[POLL] One global farming skill, or many specific ones ?

Should there be one global farming skill, or many specific ones ?

• One farming skill for everything is good enough

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Make as many and diverse skills as possible

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
So, should there be only one big global "farming" skill, tied to everything dealing with farm stuff: bee tending, crop tending, cattles tending, and so on, or should I make different skills for each specific subject ?

It depends on what we're getting from the skill. I mean, training a skill just to get more honey isn't really worth it. Think lumberjacking and woodcrafting, two different skills and practically nothing useful (Woodcrafting does nothing AFAIK and lumberjacking only gives wood, which is minimally used and can be easily purchased).

Hazzardevil said:
I choose Option C:
Related skills like lumberjacking and woodcrafting are one skill.
Mining and smelting should be separate skill
and so on.

Wait a minute.  How are lumberjacking and woodcrafting related, but mining and smelting are not?  :???:

There are also different aspects of getting shot in the face with a axe that require vastly different skill sets to help treat in order to survive. None of them exist in real life.

EuchreJack said:
Hazzardevil said:
I choose Option C:
Related skills like lumberjacking and woodcrafting are one skill.
Mining and smelting should be separate skill
and so on.

Wait a minute.  How are lumberjacking and woodcrafting related, but mining and smelting are not?  :???:

I meant it like this:

Skill 1: Lumberjacking and Woodcrafting
Skill 2: Smithing, Smelting and Mining
Skill 3: Fishing and cooking

And so on.

Hmmm, what about various skills (bee tending, crop seeding, crop harvesting, farm animal caring...), falling under a "farming skill", as for skill improvement guild effects ?

Back
Top Bottom