SP Other M&B Paper World v1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

You guys actually want to play it? :grin:
I better add something besides paper look to it then
right now its a paper version of my Expanded Gameplay mod, not vanilla game by the way.

ha ha that's a funny video fisheye.

Thorgrim, thanks for the explanation, I think I'll keep the textures I made because they create a more drawn/paper look, but will apply the B&W shader on top to make sure everything is uncolored.

do you plan to turn the trees and the faces into paper as well? that would complete the look of it. it's kinda interesting looking though, and it's a very unique idea.

Dear god, those two videos are hillarious.  Chel, do you think you could release it as a texture/shader pack instead, so people can use it with whatever they have?

Yes, it will just be a set of textures so you will be able to use it with vanilla or most other mods.

Thorgrim, I tried replacing all the shaders with the code and numbers you posted and it looked very different. Too much white, trees and ground became transparent. I'll have to think of something else..

Cool. Couldn't you (when you're finished) release it as a texture pack? Kind of like your terrain textures pack?

Your textures look better than the ones in Thorgirm's screenshot.

p16xw.jpg

M&B paper world

A set of textures that can be applied to the vanilla game or any mod. (originally made for Expanded Gameplay mod so it includes all of the textures unique to that mod as well).

Some things may still be colored due to the mesh itself being colored. I left them in, they are a good contrast to the rest, and it is not practical to recolor them for all mods and the native game's files. There are also some tones of green that the game adds to grass and tree textures.

To install:
Place the textures (*.dds files) into your mod's Textures folder under Mount&Blade/Modules/[mod]/Textures/, or Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/Textures/ if you aren't using any mod.
Make sure the module_info.txt file in the mod's folder contains the following line.

scan_module_textures = 1  (not scan_module_textures = 0)

If there are any particular textures you do not like (faces, hair, horses for example), simply delete the corresponding file and the game will use the default texture in its place.

One practical use of this mod is that it looks like it decreases the resources used by the game and may let you play with higher battle size or extra video options (shadows, grass) without a large decrease in FPS. Not sure about this yet though.

Download here: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=232
(Thank you Janus)

Have fun!

I love you.

EDIT: Gahh! Major bug! In the Skill page you can't see them it's just a white screen.

I`ve just tried it and, holy cow, it`s beautiful. it`s masterpiece. For the first damn time in the M&B module history everything look **** it was meant to be. Not that crapy, messy, brown-green-with-filth colours, but style of good ol` pen and paper D&D games. I should confess, I`ve had such idea some time ago after playing Expanded GamePlay mod but it seemed to hard for me.
Thank you, Chel, just thanks for all the good emotins I had playing this.

Thanks Snori, glad you guys liked it.

Yeah, a small problem with the skill names. You should have them memorized by now though :grin:

Looking at the screenshots, the blood is a little too bright or vibrant. If it's possible i think it should be more muted and darker, to go with the "drawing" look. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom