Swadians gets beaten too easily

Users who are viewing this thread

OsGood

Sergeant
Bug or just bad luck?

Like the subject says that Kingdom of Swadia is inferior... I played about 150 day (game days) as one of Swadians and they were almost beaten by then. Praven and Suno and few castles were only ones they got and almost every village were looted... Smoke everywhere  :cry:

Situation looked bad and only enemies were Rhodoks  :shock: ... Swadian was beaten completely about 180 day and i was trying to help Swadians as best i could but still no effect. Results: No more Swadians and Rhodoks were happy for easy victory against Swadians.

After that i started again but this time i was making my own faction and so on. Swadian went to war against Rhodoks again  :neutral:  but after something 50 day there were Nords and Vaegirs too fighting against Swadians and that wasn't pretty... Swadian didn't have no change and they got beated again about at 120 day... or was it earlyer  :lol:

Weird thing is that Swadians are ok at fighting (battles in which the player is involved in).  :shock:

Anyway:
I'm not sure whether anyone sended this kind of topic already.

Is this just some kind of feature that Swadians must get beaten so soon.

Am i just a noob that does not realize something that everything is ok? :mrgreen:

Ignore the spelling / writing, if there is something wrong with it  :oops:

I don't think this has anything to do with the particular faction per se. There are hiccups like that all over the place. Perhaps the Swadian Lords just wasn't running around as much as the Rhodoks.

Autocalc is a nasty thing.

Many things could have happened: Swadia could have been at war with many kingdoms at once, while their enemies only had; maybe they had less Lords because of defections/indictment, etc, etc. But each game is unique.

And, I'm quite sure the thing is that political issues don't get resolved (in this version, it has been fixed AFAIK) when the player is in that Kingdom. Then, you probably had many many days without a marshal, because it's a political decision.

With no marshals, there is no one to organize the army to fend off invaders. Thus, poor old Swadia fell to it's greater, more organized foes.

Swadius said:
I don't think this has anything to do with the particular faction per se. There are hiccups like that all over the place. Perhaps the Swadian Lords just wasn't running around as much as the Rhodoks.

Swadian are disadvantaged against Rhodok with the autocalculation (Rhodok infantry get huge bonus against cavalry in autocalculation if they didn't change that from original)

iniudan said:
Swadius said:

Swadian are disadvantaged against Rhodok with the autocalculation (Rhodok infantry get huge bonus against cavalry in autocalculation if they didn't change that from original)

That doesn't explain a faction being whipped out, since wars end pretty soon after 1/2 settlements have been lost by a faction. That faction being unable to retaliate because not having an organized army, would.

Sarejo said:
iniudan said:
Swadius said:

That doesn't explain a faction being whipped out, since wars end pretty soon after 1/2 settlements have been lost by a faction. That faction being unable to retaliate because not having an organized army, would.

Never said it was the full reason, just something that could help such thing to happen. Since of that huge bonus Swadian army have less efficiency protecting village from Rhodok, which would ruin the local economy, don't forget settlement and Lords are a lot more affected by bad economy then they were in original.

iniudan said:
Never said it was the full reason, just something that could help such thing to happen. Since of that huge bonus Swadian army have less efficiency protecting village from Rhodok, which would ruin the local economy, don't forget settlement and Lords are a lot more affected by bad economy then they were in original.

Of course, every factor contributes. But an effect as big as destroying the faction, in such a short amount of time, considering truces last 40 days, and are triggered fairly often, when a faction loses 2/3 factions, an effect that big probably has a more strong cause that would have remained the same if the other factions were involved. i.e. they could have lost against Nords or Vaegirs.

I've witnessed the "starting phases" of this problem after being a Lord of a Kingdom for some time. They were paralyzed and couldn't face the 1000+ men armies that came to invade, so I can imagine that extrapolating this the faction would be defeated eventually.

I am seeing the same thing happen, but it is the Nords and snariids wipeing out swada. At one point every but Rhodock was at war with Swada so I decided to pile on.

I too am noticing Swadia getting its butt kicked every which way across the map.  The only other faction that seems to be suffering to distantly similar degree is the Khergits at the hands of the Sarranids.  Maybe it's a auto-calc spear bonus against all that cavalry.

