Lance Coucinh Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcgee79

I've been playing a game of AD1257 for a week or so now and suddenly my character won't couch his lance anymore. The last battle he couched it just fine and then out of nowhere, for no reason, he won't couch it. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a known issue?

EDIT: "Lance COUCHING Issue"* hahaha.

Double edit: I'm using the latest version

sorry for resurrecting an old topic...but I have the same issue. Warband 1.152, last svn revision. I can't couch! I have a good horse (worth something like 30000), its speed is no less than 38, is not lame. I tried with a 195 long spear, but didn't work so I thought I needed a lance. I have a balanced long lance, something like 250 long, and I still can't couch.

Any ideas? I use automatic couching, I also tried to switch to manual and press X while running but nothing. With all other mod and with native it works.

Spears can't couch, so you have to use a lance. To be sure the weapon you have can be couched, when in battle look if there's a little white dot next to your weapon's icon (it turns red when you deliver damage or raise it from couched).
Finally, this mod works with version 1.143, so using version 1.152 can cause some little bugs like music and archers' behaviour, maybe this one is also due to the version you are using.

P.S. IMHO, using couched lance is a waste of killing in this game. In the time you need to reach a certain speed, aim an enemy, hit, wait and charge again, you can kill many more enemies just holding left mouse button and releasing toward an enemy (simple thrust damage).
This way: you don't need to keep a minimum speed like for couching; you don't waste a charge if you hit a shield; you don't have to wait before couching again; finally you can run behind an archer line from left to right (it's better because enemies are on your right side, where your weapon is) and kill at least 3 of them one after another. This last thing works also with infantry as long as they do not turn around to face you, but just a few of them will do it and they won't aways have a shield and use it.
Couched damage is good against lords or strong enemies, but i rarely use it.

I normally do massive killings with couching, definetely not the same with using the spear/lance normally. When I attack, normally the trick of picking them on the back doesn't work, since even though my horse has a high armor, with those few hit points goes down very quickly if I don't run away. With couching, one shot one kill, without, I still have to run away and go back but I need a couple of hits to kill the enemy :smile:

I've been looking around but I don't understand, still, which kind of lance do I need to couch :smile:

I'm using a heavy balanced lance...isn't it ok for couching? I'd like to understand if this is a bug due to my version 1.153 or I just haven't find the right lance. Who here plays the mounted knight? :smile:

Everything with "lance" in the name should couch, AFAIK.
I have a simple lance and it does, even bamboo spears can be couched...

Try to make a new installation of 1.143 in another folder and see if you can couch; if you are playing with the last subversion of this mod and you didn't manually tweak/change anything, i don't know what else could be the problem. Your warband version is the only "wrong" thing.

Just tried again, on a totally flat landscape, and it works. I've been trying a lot on some battlefields but probably the terrain made the horse too slow :O

thanks for the reply :razz:

Back
Top Bottom