Author Topic: AGE Of CHANGE II : DESCRIPTION, TEAM, CREDITS  (Read 47780 times)

KnezMilos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
Re: Age of Change II - future plans and ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
You can make order "Hashishiyyin" eastern secret organization. That will help saranids and khergits. And remove one of Teutonic, Templar, Hospitaller or Dragon..
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:38:50 PM by KnezMilos »

doc82nd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
Any spoilers about the new factions?

I like the idea of adding knight orders, but afraid that there may be lack of natural enemies for them.
In native game there are only two heretic-like nations (saranids, khergits)  against four European based, adding four orders as nations may increase the disproportion to much.
There is another question, all of mentioned orders can be described primarly by enemies they fought against, for me there is no place for Teutonic order without some equivalent of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Draconists  and Hospitallers (Siege of Malta (1565) made them legendary) without Ottomans, only Templars will be happy fighting Sarrainds :).

As for the orders, what we are thinking is initially alligning each order with the major factions, but make it rough enough to where they might end up at war with each other.
We are planning on making it possible for the orders to become full blown super powers :) of course... very unlikely but if it happens... Awesome.
And I think I am going to make it possible to pick them as a culture. But nothing has been decided on... Anything you guys would like to see may influence what I code in next week.

SaintTemplar

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
hey, if this is in the renaissance then how about creating a whole new continent (doesn't have to be separated) with native american factions, resembling the Aztec, Cherokee, Incan, and Lakota (Suix).

doc82nd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 12:52:24 AM »
hey, if this is in the renaissance then how about creating a whole new continent (doesn't have to be separated) with native american factions, resembling the Aztec, Cherokee, Incan, and Lakota (Suix).

The map is brand new. And we didnt' feel like messing with water travel so its just one big ass continent seperated by a couple lakes. And mountain ranges.
We are keeping it fantasy but I think we are going to push for each faction to replicate a major country from the era. Unfortunately, there are no plans to represent native americans at the time - but It could easily be a feature we could include. I'll see what the team thinks about it

Nodscouter

• Filthy Hobo
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • Damn your Seventh Grandfather!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Nodscouter
  • WB
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 01:07:02 AM »
Too bad, it would be great playing the Aztecs :D.
80% of the shots you post are of scores or naked men.
OH!  I get it!  He's trying to tell us he wants to score with naked men!

Waldzios

• "Policzym ich, jak ich pobijem"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 11:20:06 AM »
We are keeping it fantasy but I think we are going to push for each faction to replicate a major country from the era. Unfortunately, there are no plans to represent native americans at the time - but It could easily be a feature we could include. I'll see what the team thinks about it

Im not lover of the exotic troops, but can understand why somebody may want it.
For me best way to add them is make some lesser mercenary factions, with first troop recruitable from tavern, and rest available by upgrade (should be easy to do when using module system).
Adding them (native americans , asians itp) as nations my not be practical, they will need probably to much creative troop making :)  (ex westernized aztec warriors or samurais  in plate armors, armed with war hammers :)) to balance them against other nations.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:28:10 AM by Waldzios »

doc82nd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »

Im not lover of the exotic troops, but can understand why somebody may want it.
For me best way to add them is make some lesser mercenary factions, with first troop recruitable from tavern, and rest available by upgrade (should be easy to do when using module system).
Adding them (native americans , asians itp) as nations my not be practical, they will need probably to much creative troop making :)  (ex westernized aztec warriors or samurais  in plate armors, armed with war hammers :)) to balance them against other nations.

As of right now Tavern recruitment is in. As for the factions we will consider it, but im not giving out any information as to what our factions are going to look like.. :)

Nodscouter

• Filthy Hobo
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • Damn your Seventh Grandfather!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Nodscouter
  • WB
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
Sioux and Aztecs are easy to find armor for if you would make them. The Aztecs most often used animal skins(The highest ranked soldiers wore Jaguar/Eagle skins) and the Sioux had some pretty good, but light armors.
80% of the shots you post are of scores or naked men.
OH!  I get it!  He's trying to tell us he wants to score with naked men!

SaintTemplar

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »

Alright, nice to see that'll be considered.

Uberschwein

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 11:06:55 AM »
Will the 4 monastic orders be independent (politics-wise)?
Or what? Friendly and/or Neutral towards the western civilizations, Neutral and/or Agressive towards Sarranids and The Khanate?

NaimaR

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Ride-by Archer
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: Naima
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »
You can make order "Hashishiyyin" eastern secret organization. That will help saranids and khergits. And remove one of Teutonic, Templar, Hospitaller or Dragon..
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!
A Hashshashin minifaction would be sweet. :)

"Gunpowder, and full-plate armour, and muskets! Oh, my!"

doc82nd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
Each of the knight orders will have a positive relation toward ONE faction. Like a mini ally. :)
But they will break apart... and you could you know... Join them.. and take over the world in the name of your knight order.. That that i'm telling you guys what to do.. But I know that I am def going to do that.

Waldzios

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!

Hashshashin is just fancy word for assassin (or sect of assassins), so this is no really idea for nation, but for some single troop.
IMHO they could be easily part of some bigger nation (or mini-nation). for example some equivalent of Janissary Corp (in my opinion closest counterpart of western monastic orders), or some Dervishes order ( but im not expert on this).

doc82nd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 09:43:35 PM »
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!

Hashshashin is just fancy word for assassin (or sect of assassins), so this is no really idea for nation, but for some single troop.
IMHO they could be easily part of some bigger nation (or mini-nation). for example some equivalent of Janissary Corp (in my opinion closest counterpart of western monastic orders), or some Dervishes order ( but im not expert on this).
Considering we are including 4 other Knight orders, it may not be a bad idea ta ll to include an assasin sect for the Japanese Faction I just put in. I will talk it over with the boss and see what he thinks.

Waldzios

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 09:57:26 PM »
Considering we are including 4 other Knight orders, it may not be a bad idea ta ll to include an assasin sect for the Japanese Faction I just put in. I will talk it over with the boss and see what he thinks.

I don't care if you add assassins or ninja to japan faction (cant wait to take their whole armies in one charge :D) , they will be first on list to destroy :D.
But if you add it, then only and natural choice will be to add some heretic order (janissaries preferably :D) to Sarranids.