Author Topic: -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --  (Read 262096 times)

Aurenian

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Sir_Godwin
  • WB
the weapon will have a small letter after the damage stat. eg: 24p  is twenty four piercing damage.  note that some weapons do a different type of damage if you slash or thrust with it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:28:26 AM by Aurenian »

Acrell

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Dose what kind of damage really affect anything?

Arkson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
How effective it is vs. armour mostly.
Piercing and blut are better vs. armour than cutting, but cutting has higher base dmg numbers. And of course, there's the addition that blunt dmg only knocks your foe unconscious instead of killing him.

The exceeding arrow

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Wolfpack_Exceeding_Arrow
  • NW
i got a question I'm looking for a good weapon with divers specifications:
i want its to be normal -fast swing speed
i don't care for stab
i want to be easily able to kill a armored enemy
i don't want to knock them unconscious
i really prefer a 1 hander because i want to carry a shield

any tips?
"our fearless leaders make a mad dash for the bunkers" ~Batman

herre

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Herman_herre
i got a question I'm looking for a good weapon with divers specifications:
i want its to be normal -fast swing speed
i don't care for stab
i want to be easily able to kill a armored enemy
i don't want to knock them unconscious
i really prefer a 1 hander because i want to carry a shield

any tips?
Some sort of pick-axe
The most awesome vocalist ever to be seen
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

(click to show/hide)

Kellick

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WB
Balanced military pick all the way.

Ozinator

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

New to the site and my Warband will be here in a couple days.
I've searched for answers and can't find them but here's what I'd like to know...

1) I want the game system to be perfect for me from the beginning as I am not one who replays single player games over again...Will the vanilla game be that game or should I consider a mod from the get go?  If so which one?

2) Are the mods for this game like running whole new games (or adventures) so that perhaps my first concern is no big deal?  If it's like old school pen and paper that way, I am more thrilled than I already was (Chivalry&Sorcery anyone?)

3) Even if the mods make like new games, a system only mod which adds realism or better mechanics would be nice from the start

ANY help or suggestions are appreciated

iffy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WB
I think you should just stick with the vanilla M&B Warband in my opinion.   Warband really is pretty much a polished version of the old mods for M&B from what I hear.   

The Darklord

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
As for mods they are mostly the same as the normal game ATM, (same factions same map just different troops types mostly). Really play basic game and have a look at the mods (you can switch between mods and standard WB really easy just a matter of picking which you want)

Blead

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Blead
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
(click to show/hide)
Everything on this list is compatible with eachother. So in the end you have a very epic game!

Battle Size Changer
Arena Overhaul mod
More Horses
More Warhorses
Better Banners Mod
Reworked Armors Mini Mod
Historic Castles Project - the British Isles
Diplomacy 1.10beta
Epic Heraldry Mini-mod for Warband 0.65
More Metal Sound Mod V2.1

For more mods go to Warband Mod List (updated 21.02.10)

Lord Barrett

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Here's a quick question:

Who's Sergeants are considered to be "better" Rhodoks or Swadians? I would assume Rhodoks. Also, if you'd like to include their skill and proficiency numbers, all the better.

I know I could use search, but isn't the point of this to be a kind of "anti-search" thread? In addition, I'm on my mobile, and you all know that search is a pain in the ass at the best of times.

Perrin

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WB
Here's a quick question:

Who's Sergeants are considered to be "better" Rhodoks or Swadians? I would assume Rhodoks. Also, if you'd like to include their skill and proficiency numbers, all the better.

I know I could use search, but isn't the point of this to be a kind of "anti-search" thread? In addition, I'm on my mobile, and you all know that search is a pain in the ass at the best of times.

Like this:                               LVL   SH     DH    PL        CB           ARC        Throw
Swadians
Sergeant                              25    155    135   145        -              -              -          Ironflesh 3; Powerstrike 4; Shield 3; Athletics 4
Rhodoks
Sergeant                              24   130   130    130         130         130         130       Ironflesh 7; Powerstrike 5; Shield 5; Athletics 5

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:23:40 PM by Perrin »

Blead

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Blead
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
(click to show/hide)

Here is what I could find in short:
I'm actually quite suprised over the lack of cleavers, Which Rhodok troop actually uses them?

Swadian Sergeant
 Lvl    1h      2h    Pole     Archery     X-bow     Throw     Skills
 25    155    135   145        -              -              -           Ironflesh 3; Powerstrike 4; Shield 3; Athletics 4

Equipement:
Coat_of_plates
Mail_with_Surcoat
Mail_Chausses
Iron_Greaves
Guard_Helmet
Bascinet
Helmet_with_Neckguard
Leather_Gloves
Weapons:
Awlpike
Heavy_Bastard_Sword
Morningstar
Arming_sword
Shields:
Heavy_Heather_Shield

Rhodok Sergeant
 Lvl    1h      2h    Pole     Archery     X-bow     Throw     Skills
 24   130   130    130         130         130         130       Ironflesh 7; Powerstrike 5; Shield 5; Athletics 5

Equipement:
Kettle_Hat
Bascinet_with_Nose_Guard
Bascinet_With_Aventail
Surcoat_over_Mail
Banded_Armor
Nomad_boots
Weapons:
Glaive
Militairy_Hammer
War_Spear
Sword
Shields:
Heavy_Board_Shield

BHunterSEAL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • M&B
Can I change difficulty in-game or do I have to wait until I start a new one for Campaign AI settings to take effect? I really like my current progress but I'm tired of seeing parties of 25 Swadian Knights (out of like 55 soldiers, it's absurd)? Same thing goes for other changes (damage modifiers, Battle AI, etc.), although I assume that, since they only affect battles, they can be changed and take effect in the next battle.

Ilwuen

• Regular
    • View Profile
Here's a quick question:

Using the search function is always preferable :).