Mod is not installing

Users who are viewing this thread

mikkel the great said:
You have unpacked the mod, rite? It doesnt matter 'bout you have the win-rar. file in your archive, I've heard others say the same as you, quite a few to be honest. I dont think anyone ever came up with a solution. t ry looking around this sub forum, and pray that you will find something usefull.

unpack the mod?

When you download it, it should be a win rar. file. It means its been compressed. You will have to unpack the files (so you get a folder) in the warband modules folder.

jacobthewild, do you mean to say you need to know how to extract the game files from the archive? Are there several files and folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (assuming you're using Steam), or is everything still in the .rar archive that you downloaded?

sumi, what the **** would I do without you on these forums.... <3

Whoa, hey, don't get all sentimental on me now. I was just asking for clarification on what exactly jacob's problem is... well, I mean, I was going to also give step-by-step instructions on what to do if it is indeed what I think it is, but still. I can't do much so I at least try to help where I can. Please get back with us when you can jacob.

Suminagashi said:
jacobthewild, do you mean to say you need to know how to extract the game files from the archive? Are there several files and folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (assuming you're using Steam), or is everything still in the .rar archive that you downloaded?
yes the singku jidai is stil in the winrar

look all i did was what the instructions said and that was to take the wse files into the main directory which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband. and then activate the wse file, i did this and up came the error message saying it failed to create libary thread, i trie d it a few times even tried deleting mount and blade from my computer and downloaded it again and it still does not, then i poste my problem on this here forum to which i am answered that i have to unpack it? im confused  :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

Okay, here's what you do.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Open a window (Windows Explorer) and go to where you have Shogun_-_Sengoku_Jidai.rar and Shogun_-_Sengoku_Jidai_patch_1.rar.
[*]Open another window, without closing the first one, and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules.
[*]Now go back to the first window. Drag Shogun_-_Sengoku_Jidai.rar, with the right mouse button, down to the task pane (folder names at the bottom of the screen) and move the mouse over the Warband Modules folder. Don't let go of that mouse button just yet. When the Modules window opens up, continue to drag the .rar archive up until it's where files are shown (or would be if you don't have any other mods installed). Release the right mouse button now in a suitable spot, but make sure you don't release it directly on top of any other mod folders already there.
[*]A little menu should pop up. Click Extract Here. Wait until your computer is done extracting the files to the intended location.
[*]When it's done, go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai folder you just created.
[*]Without closing the currently opened window, open your other window where you have Shogun_-_Sengoku_Jidai_patch_1.rar (or find it if it wasn't in the same place as the other archive).
[*]Do that same drag and drop with the right mouse button, except this time you're dragging the archive to the recently opened Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai folder. Again, make sure you don't drop the archive directly on top of another folder when you extract it, as you don't want to extract the files into one of the folders in that window.
[*]This time, it should prompt you that files and folders already exist with the same names. Go ahead and choose to merge or replace what is already there.
[*]After your computer is done extracting the patch files, you should now have the mod and its patch correctly installed (I'd hope). Now open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai\WSE Files.
[*]Select all 8 files, right click one of them, and choose Copy. Don't worry, you don't need to hold down the mouse this time. Just make sure you have all of the files selected at the same time when you chose to copy them.
[*]Go up a few folders to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband. Right click anywhere in this folder (except on another file or folder) and choose to Paste.
[*]You should now have all of the WSE files in the main Warband directory. To play Shogun, you're going to need to run WSELoader.exe from where you just pasted it (NOT from where you copied it from) instead of the normal M&B Warband launcher. I recommend creating a shortcut, either on your desktop or on Steam itself. If you need info on how to do that, or any other WSE installation info, take a look in here.
[/list]

I hope this is the solution you were looking for. Let us know if it doesn't work out for some reason or you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom