Story Quest ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

I am wondering we could develop some kind of long term faction quest story similar to Fire and Sword story. Like for the Britions we could find a way to unite them so that they drive the Angles, Jutes and Saxons out of Britain, then have help from Agasicles to restore some of the Roman ruins to a state of functionality and restore to a degree of Romano-British culture. After that they can try to conquer the Picts and Irish as a endgame. This storyline would be limited only to those of either Roman or Briton descent.
For Saxon and Angle players you would have unite the Angles and Saxons, become the High King of the new nation of England, conquer the Britons and Picts to become the legendary Brytenwalda, then to finish off they have to conquer the Jutes and Irish.
For Pict players they would have to unite the picts, then take over the Kingdom of Dál Riata, then forming the Kingdom of Alba. After that they can conquer the rest of Ireland before focusing their attention on the Britons and the Germanics.
Irish players would unite the rest of Ireland, then takeover the Britons and Picts and then conquering the Angles, Saxons and Jutes.
Propally sounds repetitive and unhistorical, but I think there should be something that could make an interesting stories by having goals the player could work towards. Maybe the sagas could then get an epilogue of 200 years later where the player's descendant would be fighting off the invasion of the Vikings.

I like the idea as it's common in many games.
I am not sure how to check for the condition of having captured x,y,z kingdoms.
I would defer to a more experienced player on how to check for those victory conditions with new slots.
It hasn't been an issue in Brytenwalda before because formerly it has been an almost impossible feat to just have your own little castle and survive several weeks (without cheating).

Quests are tricky things and take loads of time to create.
I like the idea of giving a reward for completing 5-6 special quests.
I have already linked several quests together.
Linking more would be nice.

The quest in Ireland currently needs a rework. That quest should somehow be a required step toward becoming a King.

Back
Top Bottom