Weapons (my mistake)

Users who are viewing this thread

I HATE WHEN THOSE GUNS WONT KILL ANYONE  :evil:  I got 40 soldiers, they shot pretty much in same time and 3..3 Enemies was down. HISTORICAL???? I tried same in Mount&Musket, get over 20 enemies killed. (i didnt shoot fare, i went close in "hold you fire" mod, then; "fire at will"!)

MUST change that think, otherwise good mod, altought im not happy for french uniforms. They should be more like in M&M

Thanx for the (otherwise) great mod

EDIT: I was wrong, my infromation was in different time period than mod.. So; Guns are realistic, keep up the good work 1755 team!

I JUST NOTICED YOUR EDIT!! :grin: THANK YOU FOR MODIFYING IT ACCORDING TO REAL HISTORY :wink:
Gabby

Ruler of Calradia said:
I got 40 soldiers, they shot pretty much in same time and 3..3 Enemies was down. HISTORICAL????
Jepp. Roughly 1 out of 10 sounds about right for point blank fire in a real battle  :mrgreen:

A musket is a smoothbore weapon which means that when the musket is fired the projectile(in this case the ball) bounces around inside the barrel. Because of this when the projectile exits the barrel it spins off in different directions making it very inaccurate at long ranges.

In order for your formation to be effective you need to be at a range of 50 yards or less or you won't hit anything, the only reason you got 20 kills in MM Battalion is because the muskets during that period where improved versions from the ones used during 1755 and the mechanics in the mod are different to the ones used in this mod.

Try doing a bit more research before coming here and ranting because you didn't shoot someone.

Ruler of Calradia said:
I HATE WHEN THOSE GUNS WONT KILL ANYONE  :evil:  I got 40 soldiers, they shot pretty much in same time and 3..3 Enemies was down. HISTORICAL???? I tried same in Mount&Musket, get over 20 enemies killed. (i didnt shoot fare, i went close in "hold you fire" mod, then; "fire at will"!)

MUST change that think, otherwise good mod, altought im not happy for french uniforms. They should be more like in M&M

Thanx for the (otherwise) great mod
I think it depends what soldiers you have in your party. For example Frontiersmen won't be so accurate as Sharpshooters,they have less accurate muskets and firing skill(crossbow)!

SHAD, WRC......you anticipated me so fast :mrgreen:...........couldn t have answered better myself!!!
Ruler of Calradia understood his "unaccurate" comment, though. I had a PM going with him and
I am sure he will take care of that :wink:
gab

Back
Top Bottom