Tales of Changing Realms

Users who are viewing this thread

Roran 13

Grandmaster Knight
This is a test to see if this topic actually gets used.

You can post your adventures and conquests here, and give tips/help to eachother.
You can post your kingdom's downfall, or it's glory.

Roran Hawkins:

I'm a faithfull vassal of King Harlaus the Mad, and we are losing the war. At first, we were the greatest nation of Calradia, expanding both into Rhodok territorry, and into Kerghit lands. I am the lord of Grunwalder castle. But, after a while, when we were fighting the Khergits, who are quite strong in field battles, the Nords attacked us, and we got even, more weakened. After then, we had a relatively short period of peace, and made a defensive pact with the Sarranids, and the Rhodoks an alliance with the Khergits. The Khergits attacked again, and The Rhodoks joined them, with the Sarranids helping against the Khergits. SHortly after though, the Vaegirs and Nords decided to attack us aswell, pincering us between all other nations. Now, the Sarranids have made peace with the Khergits, and Vaegirs made peace with the Khergits aswell, making them able to concentrate attacks on us. We already lost Halmar, Suno, Dhirim, and 4 castles. Our lands are split where the Nords own Suno, and the VAegirs own Dhirim, leaving us even weaker to defend our lands. Meanwhile, King Harlaus the Mad keeps feasting in Praven and Ryebelet castle, and transferring marshalship every 3 days to another lord. I don't have to worry about defending my own castle, since I have over 150 top-tier troops defending it (100 R. sharpshooters, 70 S. Knights, 60 R. Sergeants) The Nords have made peace with us, but that still leaves us in a bad position.

Anyone knows how to stop it?

Yes: Having high Tactics and 150 Swadian Knights in your party. Kill them.

Anyway, usually factions request peace when they get their ass kicked badly. So focus your troop on one faction that you think you can get to their knees. Try taking as much fiefs from them as you can until they make peace, meanwhile let the other factions be no matter what they do. Once you have this faction begging for peace, retake the fiefs that you lost to the other factions. Repeat with other factions. This is a lot easier if you are financially secure and high-level companions with lots of Trainer.

Captain_Octavius said:
Yes: Having high Tactics and 150 Swadian Knights in your party. Kill them.

I have high tactics, but I can't go to recruit soldiers, there are just too mlany lords randomly attacknig villages, and there is always at least 1 campaign having fun in Swadia  :roll:

And training them is quite a nuisance too.

Can't I gather all the nobles of our land, and make him sign the magna charta? or overthrowing him?  :grin:

I edited my post. You know that the Trainer skill stacks for all your companions yes? Have 8 companions with 4-5 Trainer each, and you can get an army of recruits to an army of Knights in less than a week.

problem is, we have another marshal every few days, we never have enough time to start a campaign, so if I want to  attack, I have to do on my own

Roran 13 said:
Can't I gather all the nobles of our land, and make him sign the magna charta? or overthrowing him?  :grin:

Give some details of how you would like this to work, and it could be a reality!

For "Magna Carta"-like Reforms
What do you think should be necessary for a lord to join the rebellion?
What do you think should be necessary for the rebellion to officially fail (all the lords give up) or succeed (the king agrees to the reforms)?
What do you think should be different if the rebellion succeeds?

Overthrowing the king
That would be similar to the current options for rebellion, I think.  (Either striking out on your own, or convincing your spouse to lead the rebels, or supporting a pretender against the current king.)

One addition I've been considering is the ability to talk to other lords before you actually rebel against the king, so they will join with you.  The downside would be the risk that they might inform the king of your intentions instead.  I haven't entirely decided how that should work, though.

Back
Top Bottom