Of all the armies I've faced though, the Rhodocks seem the toughest (Thereby, any faction's defeat at their hands comes as no surprise to me).  Good armor, thick shields, and a ton of picks plus crossbows.  I wonder why they bother with spearmen at all.

In my current game, the Nords took Dhirim but they lost it two weeks later when Swadians attacked it. It did come a bit as a surprise that the Nords did this(so soon) and got the city so easily. But then they did have a huge army and the Swadians were able to take it back without difficulty.
Overall they are doing good, they havent lost anything so far, but then they havent fought more than 1 faction at a time.

I think its quite normal for Swadians to go down if they are fighting three factions at once, especially when those three are Swadian neighbours. They huge multiparty armies that the kingdoms field so often are quite strong and can only be stopped by a multiparty army it seems.
Maybe 150 days is fast, I've witnessed factions lose towns(sometimes quickly) but I myself havent seen any faction detroyed yet.

In Mount and blade 1.011 it may take up to 400 days or more to conquer even 1 faction without player's help. I am often tired, about 350 days and still every of the factions were there... only some castles and maybe 1 or 2 towns were captured overall.  :???:

Vermin said:
In my current game, the Nords took Dhirim but they lost it two weeks later when Swadians attacked it. It did come a bit as a surprise that the Nords did this(so soon) and got the city so easily. But then they did have a huge army and the Swadians were able to take it back without difficulty.
Overall they are doing good, they havent lost anything so far, but then they havent fought more than 1 faction at a time.

I think its quite normal for Swadians to go down if they are fighting three factions at once, especially when those three are Swadian neighbours. They huge multiparty armies that the kingdoms field so often are quite strong and can only be stopped by a multiparty army it seems.
Maybe 150 days is fast, I've witnessed factions lose towns(sometimes quickly) but I myself havent seen any faction detroyed yet.

It true that Swadians always the faction with the widest frontiers since they have a central position in Calradia. This make them rich since of easy multiple trade route, but easy target for economic destruction in multilateral war, especially since their 3 neightbor are specialized army (Nord infantry make siege a breeze, Rhodok armies have horse meat ration =p, Khergit just move so fast compared to most faction that they mostly always fight with advantage)

A lot of factors, preset and random, should affect the outcome of wars -- and in 0.802 in particular, because of the marshal bug, having the player on side is a real wild card.

However, if the Swadians are consistently getting beat, then maybe we should give them something to balance out any disadvantages related to their starting position.

Every war my swadia gets involved in they always get beat according to the lords when you ask them how goes the war. I am finding grounds of looters with captured swadian soldiers... seriously? Thought they were suppose to be pray not the predator

I'm playing a Swadian vassal right now and sitting at about day 180, we've lost of a lot of castles but no towns yet and the only lords I've seen defect are ones that were previously from another faction any ways.  What I could say that'd help them keep their turf is switching Praven and Suno's positions and moving Praven a little bit closer to the center of the map (not much, just a little).  My reasoning is all of our turf tends to get lost when Harlaus calls a feast and all our lords get lured to the furthest edge of our territory while we've got enemy marshall parties barreling down on our lands.

We're currently facing four fronts (Vaegir, Nord, Khergit and Sarranid) and its getting ugly :razz:  Meanwhile in any battles that I'm personally part of we absolutely waste the opposition.  Mind you I'm playing with 1/2 dam for myself and friends but still with my 7 NPCs and even 30 Swadian knights we're just slaughtering 100 to even 300 man parties of the other nations and rarely suffer more then minor losses, even in sieges.  This is also with battle sizer at 150 and using 1.104, which I have a feeling plays into it because of the auto-couching's return.

I never saw the kingdom of Swadia at war. Well, I already see them but they were totaly winning against the Vaegirs. I even thought the Swadias were the best.

When I started my most recent game, the Swadians and Rhodoks were already at war with one another (and neither involved in any other wars). At around day 12 or so, the Swadians captured Veluca, and on day 14 the two kingdoms made peace. Only one or two castles on the map have changed hands so far, and that's the only city. I know that being 14 days is not any kind of significant long-term testing, but thus far the Swadians have been doing quite well in my game.

Back
Top Bottom