Hey guys, I have a few questions:
1) I use a Shortened Military Scythe (my favorite weapon). Do I suffer any penalties on horseback using it?
2) How do I lower controversy? The wiki says wait/defeat enemy troops/resolve disputes. How many controversy points a day/week/month will I lose? How many are lost each time I defeat an enemy lord? "Resolve disputes" those are those quests my wife gives me right?
3) How do I get friendly lords to help me siege a castle without me being a marshal? I ask them to follow me and when I prepare ladders/tower they just sit there and don't "join" the siege. I can ask them to siege it for me, but then they will get the credit but not me.
4) What is an easy way to get troops to stack my castles? My strategy is basically throw any troops I can get in them. I mainly attack enemy lords/bandits with lots of prisoners.
1) You only suffer penalties if it is a two handed weapon, otherwise you're fine. (sorry never used it myself)
2)Unsure there can't help you any, although the single player manual may have a good description.
3)If they follow you they should automatically join the siege when you start the attack.
4) You can get a .txt tweak which makes it possible for you to pay 'recruiters' to go out and hire massive amounts of 1 tier troops.
@Stealthycow, companion effects work regardless of whether they participate or not.