separate directory after checking the threads here to make sure your
Native install is not corrupt? Did you put ONLY POP in the modules file of the separate installation of Native 1.011?
6. Do you have audio codecs which might be problematic with Native M&B? Apparently, there are some in Vista/Windows 7.
8. If running either Windows 7 or Vista, did you install the game as administrator?
9. If so, have you set compatibility for M&B 1.011 to XP?
10. READ THE LIST OF PRIOR SUBMITTED BUGS BEFORE POSTING.
11. Did you use any of Magelord's tweaks designed for Native? (Many will crash PoP.)
12. Did you read the list of those modifications and edits for POP which have been tested and found to work?
13. READ THE LIST OF PRIOR SUBMITTED BUGS BEFORE POSTING.
MY GAME CRASHED, WON’T LOAD, HAS PROBLEMS . . .!
(Please also read the Game Breakers list before posting.)
1) Many weapons without them before now have LODs, which has eliminated crashing during battles in our tests. If you crash during a big battle, before you report the problem, try reducing ragdolls and corpses and set Battle Sizer to a lower level if you're using it, try going back to DX7 instead of DX9.
2) If you still have problems, please report the following in the bug thread:
a) Who you were fighting
b) Number of your troops and of the enemy troops in the siege or battle
c) Location of the battle
d) Specs of your machine and video card, how much memory, etc.
e) Specific details of a non-battle crash, such as taking to a particular type of troop or npc
Specs of your machine and video card are important.
This will help find the problem. Saying "my game crashed" without specific details will not help locate the problem. If you can, keep a save game to send our techies. If you have an older or not very powerful machine, save before battles. If you get the "face of doom" screen, it is an Nvidia issue, not a PoP 3 issue. Other issues may arise from ATI video cards, which have always had issues with M&B, but we have tested POP 3 with both.
3) Make sure POP 3 is installed into the modules folder of a clean, un-modified in any way M&B V 1.011. (NOT Warband!) If you already have a clean install of Native v 1.011 for PoP v 2.5, you can put it in the same folder as v 2.5. Make sure you have the correct number of M&B files, as one of the mirrors for Download is incomplete. Otherwise, you may get a prisoner bug or CTD not caused by POP 3, but caused by an incomplete version of M&B V 1.011.
Your Mount and Blade install is corrupted, if it is 377 MB in size when it should be 381 MB. Please delete your old M&B V 1.011 and install a new one, if this is the case.
This link is for the valid version: http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Mount-Blade-Download-8881.html
1) Do not alter the codes in any way. PoP 3 has been extensively recoded and you will cause many bugs or experience crashes if you combine PoP 3's codes with tweaks designed for Native, or even tweaks which worked in PoP V 2.5, because so much has changed. Bugs caused by your tweaks to the code are not supported.
2) If you fiddle with the items or troops files to make certain items available to you or to increase troop stats and hp, remember that all your enemies who use that equipment or have those troops will benefit from your tweaks, to your detriment. All the armor, horses and weapons are in use in the game, many by your enemies. If your tweaks cause bugs, (which they probably will) those bugs are unsupported.
3) Do not add anyhing to the items file. We are maxed out. Your game won't load or will crash if you do. Please don't report this as a bug.
4) If you use certain cheats and get the Cheater's Achievement Screen, all your other Achievements will be disabled in your current game and you won't get the rewards they bring. This is not a bug. You may wish to save before you use a cheat. We are not saying which cheats trigger this, but a variety of them do.
5) Do not add any other mods to PoP 3. (Some which may have been "safe" for PoP V 2.5 may not be safe for PoP 3, due to massive recoding.) Doing so may crash your game. We do not support bugs caused by mod additions which we did not add ourselves.
6) Don’t support a Claimant. We did not change or fix the bug with that. If you support a Claimant to a faction throne, the Native bug that frequently ruins the game will probably appear in your game. We strongly advise that you not back any Pretender, but instead go with a faction or go independent and avoid this nasty Native bug.
Problems with the Claimant line of play are not supported.
Reminder from MadVader:
Common Native cheats/hacks you don't need because they are in the game:
1. Make cattle follow you
2. Disable companion complaints
3. Talk to village elders from a village menu
4. Change your banner
5. Make more cattle available in late game
6. Allow inventory/party/player hotkeys in menus during sieges and joined battles
7. Prisoner price varies with their level
8. Weekly cost in party screen shows all your costs including garrisons
PROPHESY OF PENDOR 3 IS MADE FOR M&B v 1.011. You cannot play it with Warband, so please don't report that it won't load. (Error message: costumes_a.brf error)Stability Pack included in PoP 3 download for Vista/Windows 7 64 bit users:
Some, but not all (We do not know why), 64 bit users were experiencing crashes. Mad Vader created a stability pack that changes key files (The text files) of the game so that performance is optimized over graphics. We removed many textures and additional scenes from this pack in order to circumvent the 64 bit issues.
We discussed at length this move and realize that it is a bandaid and not a true solution. But since we do not have the resources or ability to reach into the engine code, then we will have to settle for this solution in the M&B environment.
The Good news is that the engine for Warband does not have these issues... so when we release there for PoP3.0, it will have everything. That is a few months out however.
To use the Pack:
Back up your text files and folders.
copy the files and folders in this pack OVER the existing POP install.
That is it.