The Project, A Moss Adventure

Users who are viewing this thread

another update request if you don't mind.  How does the "belt mounted positive atmosphere respirator system" work?    I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is working well for you.

Basically it's a small unit that pulls air through filters with a fan, it's used for industrial work but I'm converting it to put air through a nose cannula instead of a full face respirator mask (for the obvious reasons). Sending it to a friend to help with messing around with the wiring to slow down the fan to work with the thinner tubing of the cannula this week, hopefully by this time next week it'll be up and running.

A bit weird really. I know that if I can get this thing up and running it'll be a massive change for the better and I'll be able to do things I haven't really been able to do for ages, but at the same time it's a bit of a wake up call that this isn't going to go away. Mostly I'm just really, really excited. I'm going to do fun things like play pool in the hall bar, have a conversation in a lab class and kiss my girlfriend in a movie theatre. It's the little things you miss. :smile:

On a side note, applying for a disability support payment and the first instalment of my scholarship comes in in march, so starting work on the computer shouldn't be too far off.

... Do you not know what plastic is?
[/rude]

You might not have thought about it, but since he is allergic to the gases that plastic emits when heated, and almost everything in today's world will make him bleed from his orifices, a respirator thing is a must.
(amiryt?)

Vilhjalmr said:
Wait, what? How does not having a computer you can use keep you from playing pool and kissing your girlfriend? :???:
Not working on the computer at the moment, I'm converting a respirator to run through a nose cannula. At the moment I'm using a half mask negative atmosphere respirator (a gas mask pretty much), where as the one I'm working on just pumps air through a set of tubes plugged into my nose, leaving my mouth free to do useful things like talk. Also, it means I don't have a giant ass blue gas mask suctioned cupped to my face, which is just the teeeeeeniest bit uncomfortable and socially awkward. :lol:

Basically I only need it in enclosed, poorly ventilated areas, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass not being able to go in to those places, or if I do, having to have an unwieldy thing like that stuck to my face. So, naturally, the solution is MOAR TECHNOLOGY!

Back
Top Bottom