My two cents

Users who are viewing this thread

kkrizan

Recruit
I have been playing Mount&Blade now for some time and I have several suggestions.

Battles:
1. Weapons cannot be held ready for swing indefinitely. After a while, your arm gets tired, your arm drops, and you have to raise it again. Weapons that weigh less could be held up longer and swung again sooner.
2. Some really good stikes could unhorse an oponent (or player) who could then (if he is still breathing) get up and climb the horse again
3. Some better control over your soldiers would be nice. They could be divided into groups and you cloud give orders to each group separately or to all at once. Some extra orders could be "Stay together", "Use ranged weapons" or "use melee weapons". Maybe soldiers could even form up in a formation centered on a player.
4. Terrain of the battlefield could correspond to the terrain on the map where the battle is happening

Items:
1. An additional item or two of each class would be nice. Maybe some extra modifiers.
2. Some quality weapons could only be available as quest rewards.
3. It seems to me that my henchmens horse never gets lame (this could be a good thing)

Campaign:
1. Some backgroudn story and some goals are a must.
2. There could possibly be three sides player could join: Vaegir, Swadia and neutrals (Zendar)
3. Some cities could change hands as a result of players actions.
4. lesser visibility in forests (this may already be implemented)
5. When you rescue some prisoners you can take any you want in your party. When you meet them later, you can take all or none. This should be consistent either way.

This is just what I could think of now.

Very good ideas, battles #1 is something I'm sorta surprised noone mentioned before, and something I'd have to argue against. Fights usually aren't very long between swings, I think a strong person could keep his arm up for that length of time. Heck, I bet I could. Maybe not in the exact same position that the character does, but cocked and ready to swing definately.

#2... I'm mostly of the opinion that a blow hard enough to knock a trained mounted warrior off his horse would probably be enough to kill or incapacitate him as well, just like it is now.

Battle orders and better troop control has been discussed, I'm sure we'll see an update in that area some time. I'd love something as simple as a tight formation/ loose formation command. The terrain generator will be upgraded a bit, IIRC Armagan has mentioned. No doubt more realistic and more varied. We'll see deserts and forests eventually I bet.

I agree, aditional weapons and unique weapons would be fantastic. And I don't really mind that companions horses don't go lame, with the ammount they get beat up. It'd bug me to have to keep switching out their horses every other fight.

Not sure if a story is planned, I think that may still be up in the air. There will be the ability to join the bandits at some time. Being neutral is the way you start the game... there is no neutral faction, you're just not enemies with anyone.

And a dynamic world would rock. Especially if it was a lot bigger than the current map.

Good suggestions, and welcome to the forums!

BEER_BEER_BEER_GO_GO_GO_hahah.gif

Whenever I read "special weapons" I come to think of +5 strength weapons and magical weapons etc...and I do hope this is not what people mean...

Maybe you lot refer to a larger variety of weapons? Like more types of weapons and perhaps condition types?

I was thinking just a somewhat better version of a normal weapon. Say a fine longsword that's a few points faster than a normal one, or a longbow that gives you an extra point to power draw.

I'm sure we'll see some crazy powerful weapons when the dev pack is released :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom