Mount&Blade Font Customiser {1.4} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

its not opening now because of mbrepository is closed aren't there a way to download it using mediafire etc
Most, if not all, of the MBRepository files should have been backed up by the Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20211016125814id/https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1503

I still recommend using this guide instead for more customizability and control. It effectively obsoletes this program.
consider reading the last few replies :p

Heh, yeah. Please use that nifty font-making guide instead. Updated the download link in the main post anyway.

I'm still angry when I think about the M&B repository, but this is what I expected to happen back in 2018. The MBX forum went down right afterwards, now I'm expecting them to nuke or lock this board six years down the line. Kind of sad when you see this happen to stuff you did in 2009.

Winter kindly provided those boards for free for many-many years because they weren't allowed here (or anything that would make it look like official endorsement). It's a reasonable thing to do, I think.

I have very good memories of the SWC development and discussions, thousands of PMs. As well as seeing the secret development board for TLD, that one was a goldmine. You can also see stuff from Yoshiboy and the others, as well as the first mentions of what ended up being OpenBRF.

A good bunch of us noticed, Earendil included. It has been in read-only mode for eight to seven years. Things just change, this will also happen to Discord one day, and no one will be there to archive the discoveries in the public web like we have with any of these sites that will live for years to come inside the Wayback Machine. (Hi there!)

Winter kindly provided those boards for free for many-many years
They went down right after the downfall of MBRepository, so were they hosted on TW servers? It is confusing.
the Wayback Machine
Seems like when it goes down, we will lose a lot. Sending donations to archive.org to keep the platform up.
A good bunch of us noticed, Earendil included.
It was not that prominent, as opposed to the downfall of MBRepository. Maybe it was mentioned on Discord (that unarchivable site).

They went down right after the downfall of MBRepository, so were they hosted on TW servers? It is confusing.
No, it wasn't hosted by TW. Probably just a coincidence that it happened now too.

It was not that prominent, as opposed to the downfall of MBRepository. Maybe it was mentioned on Discord (that unarchivable site).
I only used it for research purposes for the Modding Guide. That's also how I noticed the shut down three weeks ago, a bookmarked link did not work anymore and notified Swyter about it. I don't think anyone else used that page anymore (which makes it also reasonable to shut it down). In contrast MBRepository has had still a bunch of regular silent visitors.

Back
Top Bottom