My Character Died

Users who are viewing this thread

Shady

Recruit
A very odd thing happened to me while playing Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05. I fought a battle against a couple of Pengwyn lords, which I won; then, the king attacked my party while in camp, and I was killed during the battle.

I now do not appear on the party screen, nor do my skills appear in the party skills list. Despite my death, however, I can still play on, fight battles, talk to other characters, including my wife (who seems to have taken my demise very well), etc. It's a very strange situation, and I wonder if it's possible to resolve it in some way.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible to bring my character back to life?

use MnBSaveGameEditor (a quick google should take you to the tool thread) and edit the "p_main_party" (party ID=0). The first troop should have id = 0 (that means it is your character)

Sorry, I've got the tool, I've opened the save, and I've found that tab (I think), but now I am stuck: I can't seem to find anything about my character being dead or alive. What exactly do I need to do?

Shady said:
What exactly do I need to do?

short answer:

party_records
    party
        stacks
                troop_id = 0
                num_troops = 1
                num_wounded = 0
                flags = 0

note this will remove the old stack, so put your best troops below the first or in a town/garrison. It will delete whatever is the first in the list, and replace it with your character

That's great. There was one small problem: it wasn't possible to move one of my companions down, so he had to take one for the team. But it worked. Thank you very much. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom