Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah it might be because the map is too big and dense, i could load it in thorgrims editor and it's not optimized, there are also unfinished parties on the map that crash the game if you go there ingame. i don't know what the original dev's intention was so im probably going to remake the map from scratch as it's easier that way, and then it should work with the cartographer. anyways thanks a lot for the help

im back, so the cartographer works with normal density normal map sizes, mine is pretty big and dense when exported from thorgrims map editor (there the map works just fine) and while the cartographer loads the map it really struggles with it, low fps and very unstable. i wanted to export this map into blender to reduce the vertices where it's not needed but the program crashes every time i try to export it as obj. any other way to export the map or do i have to reduce map size and density?

edit: so i've been following this tutorial:
mine is not nearly as big but just for testing purposes i've tried the same exact settings
MapWidth=1200
MapHeight=980
MapDensity=0.4

when i try to load this into the cartographer it doesn't even start up yet in the video he loads the map without issues and good performance. i can only load in much smaller maps with similar density but somehow my performance is terrible.
these are my specs: amd rx 6700 xt, amd ryzen 5 5600x, 16 gb ram

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom