Last NE update

Users who are viewing this thread

First: Thank you for your amazing work. This was the first mod I got really addicted to.

I don't know much about modding  so this could be unreasonable but I would really like to be able to let kings I captured go for their unique weapon like in PoP.

I've been away from the game for a long time, and wasn't aware that folks were still modding this game, so forgive me if if I'm a little behind, This was always my favorite mod, but I was disappointed by the fact that they took out the claimants quests because they were "broke" (i.e. they never ended). They weren't broke, you just needed to hunt down the last remaining warbands (they seem to hang out around Sargoth). I would like to see them put back in (if they haven't been already), cuz it was a great way to gain exp,. renown, and a city or 2.

soulmata said:
Hi everyone,

soulmata here. I'm going to do one final update to NE before I call it retired. It's still my favorite Warband mod of all time and I still play it from time to time, but it's time to put it away.

Hello Soulmate. first off all thank you very much for the time and effort you put in this mod.
i started playing this mod around 150 hours and have 712 hours of playtime at the moment. ( and still increasing ) Hope all goes well for you and good luck in the future. you gave me some fun gameplay times and i still enjoy playing it. currently working on helping the one and true kingdom Vaegirs capture all of calradia. then leave them and have the DK's invade. very nice mod.

if its possible and not too much to ask is it possible to add diplomacy option in. or make it easier to give troops to patrols and caravans. ( if the engine works that way ) i still have 20 caravan masters and around 80 caravan guards waiting in the town to be assinged to my own caravan haha. and 1 last request. making it easier to edit troops in the kingdom. if i want to place high tier troops first i have to clear out the whole kingdom and readd them all. would be nice if there is a option to '''move up/down'' like in the party menu. ( i asked this question before but cant remember the anwser i got )

soulmata said:
Here's what I've got so far:

.624 changelog

Bugfixes:
* Fix siege tower bug
* Reverted the additional claims Kingdoms had on each other from previous NE updates. This was done due to an unintended consequence: the AI became needlessly aggressive, even to its own peril, and would often result in a Kingdom getting declared war on and also declaring war simultaneously, and the AI would be reluctant to sue for peace. This resulted in one faction or another almost always being wiped out by May.
* Correct typo in deliver ale quest for a lord's party
* A bug in the DK invasion script meant the DK were more than twice as likely to attack Swadia and Rhodokia than any other faction if the player was not a vassal. This has been changed so that it's now an equal chance. If the player is a vassal, the DK will continue to always attack the player's faction, plus a neighboring faction.
* TODO: It's still possible for the DK to attempt to war a defeated faction

New content:
* Add 5 new reference books, each providing a passive +1 to a skill while carried in your inventory
Of Bandits and Men - +1 Looting
A Dance of Tongues - +1 Persuasion
The Most Dangerous Hunt - +1 Tracking
Calradian Atlas - +1 Pathfinding
Seeing the Unseen -+ Spotting
* The books are carried by the two wandering book merchants you find in taverns. One has two of the books, the other has three.
* The two book merchants now each have a unique name and face, to help tell them apart and give them some personality

Dark Knights:
* The Dark Knights now have a new level of cruelty. They will now *never* release prisoners, and addtionally will torture captive lords periodically, reducing their health and lowering their renown. It's more important than ever to free captive lords!
* Dark Knights now receive more additional denars per week to spend on reinforcements (from 1500/3000 for normal/brutality to 2000/4000)
* Dark Knights will now perform organized assaults until they reach 7 walled centers, instead of 5 previously
* Defeating the Dark Knight's Marshall is now very devastating to them - they will need to wait a month before they can perform another organized assault, instead of merely a week.

Other changes:
* The "Hired Blades" merc warband that assaults the party now has a widely varying timer based on the player's renown. Specifically, they now will never attack the player if they have less than 250 renown, and will go a maximum of 175 days, minimum of 75 days, between attacks. For example: A player with 250-300 renown will get attacked every 175 days. A player with 500 renown will get attacked every 105 days. A player with 700 or more renown will get attacked every 75 days. This timer doesn't begin ticking until the player has 250 or more renown, and will not continue to tick if the player drops below 250. This should ease things up a bit where a player who was more focused on tournaments and small battles ends up getting an overwhelmingly powerful army crushing them in the early-mid game.

Hello, does the last version, .625b, include all the fixes and changes that were described here?

Back
Top Bottom