NA_TWW_RolePlay Rule Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domhnall mac Raghnaill

Knight at Arms
  • TWW is vastly different from PW. Therefore, we need a new rule set. The current one you see below you has been heavily modified and reduced from our current PW ruleset. Please use this thread to suggest or request to be removed any rules for this server pertaining to The Wild Wind-specific situations, not roleplaying in general.

Server Rules:
    This is a role-playing server, please read all of the rules, so we can all have a better TWW experience!!

Any and all players must RP at all times before doing anything.  If RP is measured to be illegitimate or otherwise poor quality, admins can and will intervene; for example, anyone who says, "500 or die," will undoubtedly end up with a swift boot to the server lobby curb.
    • Buildings
    You may not grief (remove parts of, add on to) any building made by another player without proper RP. You may not create buildings that defy the physics we have in our real-life reality.c
    • Robbing
    Robbing includes forcibly taking or removing currency or item(s) that belong to another player.  To rob you must first commit your character to the motive of robbing.  This means you cannot be a serf mining and decide to rob the person next to you for his or her ore. 
    • Assassins
    A number of prerequisites need to be completed before any actual assassinations can take place. 
    [list type=decimal]
    [*]A contract must be made in local chat specifying the identity of the person going to be killed
    [*]After a contract has been made, the contractor (not assassin) must say in global, "A contract has been made to end someone's life"
    [*]After the assassination or hit has been completed, that person must be informed immediately afterward by the assassin why he killed him.
This is the only instance where you do not have to first talk to the person you're going to kill before you do so.  However, if either the contractor or the assassin is found to have been illegitimate in this process, then the rights lie within the assassinated.

Miscellaneous:
  • Randoming
Randoming is the act of killing or being violent towards another players self or property without any RP reasons. In essence, as the name implies, randoming is randomly killing people or attempting to.
  • Metagaming
Metagaming is the transcendence of knowledge acquired beyond in-character (IC) means.  This knowledge is found Out-of-Character (OOCly), giving the player using this OOC an unfair advantage over other players or factions.  This is directly against the server rules.
  • New Life Rule
One of the staples of a good roleplay environment, the new life rule states that each time your character dies your in character memory does also. For example, if you are an outlaw and a lawmen kills you during an RP dispute, you may not come back to your body or go back and try to get revenge on the lawmen.[/size][/list]
Any general disrespect, aggressive or flamey attitude, racism, or otherwise offensive demeanor towards players or admins is unacceptable.  Depending on the magnitude of the disrespect, it will result in severe punishment.
  • Offensive Behavior
Any general disrespect, aggressive or flamey attitude, racism, or otherwise offensive demeanor towards players or admins is unacceptable.  Depending on the magnitude of the disrespect, it will result in severe punishment.

Assassins should be gone its the wild west there more of bandit gangs to raid towns there were no truely important people like a king.

gaham1 said:
Assassins should be gone its the wild west there more of bandit gangs to raid towns there were no truely important people like a king.

I see your point, but I can still see RP situations where you would want someone killed discretely. Maybe we should rename the category to Hitman, or Enforcer?

Yes or bandito? Also they would probably be groups of people not really lone assassins no more sorta the guys running in with pistols blazing to go kill the sheriff

Perhaps the assasins should just be called bounty hunters, plain and simple.  But part of being a bounty hunter is attempting to take the target alive, so I don't know how well that would work.

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
Perhaps the assasins should just be called bounty hunters, plain and simple.  But part of being a bounty hunter is attempting to take the target alive, so I don't know how well that would work.

Yes, I think that would be the most appropriate solution. It would be like combining being an assassin and a town gaurd from PW, in essence.

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:

Yeah, Assassins should be replaced with either bounty hunter or Hit man, in my opinion.

Yeah, hit men is a good term.

I'd say apply the same rules from the old PW server. The assassin announces he has a contract, kills the target, and the target has the OOC right to know why he was targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom