question about hring troops

Users who are viewing this thread

thedudee95

Banned
i have a question about hiring troops from villages. everytime i go to hire, theres only 1 to 2 and sometimes 3 that want to join. how do you make more people join??

is there some kind of text file where you can change it so more people join???

well i had like 30k but i only got like 3

i remember reading a post where you can change th number of people that join in some file.i forgot though :cry: :cry:

The most I got was 8!! and that was today. But that was from my own village. But still I was surprised because prior to that the most I had was like 3. So I'm not sure what gives, but probably you can get more recruits from your own village. I wonder if looting is taken into effect.... like when was the last time it was looted.

I'd really like to be able to recruit more from my own village/other villages depending on my renoun... or pay to equip levies from my village to get larger numbers... so slow to build a decent force atm if you avoid hired blades..

I always get around 2-3.

It doesnt cost anything, so you cant get more if you have a lot of money..

It's really easy for me to build my army. Recruit from villages, a little bit from taverns and look for armies with prisoners and recruit the prisoners and you got yourself an army. Also invest quite a lot into training so your army get xp even if they are not fighting. Works wonders for me. I never hire hired blades, but I have about 4 in my current army from upgrading. Also invest a lot into surgery and other medic roles and you wont have a problem.

I once left all my forces in Culmarr Castle, then rushed a couple of enemy armies (Rhodoks) that had over 70 soldiers and 100 prisoners when taken together.  Full difficulty settings using 'Tin Can' style armor on a charger with a balanced nordic sword, reinforced battle shield, and balanced sword of war.  Ymira and Marnid died pretty much instantly, after which I rode around for like 10-20 minutes slowly dispatching the entire enemy force.  Renown gain of 39, full compliment of Caravan Guards, Swadian men-at-arms, Khergit Horsemen/Horse Archers/Lancers obtained.  Full army built up with just one fight; I was ridiculously pleased that I managed it without resorting to a lance.

I've recruited up to 14 at once at my village.  This is after two Housing improvements--don't know what effect those have yet.

The way recruiting from villages works is this:

You have a standard number, which is between 0 and 5 - a min and max value of the number you can recruit.

When you gain more favour with the people in the village (usually by defending them against attack, but basically by getting the farmers from that village to fight on your side in a battle), the maximum is increased by 5 every 5 or so points of positive disposition you get, thus resulting in recruiting 0-10 troops in your own villages and only 0-5 in others of your faction/allied factions.

Using the module system, you can change the values - I think it's found in the module_scripts.py file.

Yeah, here it is: these are the lines you can edit to increase the number of troops you can recruit at one point:

Code:
(assign, ":upper_limit", 5),
       (try_begin),
         (ge, ":player_relation", 5),
         (val_add, ":upper_limit", 18),
         (val_add, ":upper_limit", ":player_relation"),
         (val_div, ":upper_limit", 2),
       (else_try),
         (lt, ":player_relation", 0),
         (assign, ":upper_limit", 0),
       (try_end),

Obviously, upper_limit is the normal maximum, player_relation is your relationship with the village, and the val_add command adds the number at the end to the original upper_limit number, thus giving more troops at villages.

It looks like it works by adding 18, then adding your relation to that number, then dividing by 2, so you could change it to divide by 1, or add 20, etc. etc.

For more help, check out the module system documentation :p

Back
Top Bottom