Author Topic: (Warband) Manual Activation Denied  (Read 47711 times)

Nahkuri

• You Talkin' to me?
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • Frozen Hillbilly Eurotrash
    • Steam - FrozenHillbillyEurotrash
    • View Profile
    • Mostly Finnish
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Kaarne_Jaakonpoika
Re: (Warband) Manual Activation Denied
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 11:30:11 AM »
I am terribly sorry about this. Could you please try using the following page for manual activation?

http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php

We'll fix the link in the game in the next patch but this should hopefully work until then.

Ah. I'm glad that it wasn't anything more problematic than a missing letter in a link. I suppose that's easy to miss with all the release related hassle.

Cheers!
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
-Charles Bukowski

Displaying intelligent or witty quotes from famous, culturally important people on your social media profile will make you seem more intelligent and interesting than you likely are in reality.
-Adolf Hitler

Archonsod

• An old salt from the mainland
  • Forum Legend
  • Beannachd Dé Rígh Alban
    • View Profile
    • My Gamer's Gate profile
  • MP nick: CoR_G_Archonsod
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
I entered my WB serial a second time in the manual activation site with the computer cache(which was correct the first time, as it turned out.)
It only deducts an activation if a) it actually activates it and b) you use a different hardware hash to the last one. At least M&B did, I'd assume it was the same for Warband.
Scottish if forced, English by will and reiver by grace of blood.

GuyKeefer

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: (Muffins) Manual Activation Denied
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
I will try the online activation in a little bit. After activating it online and then booting it up today, I'm back in trial mode... :\

Also, why has the word "M u f f i n s" been turned into muffins in all the posts? It might be easier to track down this topic with it in the title. Might be good to sticky this also, or add the new link into the online activation thread.

Edit: I just tried the new link. Gave me a good code, but after it gives me a successful activation message, it reboots the intro menu and tells me that I'm in trial mode, I need to enter a serial key. Any idea on why this is happening?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:42:17 PM by GuyKeefer »

Archonsod

• An old salt from the mainland
  • Forum Legend
  • Beannachd Dé Rígh Alban
    • View Profile
    • My Gamer's Gate profile
  • MP nick: CoR_G_Archonsod
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 03:57:58 AM »
Did you participate in the beta with a standard M&B key?

Check the Warband key entry in the registry. When the beta switched it cloned the Warband serial in there, and if you're running XP or later the activation probably won't run with a high enough permission to modify the registry, so the M&B key will still be in there. Simple fix, just right click on the key, modify value and enter your Warband key.
Scottish if forced, English by will and reiver by grace of blood.

mindsliver

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »
I've read through this entire topic looking for the answer to my problem. I have a direct connection to the internet and I'm stilled denied the internet activation as it says "cannot connect to activation server". I am denied manual activation through the original in game link and I've even tried the new link that was posted in this thread but I'm still denied activation with no more information than a pop up saying, "activation denied." is there anyone else who can't seem to get past this step?

!nevermind! no sooner had I gotten this posted than I decided to run through it one last time... it gave me an entirely new key which promptly activated the game Hooray! I'm still confused as I didn't do anything differently but I'm happy all the same.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:24:38 AM by mindsliver »

GuyKeefer

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 05:22:36 AM »
Did you participate in the beta with a standard M&B key?

Check the Warband key entry in the registry. When the beta switched it cloned the Warband serial in there, and if you're running XP or later the activation probably won't run with a high enough permission to modify the registry, so the M&B key will still be in there. Simple fix, just right click on the key, modify value and enter your Warband key.

I was not apart of the Beta test. I also used the regedit idea, but it showed the appropriate hardware hash, manual activation code, as well as serial key. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Warband to try and see if that makes a difference.

peonicus

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 05:34:11 AM »
So I was able to activate and play the game for a few days. The game played fine save for an occasional random crashes and I really enjoyed it. After a crash today, the game no longer recognizes my cd-key. It's definitely my Warband serial (the one I was emailed after I purchased). Reinstalling didn't work, the key is showing up correct in the registry. I tried the manual activation on the old page and it obviously didn't work. The link Armagan posted now says that activation for my cd-key is denied. The 60 day time limit shouldn't be an issue because I've only successfully activated the key once. I know you guys are working really hard right now with post-release issues and you have a great product, but this is very frustrating.

Bite Me

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Biteme
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »
I have the same problem, bought the retail copy, installed it (through steam) activated the game on steam with the 5 blocks of letters and numbers code that unlocked the game in steam. It is now in my steam games list, 100% ready and registered. For a while it was fine, but then I got a crash to the desktop and afterwards I lost my activation. Every time I enter my serial or do it manually I just get a message or pop-up saying activation denied. This really isnt god enough, I bought the game legitimately through amazon, and its begining to seem like its wasted money.
This is a huge bug that should have been fixed immediately.

peonicus

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »
Just patched and it did nothing. I'm still wondering why the official website would deny the CD key I legitimately paid for.

jeroen

• Squire
  • charging without thinking
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
a 4 year old good serial number: check
being a Beta tester multiplayer: Check
Downloaded the great Warband: Check
Being denied at the current version (1.103): Check

i tried both manual and normal and both were denied.
i even got denied at http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php., with was the greatest of disappointments.
What do i have to do or who do i have to kill to be accepted?
cause i've seen the game grow and still i'm loving it.
It's hard to take someone seriously when they talk about "charging a swing".  "Ima chargin mah zweihander!  Shoop da woop!"

The Poot

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Let me Poot on you!!
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »
Tell me about it.
I was a multi player beta tester too,
and I even bought the Warband serial key, thinking
it would fix that problem but no.
I LOVE m&b but seriously...wtf    :cry:

Gameboon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: OLL_Gameboon
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
a 4 year old good serial number: check
being a Beta tester multiplayer: Check
Downloaded the great Warband: Check
Being denied at the current version (1.103): Check

i tried both manual and normal and both were denied.
i even got denied at http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php., with was the greatest of disappointments.
What do i have to do or who do i have to kill to be accepted?
cause i've seen the game grow and still i'm loving it.

Heh, yeah I have the same problem and I don't understand why my serial is being denied :(. manual and normal both denied and activation for serial deniedwith the new link.

Hope this is solved soon.

Gameboon

GuyKeefer

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »
I fixed the problem. I was getting the constant activation message. I uninstalled Warband and then reinstalled it. Fixed the problem.

Bite Me

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Biteme
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 11:19:58 AM »
I tried that, but as I instaled through steam it didnt work, do you have mount and blade installed as well? maybe I should give that a go... hmmm ok

The Poot

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Let me Poot on you!!
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
One way to fix it....

Use http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php. and get new code

Go back to manual activation and put it in.
It should disappear then appear again like nothing happened.
Uninstall M&B but save the saved games, then reinstall it.

Work for me... try it out  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:20:30 PM by The Poot »