Disable Companion Interaction: Warband Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

kefka95

Squire
I just added this to today's release of TweakMB, but since several people have requested it, I thought I would post the tweak here as well.  This tweak should allow you to have as many heroes as you like in your party, without having to listen to them complain about each other.  I can't say with 100% certainty that this is in fact correct, but I started a new game, got about 10 companions (several of whom I know dislike each other), fought some battles and ran around the map for a few days, and no one complained.  Not exactly a thorough test, but I think this should represent the same variable as what was used in vanilla M&B.

This is very similar to the original tweak by TheMageLord.  Remember, this probably requires a NEW GAME in order to work.  Go to SCRIPTS.TXT and search for the following:

2133 2 144115188075856758 0

Then change the 0 to a 1:

2133 2 144115188075856758 1

Then start a new game, and with any luck you'll be good to go.  TweakMB can of course also do this for you automatically.  This is a bit difficult to test, especially considering that many people couldn't get the original tweak to work with the original M&B, but hopefully it works for at least some people  :mrgreen:

Got all the NPC characters in my group, been fighting for some time with no complaints. So it looks like it worked. Another issue im having, (im new to warband), is morale. How the crap do you increase party morale in the game? Fighting doesnt do it anymore?

Methias1013 said:
Got all the NPC characters in my group, been fighting for some time with no complaints. So it looks like it worked. Another issue im having, (im new to warband), is morale. How the crap do you increase party morale in the game? Fighting doesnt do it anymore?

I'm not sure what the "proper" way to increase morale is, but I do know you can always do a tweak to change the way the game calculates it.  You can either manually modify the text files or use TweakMB to do it for you (the tweak is pretty much the same as it was in vanilla M&B).

As of 1.104 morale seems to be working like original M&B for me (i.e. fighting a lot raises it to max fairly quickly).

I second that! moral works perfectly now!! I was like 72 max ... now it's 93! but still have the penalty from troupes I don't/ never had!

Just for clarification - this disables companion to companion interaction, but does it disable them from complaining if you do other things? I.e. if a companion doesn't like looting villages... will that companion never leave no matter how many villages you pillage? I've always used the "we hang deserters" tweak since it prevents them from leaving for any reason.

If this works the same as the tweak for the original M&B, then it should make it so your companions never talk to you about anything (telling about their story, complaining about other companions, complaining about recent events, etc)

This does work, they still tell their story on the map and whatnot, but they don't bother each other anymore. I have all of them in my party. No issues. Awesome work kefka!

Methias1013 said:
This does work, they still tell their story on the map and whatnot, but they don't bother each other anymore. I have all of them in my party. No issues. Awesome work kefka!

Just to make sure I'm not taking any undeserved credit, I should point out that the original tweak for vanilla M&B was of course discovered by TheMageLord (as with many of the other tweaks!).  I simply figured out how to port it to Warband  :mrgreen:

I've reapplied this change (from 105 to 110) and am still able to load my old save files and the tweak still seems to be working.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Wayac said:
I've reapplied this change (from 105 to 110) and am still able to load my old save files and the tweak still seems to be working.  Can anyone else confirm this?

I haven't verified this myself, but it should work from patch to patch.  The tweak changes a variable that is only assigned one time when you very first start a game.  Whatever it was when you started, it's pretty much going to be that way permanently (unless you manually add some additional scripting to change it back).

How is this done in the module_scripts?

NVM: just look for this

Code:
      (assign, "$disable_npc_complaints", 0),

And turn it into this

Code:
      (assign, "$disable_npc_complaints", 1),

Amazing mod! Keep up the great work.

Signed, Private Vallix.

For disabling companions complaints in Viking Conquest go to scripts.txt
Search for
144115188075857140 0