Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Gotha

Adimi h.c.
Baron
Summary: Some players encountered graphic glitches / missing / wrong textures in HUD when switching between branches - in this case between 1.1.6 to 1.2.5.
Afaik It's fixable by deleting the %programdata%\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders directory.
How to Reproduce: Happens sometimes when switching between branches / after updates.
Scene Name (if related): /
Media (Screenshots & Video): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/877962989259612163/1177301178476929115/20231123183407_1.jpg
Computer Specs:
GPU: /
GPU Driver Version: /
CPU: /
RAM: /
Motherboard: /
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): /

Last edited:
Hey, this could be the result of a hiccup at the installation while switching branches. Verifying the integrity of the game files after changing the branch will surely help with the issue. Please take an extra step to verify the integrity of the game files to see if any of the files got corrupted during the installation, if the issue is persistent please let me know.

Players told me that verifying the game files didn't help and they had to manually delete the Shaders directory mentioned above.
I would assume that forcing the game to rebuild shaders after every update would be the best solution and maybe an improvement for a future update if something like that is not implemented yet.

Hey,
no apparently it didn't help them either.

But: Turns out it was caused by outdated mod files for these players.
The solution was to delete the entire Mount and Blade II Bannerlord/Modules/Native/AssetPackages directory to delete previously added files and after that verify the Bannerlord installation through steam.
(Some players also only had a file named XCrosshair_1.tpac to delete to fix the issue).
So apparently it was a user made issue.

Alternatively deleting the %programdata%\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders directory helps some users too.

Ticket can be closed I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom