Recruiting serious volunteers to become lead Brytenwalda modders

Users who are viewing this thread

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
The BW Reworked team is looking for a somewhat experienced Warband modder who would be interested in spending at least 12 hours a month on the mod over the next year.
The ramp up to becoming a modder may take 20-80 hours depending on your familiarity with the source file system.
I can provide some of the initial training by video conference, but I would expect the modder to be somewhat capable with programming and motivated to play and improve the game.
This is a great learning opportunity because of the recent release of the Viking Conquest source files.

New ideas are welcome. I would prefer that the mod stays in touch with the Britannia map and historical record, but time period changes are fine.

Contact me by PM if you have questions about this great opportunity
GDWitt

While I would still be happy have a replacement or helpers, I think the most help I need is with dialogs and stories.
I have maybe 1-2 small patches left.
But my focus  will not be on a Bannerlord mod.
Most of the code will have to be rewritten.
However, the dialogs will be the same unless rewritten.
The quests will be the same.
So I ask for imaginative help with two things:
1) Rewrite lines of code to be more authentic
2) Write fun, historically correct and story-focused quests.
It would be easier to just adjust the current quests than rewrite them from scratch.
Also, basing your quest in the confines what's possible in MBWarband will make them easier to code.

Hello gdwitt,
I am interested in assisting with this project.  I have been playing Brytenwalda since the first release, and have been enthusiastically following the Brytenwalda team ever since.  I study literature, with a focus on mythology, and am well-versed in early Medieval (pre-Norman) European history.  I have studied Beowulf and the Viking story cycles at the collegiate level, and am familiar with the parlance of the era.  I would not describe myself as an accomplished programmer, but I did study computer science & programming (again at the collegiate level).
I don't have any experience working with mods, specifically, but I would be happy to write, edit, or help out in any other way.  For a writing sample, you can check out this blog post from acclaimed RPG author Patrick Stuart:
http://falsemachine.blogspot.com/2015/05/an-interview-with-dungeon-smash-about.html
He interviewed me last year about my experiences as a Wildland Firefighter Type 1 Hotshot (I am credited there as Dungeon Smash).  You can also check out my RPG-oriented blog at:
http://dungeonsmashingempire.blogspot.com/
For more writing samples, please contact me.  You can reach me in this thread (I'll be subscribed) or by private message.  Hope to hear from you!  I think I could be of assistance in your project.

Unless, we get more contributors (I'm the only regular), I'm going to ask all historians to try to learn one aspect of the source system.
If you like history and myths, please play through the quests and evaluate better ways they could work out.
I'm interested in Arthurian, Saxon, Irish and maybe some Viking myth material.
I recommend you study module_dialogs and learn how to reconfigure current quests without breaking it.
If you revise a quest within the code system, I can clean up the bugs.
The quests could use a lot of work in the mod and the mod for BannerLord.
The mod will persist for years in some way if we get more on board.

id be down... experienced in c++ and c# scripting for video games like GTA... i know vector math and working in 3d, using trig and all that

i want to fix this broken game

My Cons: I know nothing about M&B Language Syntax
Pros: I'm OCD when it comes to fixing bugs, coding and being organized... i dont like things to just work, they need to work and be efficient and be adaptable to future changes, is what i think of coding

Sounds good.
I don't mind if you make your own module system.

However, when I work with someone they need to be patient and show some ability to operate independently.
I used to have 3 module systems from 2015. I may still be able to find them.
I included all of them and notated where I modified the 1.40 version with "gdw" or "floffy" or "TML"
I have the module system for 1.40 (which is public), but I don't believe that there is one for BW 1.41.
I also have a system from TheMageLord and Foffy123 who contributed significantly in 2014. There are many elements from Floris and Reworked resources as well.
In Jan 2016, Lord Golias, a python expert from Spain?, significantly revised the mod according to his vision. The module system works much more efficiently and is much easier to navigate, but the revamp caused a number of features to break. I am still finding them here and there.
Along the way, Kalarhan and a few others have provided key guidance to fix the code.
Even this submod has been largely a cooperative effort.
Back to Mod Sys for 1.41:
Idibil said he was too busy to explain where the source files were in 2015 since he was leading the VC team.
I assume that all his changes for 1.41 were made in text which means they are pointless to pursue.
You can backwards engineer them yourself from text to figure out what he did. I spent 1 month doing this, but decided it was pointless since it was clear that key material was missing from TML and Foffy.

Back
Top Bottom