'The Barbarians' book trilogy

Users who are viewing this thread

I was just wandering if anyone else on these forums are a fan of 'the barbarians' trilogy ('Children of the Plain', 'Brother of the Dragon' and the last one skips my mind right now) by Paul B. Thompson and Tonya C. Cook?

I have just finished the first volume and am about to start on Brother of the dragon. So far the series seems unique in a lot of ways. I love the complete opposite paths that the two siblings take, it just keeps it fresh when it swaps between them.

Feel free to post anything about the series here.

Hmm never heard of it
Though i might look into it if it includes violence, heroism, glorious moments, an enemy who is owned in the end, a master/apprentice thing, and love :grin:

If it's not than i might look into it anyway, cause ive kinda run anything to look at.....

It has its fair share of violence, heroism etc. Its about a family living out in the plains of a fantasy land, a family of nomads I guess. They travel around living off any animals or water they find. Right at the beginning the family is torn apart by a strange foe. The two siblings of the family (Amero and Nianki) are seperated and believe each other to be dead and so they go and do their own things. Each chapter switches back and forth betweeen these two characters. I don't want to spoil too much but Amero, the male, is a much more creative and calm person than his sister Nianki, who is more violent and couragous. It's a great read!

oh cool
That makes it alot funner when there's a girl and a boy
At first, by siblings, i thought you meant 2 brothers

Back
Top Bottom