Suggestions about game mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

(Hope this is the correct forum for this, don't know if this is considered game mechanics or gameplay) Also, though I reference another mod, this one is my favorite. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this. I hope it continues to be fun for you.

Is it possible to make the semi-permanent camps count towards a home for marriage? Same for a great hall in a village.

There's a few really good features in Gekokujo, like smiths that can repair and improve weapons. Armor would be good too, but I'd make them both cost more, at least on the last few upgrades. With the new crafting system maybe a possibility to upgrade them yourself! a few alternative firearms would be nice> I don't generally like them in fantasy but here they don't upset the balance. As long as you have them may as well go all out. A few different ammo types would be cool, too. Also, I like the gunshot sound in GekoKujo better and even the reloading animation. They also tweaked combat a bit, for example a spear charge. Kind of have to experience it, though. There were also some kind of neutral places where you could pick up specific troops or goods and also had it's own potential companions.

I've always wanted something along the lines of the peasants revenge, maybe an uprising faction. It would be nice to have more marriage options, like companions. I think raiding villages should cost honor, and maybe create a kind of negative renown stat, like infamy.
Also, I saw you mentioning you might add a way of accessing the lords that somehow end up in the the four ways inn when they join your faction. That would be excellent!

Also, it always bothered me that when someone is raiding a village you have to fight in the village. And lately factions I have treaties with try to raid my villages. When I stop them I'm the one to be considered to have broken the treaty. I really enjoy the early part of the game for some reason, and trying new character builds. Any addition to that is welcomed! On the other hand sliders for womens faces don't seem to do as much. I tried getting the mod 'wardrobe' to work with this but I couldn't.
I'm not the brightest person but I sure would like to help you out. If there's any somewhat easy but tedious steps you need done, I'm your man!

This is a Berembert crafting suggestion, so I'm not sure if it's the right thread, but since the general suggestion thread had to be closed it seems like the best spot.

I really like the concept of Berembert's blast flasks, but I'm not playing a mage, so I can't buy the flame arrow scroll needed to make them. The spell scrolls don't turn up in the cheat menu item list, so I can't cheat to add it. I suspect my only option is to keep picking fights with mages and hoping that I get lucky.

Could the requirements for blast flasks be changed to items that don't require a specific class to purchase?

This is a Berembert crafting suggestion, so I'm not sure if it's the right thread, but since the general suggestion thread had to be closed it seems like the best spot.

I really like the concept of Berembert's blast flasks, but I'm not playing a mage, so I can't buy the flame arrow scroll needed to make them. The spell scrolls don't turn up in the cheat menu item list, so I can't cheat to add it. I suspect my only option is to keep picking fights with mages and hoping that I get lucky.

Could the requirements for blast flasks be changed to items that don't require a specific class to purchase?
This is a good suggestion; I am tight for time on this release but I'll think about if I can offer scrolls to non mages; perhaps trimming the list offered to a non-mage. The fix for this is in: four ways inn now sells flame scroll at a modest 2500 denars (500 more than mage guild), with the description mentioning it was a special request from some dwarven tinkerers, to make it easier. While I was there I found an astounding 18 errors with the enchantments merchant giving the wrong item and fixed all of them for next release.

Last edited:
Next update can you increase money merchants have by 10 or so. Late game when i have 10 trade and hunt down death knights and demons i have problems finding people to sell to. At the experimental level of diplomacy-trade they have at most 2.5k. ON that note add the smith for changing quality of items(reinforced, lordly etc). I noticed that the twiglight set doesnt have quality levels, it is much easier to use a lordly gauntlet 13 armor than the twiglight one with 10. Same with the boots, lordly pair has 40 leg and 9 body armor, but the twiglight boots have only 35 leg armor.

It is quite fun to play as a necromancer-priest but I recomend to add a ritual to summon/make death knights and demons, also add invisible helmets to the demons.

All that above are some complains and recomendations, everything else is quite nice. I can go on about diferent ideas mechanics and so on all year (5 days more give or take.) but considering i probably wont lift a finger to help with the mod, other than some testing, you might ignore them. I wont care as long as you gsanders keep doing an awsome job with this mod.

P.S- Will you be able to make rpoper summoners whith the code you got paid with for your work at wasworn conquest?
No mod, warsword conquest or otherwise, paid me anything in currency.
I feel sorry that I cursed their mod with my presence, as I pushed my awkward Rigale and Sea traders/sea battles onto them as a bundle of other changes. Most but not all of the errors from that era are now fixed at v160; there are no longer multiple player ships beached on shore, nor an ever expanding pool of parties slowing late game (and half of those added parties are disabled but still slowing each loop that is checking all parties for something). For that matter I miss the heads up display used at Perisno. I don't have any plans to use any unique code lifted from Warsword Conquest that I did not myself write.

I'm not the brightest person but I sure would like to help you out. If there's any somewhat easy but tedious steps you need done, I'm your man!
There are some tedious makework kind of things that would benefit the community, like porting the excel files I will bundle with v160 source to mirror what is in Guspav's original source, which has no such tools to assist coders. I burned at least 40 hours just editing ID_ files with just consist of a name followed by an = followed by a number into two columns on an excel worksheet. because he ID files can be > 1000 entries each and there are maybe 6 that matter that alone was painful. Probably there is a clever way to filter one into the other in seconds, but I am too old school and brute forced it. Periodically I am not very bright either; usually I do well for a few hours and can barely function as I grow tired, forgetting everything and even what I was trying to work on, how I planned to solve it, or for example family members, cat's names, stuff like that. I was trying to forget the pain here but my youngest expressed an interest in the game now that they are of age and I decided it would be a delightful thing to pass it on while I could. Sorry for the super super late reply.

Back
Top Bottom